Reviews for SecondBest Destiny
TFALokiwriter chapter 14 . 10/20
This was a amazing story. Brilliant job. I really do like your theme about fate. It was a really good exploration with the relationships that Old Kirk and Old Spock have to the relationship shared by AOS Kirk and Spock. *Claps* Brilliant work! BRILLIANT!
TFALokiwriter chapter 13 . 10/20
Hahhahaha Oh Old Kirk! XDDD. Hahahaha This was quite funny, and sweet. 3
Janet chapter 14 . 7/14
Thanks for a fun story!
Janet chapter 12 . 7/14
Aww. Thanks for bringing in company for Spock Prime!
Janet chapter 11 . 7/14

One minor point, for your own sake, is that it's SIMPLE carbohydrates that are bad for you. COMPLEX ones are the good kind, the ones in whole grains.
Janet chapter 10 . 7/14
I actually think that TOS Kirk WOULD have ordered Spock into the warp core chamber if he'd had the time to. Yes, Spock was Kirk's best friend, but both of them put duty before everything, and Kirk would have ordered Spock into the warp core knowing that Spock understood why he had to go. Even in "Amok Time," when Kirk disregards orders to take Spock to Vulcan so that he won't die, Kirk tells us that the Enterprise would be one of three starships at the event and that their presence was not really that important. And in "The Search for Spock," when Kirk and company steal the Enterprise, she was about to be decommissioned, so they weren't taking anything that anyone valued or would use in a more important way. Spock went on his own in TWOK, not because Kirk WOULDN'T order him to go but so that Kirk wouldn't HAVE to.

That said, this was a wonderfully interesting and dramatic chapter.
Janet chapter 9 . 7/14
Wow. Amazing chapter!
Janet chapter 8 . 7/14
Re: Your note 4 - Gary Mitchell was NOT Kirk's First Officer in "Where No Man Has Gone Before." Both "The Making of Star Trek" and "I Am Spock" make it clear that SPOCK was the XO during WNMHGB. In early versions of the script for the second pilot, Gary Mitchell was just another crewman, and they didn't decide to make him Kirk's dear friend until very late in the development of that episode. But making him Kirk's friend doesn't make him his first officer; from the beginning of the development of the second pilot, that was always intended to be Spock.
sarafine-ecleips chapter 14 . 7/12
F***, I started crying when Jim flashed back to Old Spock's death in WoK and didn't stop till the end. Beautiful story.
Barbsat chapter 14 . 6/23/2014
If only the movies had been as well written as this I may have liked them. Your story was what Trek is meant to be.
MuggleCreator chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Wow. I just... Wow. I love the way you write – characters and situations.
I *knew* from the instant 'Young' Spock was given the task of deciding, that he'd choose Old Jim. I didn't foresee him dying first though. Brilliant.
PuppyBeBad chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
Seeing as this story is far better then the 2nd one they made you should send this and its sequel in to the guys making the new Star Trek movies.

If they read it I guarantee they'll turn it into a movie. It's a masterpiece of a story
MarissaTodd chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
But Spick did cry in Into Darkness. That was probably his human roots showing.
MarissaTodd chapter 7 . 2/8/2014
What happened on Tarsus IV might not have traumatized Jim, but I would think it left a, perhaps somewhat, deep impression on him. Events that effect a great number of people in a profoundly negative way such as the Holocaust, the Great Depression, or wars that cause destruction to massive amounts of civilization tends to do that.
StoryLover149 chapter 14 . 1/26/2014
This is so stinkin' emotional, I just love it!