Reviews for SecondBest Destiny
Barbsat chapter 14 . 6/23/2014
If only the movies had been as well written as this I may have liked them. Your story was what Trek is meant to be.
MuggleCreator chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Wow. I just... Wow. I love the way you write – characters and situations.
I *knew* from the instant 'Young' Spock was given the task of deciding, that he'd choose Old Jim. I didn't foresee him dying first though. Brilliant.
PuppyBeBad chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
Seeing as this story is far better then the 2nd one they made you should send this and its sequel in to the guys making the new Star Trek movies.

If they read it I guarantee they'll turn it into a movie. It's a masterpiece of a story
MarissaTodd chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
But Spick did cry in Into Darkness. That was probably his human roots showing.
MarissaTodd chapter 7 . 2/8/2014
What happened on Tarsus IV might not have traumatized Jim, but I would think it left a, perhaps somewhat, deep impression on him. Events that effect a great number of people in a profoundly negative way such as the Holocaust, the Great Depression, or wars that cause destruction to massive amounts of civilization tends to do that.
StoryLover149 chapter 14 . 1/26/2014
This is so stinkin' emotional, I just love it!
miarath chapter 14 . 12/29/2013
Wow, simply wow!
I can't say how heartbreaking and touching wonderful this is.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 10 . 10/29/2013
What a very cool chapter!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 7 . 10/29/2013
About Author's Note #4: "The Enterprise Incident" was Season Three; I think the episode you're thinking of - the one that introduces the cloaking device into Star Trek lore - was Season One's "Balance of Terror." (Your main point still stands, of course - since this is an alternate timeline, anything could happen.)
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
About your Note #2 for this chapter: I agree with you that TOS Kirk doesn't beat TOS Spock at chess all the time. I think I know where the misconception comes from, though. In "Court Martial," there's a line where Kirk says, "Who knows. You may be able to beat your next captain at chess." I think that's said in a teasing tone, not meant to be taken literally, especially when taken in light of the line from "Charlie X," "I place you in the hands of our chess master." But I think literal-minded people assume the line means that Spock literally can't beat Kirk at chess. And yeah, agreement that AOS Kirk wouldn't be that into chess. AOS Kirk, as far as I can tell, has a severe case of ADHD. Concentration is not his long suit. :-)
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 8 . 9/19/2013
" A puppet can command a starship; but a puppet will not, and cannot, command respect." A starship runs on loyalty, eh Spock?
Guest chapter 14 . 7/26/2013
I would love to see some one shots in this 'verse. Especially any interactions between McCoy and Prime!Kirk and Prime!Spock. I've always wondered how they would interact with this younger version of their doctor. I actually liked that McCoy didn't want the older Kirk to call him "Bones" - it was privilege only his Kirk had earned it seems- and I think that works with his character.
I loved this story and I would be very happy to read anything else you may add to this universe. Happy writing!
Jasmin Kenobi chapter 14 . 7/4/2013
The funny thing about the AOS is that Kirk's older brother lived, unlike in the TOS. They actually made a mini-comic series that had them recapping some of the TOS missions in an AOS way, which included Operation Annhilate.
Jasmin Kenobi chapter 6 . 7/4/2013
Having read this chapter, I just wanted to correct a little mistake. The Enterprise is a Constitution-class ship, not Galaxy-class. The Enterprise-E is Galaxy-class, but not the first NCC-1701
Guest chapter 14 . 6/20/2013
This is the first piece of writing in my life that has made feel so deeply for the characters.
A unexpectedly and absolutely beautiful story.