Reviews for Rise of the Grey Widowmaker
LauncesMechinist chapter 8 . 3/27/2014
I am still thoroughly intrigued by the story. It seems that Saevio, when he is transferred, might just get a wing of his own.
'The hero is transferred and thus his climb to legendary status begins.'
LauncesMechinist chapter 5 . 3/26/2014
Hmmm...where could Citatus have gone? I detecting a Grey Widowmaker vs. a Grand Chevalier at some point, talk about David vs. Goliath. If I recall correctly the Grand Chevalier is the heavyweight the French have.

I like the story so far, I know you're up to chapter 8 so I'll have to finish reading tomorrow.
A Temeraire Fan chapter 8 . 1/4/2014
You are a really awesome writer! This is really good and I hope you write more. If this was in a store, I would buy it. Keep writing!
animelover1993 chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
3 this is awesome
Neqs chapter 8 . 6/4/2011
This is an interesting story! It's fresh and well-written, and I really hope it will be updated!
Red-Eyed-Scribe chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
first i want to stress that i really like this story.

however there is one major problem i have noticed: the story is apparently set at loch laggan which is in the far north of scotland. the dragons seem to fly out patrol over the channel and come back all in one day. in the first book it takes laurence and temeraire two days to fly up to loch laggan from dover (which is right by the channel) although temeraire is young at the time, even the fastest dragon would have trouble flying the whole length of england, patrolling then returning all in one day. here is a handy map:

wiki/images/3/33/Ukmap_by_southpaw_

i was thinking if you set it at the falmouth covert then you're on the channel but still far enough from dover to avoid running into the characters and events from the books the whole time.
Master of The Blood Wolves chapter 8 . 2/25/2011
This story definitely has it's charms your take on the more run-of-the-mill aviators is convincing, the characters are well drawn, and interesting, and your syntax, grammar and spelling are really good.

My one gripe is your structure.

Although you use paragraphs well, your way of writing dialogue is extremely hard to follow.

The proper way to do dialogue is start a new line each time another character speaks.

Also, when you change a topic\subject, you also start a new line.

Asides from that, this is a thoroughly enjoyable story, and I hope to see more in the not-too-distant-future
Pitje2 chapter 8 . 2/19/2011
Yeah, a small update. :)

It's nice to know a bit more about the admirals, especially age wise.

I'll try to wait patiently for the next chapter ;)

p.s. good luck with your cute puppy!
dragonshina chapter 7 . 12/22/2010
More unpleasant surprises...

Good chapter, keep it up!
dragonshina chapter 6 . 12/6/2010
Ohhh... busted!

Keep the story comming!
Kayman chapter 3 . 11/9/2010
oooohhhh, this story is so good. I'm really digging it. Keep this up man, you're doing an awesome job.
Pitje2 chapter 3 . 10/26/2010
Amazing story! with a brilliant breed (I was already hoping somebody would atempt a story without a heavyweight/firebreather/acidspitter)

Hurrah!

Keep on writing :) Your Characters have alot of depth already and you've captured the atmosphere of the T series brilliantly.

Sigh... a star is born :)

keep up the good work
carick of hunter moon chapter 3 . 10/25/2010
It nice to see a story base on the world of Temeraire books but not using canon characters.

Which I think will be the strength of this story. The early part your story are nicely written and your writing style is descriptive, which adds a depth to the story, all in all, this is a very good introduction to your story and I am looking forward to your next update.
Sapar chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
Excellent story. I feel you have captured the language of the time quite well!

Your characters are well developed and you have placed the story into an interesting situation. I am looking forward to more chapters if there is any.

It reads quite well as three chapters, and I am excited to find out whats going to happen next!

Keep writing, its pretty good!