Reviews for SecondBest Destiny
KatK91 chapter 14 . 3/24
Absolutely wonderful! The story development with Q in the mix was excellent. The emotional reunion of old Kirk with his Spock was captured with depth & beauty. As for young Spock & Kirk, they are well on their way to building their friendship that in turn will last their lifetime... as it should be.

Thank you very much. I will be reading that one again in the near future.
nmletters chapter 14 . 3/14
Hi - I've had this tab open on my device for months! and even though you may not get it I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this work - well written, innovative and very clever. I started to read all your old works too.

sigh I wish the actors and powers that be would love these characters as much as fans to.

Thanks for writing and sharing! I hope you'll write ST again! :)
Redstart chapter 14 . 12/20/2019
Violin Cameos chapter 8 . 12/6/2019
Pffffft, you put the Executor in? I kinda glossed over it when reading-it was just another starship name to me-but then you went and pointed it out and... that just made me cackle. Wonder who the captain and XO are... but the XO's most likely named Wilhuff Tarkin, right? Riiiiiiiiiight? :DDDDDDDDD
Violin Cameos chapter 4 . 12/5/2019
Fun story so far, can't wait to finish reading it! (And as far as Tarsus is concerned, while it isn't outright mentioned in the AOS, Memory Alpha says that, according to the Star Trek movie app, John Harrison (Khan's false ID) was one of the nine survivors who could identify Kodos. So it appears as though that debacle occurred in the alternate timeline as well-whether Kirk was there for it or not is a bit more vague.)
Kay Hau chapter 1 . 4/4/2019
Great job! Loved this story, and a little shocked that you managed to give us such a wonderful ending! Thank you!
Guest chapter 14 . 2/2/2019
Great job!
AmandaBaker852 chapter 14 . 11/23/2018
This is a wonderful story. It's a great idea to have Q show up in the AOS verse and I loved your idea of bringing Kirk back from the Nexus to keep Spock Prime company. If you ever do post a sequel, I look forward to it.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 14 . 10/25/2018
Well, that was perfect and lovely and ... I keep coming back to the word "perfect." :-)

I watch the AOS movies, and I enjoyed the first and third, for all that they would have been VERY different if I'd been writing them. :-) But my heart will always belong to TOS. So it was nice to see the reunion of the original Kirk and Spock, and it was nice to see NuKirk acknowledge that those two have something special that he himself does not.

The new guys mostly make me sad, so I've mostly stopped reading Kelvin-timeline stories, but you're so good that I'll follow you even into the Kelvin timeline. Lead on, Captain KCS, and your loyal crew will follow! ;-)
ilex-ferox chapter 14 . 10/23/2018
Thank you for this compelling re-working and the pleasure it gave.
HeronS chapter 14 . 10/23/2018
It's beautiful. I really really want to explore more of our two Prime's adventures in this other universe now! Because there is no way Kirk is going to be passive :). What to meddle with, what to not... If you have a second chance...
mckydstarlight chapter 14 . 10/22/2018
This was amazing!
Elanor2000 chapter 14 . 10/22/2018
Amazing. I so look forward to your next work.
cautionald chapter 14 . 10/22/2018
This story! Even knowing what was coming it still hit me right in the feels. Thank you so much
Meh chapter 14 . 10/22/2018
While it's certainly a reasonable fear...er concern...well you know what I mean, for Spock IIRC Sarek didn't actually have Bendii Syndrome, he was instead being drugged by someone with something that produced the same effects. Long enough that for all intents and purposed he could be said to have had it, but it was artificially induced. Forget the exact details, been awhile since I watched an TNG.

As always, thanks for an enjoyable story. You're one of the best Trek writers, especially for TOS and AOS