Reviews for SecondBest Destiny
Tweeky chapter 11 . 4/5
Nice reunion scene between Kirk and Spock however that kind of scene is why so many Kirk/Spock slashfics have been written by rabid ST fan-girls;-).
Tweeky chapter 6 . 4/5
Interesting conversation between Old Spock, New Kirk and New Spock:-) anyway in regards to footnote (5) you had to bring up ST:V? That was by far the worst ST ever made (And a big letdown for me) and that film is why William shatner should never, ever have been allowed to write the script of a ST film:-(.
Someone chapter 14 . 2/13
All the feelings... Wonderful writing.
TheDiamondSword400 chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
I Absolutely love your Reboot/Q stories, They make me smile like nothing else, truely a rare bright bright spot in a world full of stupid, and it would mean the World (galaxy, universe and beyond) if you would email me a copy!
TFALokiwriter chapter 14 . 10/20/2015
This was a amazing story. Brilliant job. I really do like your theme about fate. It was a really good exploration with the relationships that Old Kirk and Old Spock have to the relationship shared by AOS Kirk and Spock. *Claps* Brilliant work! BRILLIANT!
TFALokiwriter chapter 13 . 10/20/2015
Hahhahaha Oh Old Kirk! XDDD. Hahahaha This was quite funny, and sweet. 3
Janet chapter 14 . 7/14/2015
Thanks for a fun story!
Janet chapter 12 . 7/14/2015
Aww. Thanks for bringing in company for Spock Prime!
Janet chapter 11 . 7/14/2015
Fun!

One minor point, for your own sake, is that it's SIMPLE carbohydrates that are bad for you. COMPLEX ones are the good kind, the ones in whole grains.
Janet chapter 10 . 7/14/2015
I actually think that TOS Kirk WOULD have ordered Spock into the warp core chamber if he'd had the time to. Yes, Spock was Kirk's best friend, but both of them put duty before everything, and Kirk would have ordered Spock into the warp core knowing that Spock understood why he had to go. Even in "Amok Time," when Kirk disregards orders to take Spock to Vulcan so that he won't die, Kirk tells us that the Enterprise would be one of three starships at the event and that their presence was not really that important. And in "The Search for Spock," when Kirk and company steal the Enterprise, she was about to be decommissioned, so they weren't taking anything that anyone valued or would use in a more important way. Spock went on his own in TWOK, not because Kirk WOULDN'T order him to go but so that Kirk wouldn't HAVE to.

That said, this was a wonderfully interesting and dramatic chapter.
Janet chapter 9 . 7/14/2015
Wow. Amazing chapter!
Janet chapter 8 . 7/14/2015
Re: Your note 4 - Gary Mitchell was NOT Kirk's First Officer in "Where No Man Has Gone Before." Both "The Making of Star Trek" and "I Am Spock" make it clear that SPOCK was the XO during WNMHGB. In early versions of the script for the second pilot, Gary Mitchell was just another crewman, and they didn't decide to make him Kirk's dear friend until very late in the development of that episode. But making him Kirk's friend doesn't make him his first officer; from the beginning of the development of the second pilot, that was always intended to be Spock.
sarafine-ecleips chapter 14 . 7/12/2015
F***, I started crying when Jim flashed back to Old Spock's death in WoK and didn't stop till the end. Beautiful story.
Barbsat chapter 14 . 6/23/2014
If only the movies had been as well written as this I may have liked them. Your story was what Trek is meant to be.
MuggleCreator chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Wow. I just... Wow. I love the way you write – characters and situations.
I *knew* from the instant 'Young' Spock was given the task of deciding, that he'd choose Old Jim. I didn't foresee him dying first though. Brilliant.