Reviews for Disasters in Dragon Killing
Please continue I love this
ILoveVampireDiaries chapter 5 . 6/6/2014
Please continue! :D
Book girl fan chapter 5 . 10/23/2013
He's just not getting it. Ah, well. The truth in this case IS pretty unbelievable.
PianoGirl24389 chapter 5 . 8/26/2013
This is great! Please continue. It's been two years. :(
Tsukimine12 chapter 5 . 4/10/2013
Great story!
Continue it pleaseeee! w
AdenaWolf chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
I'm sure that's it Stoick. Too much bonding. Sure.
LyricalMedley chapter 5 . 2/18/2012
OH my goodness! What's gonna happen next! This was an amazing story! I love seeing the movie from Stoic's point of view! Very, very, very well done! :D

...If you were to write more...To add the the story...I would definitely be excited to read it!
Vi-Violence chapter 5 . 10/12/2011
Please update soon!
Blipity Boo chapter 5 . 10/1/2011
plz update soon! :D
Annabeth The Unicorn chapter 5 . 2/8/2011
Update! Pretty please! Love the story!
where the wind blows chapter 5 . 2/5/2011
awwwww thiss story is so cute! i just watched the movie actually and i was wondering what Stoic was thinking through this whole thing. In any case PLEASE update soon! wind
sexypancake chapter 5 . 1/22/2011
Yay! Happy to see another update. I can't wait for Toothless to appear!
Rylie chapter 5 . 1/22/2011
*in a singsong voice* I love it! You do Stoick very well and I really enjoy reading from his POV. I love the chapter and am ecstatic for the next one!

Loving your story,

Rylie AKA DragonflyonBreak
Gumdrop Boo - Ch4rms chapter 5 . 1/22/2011
I am so happy to see an update ma'am!

That being said I think the beginning part of this shines with Stoick's thoughts, his excitement to see his son, chiding himself for doubting, etc. It's calls me back to your first rearing story and all his disappointed and hopeful thoughts. I can really feel him glowing here at the thought of his son being a real Viking finally! :D

His reconsideration of Hiccup shooting down a Night Fury was unexpected and I loved the 'boy who cried dragon line'

However, and this is probably just me, but that bit thrown in there of him actually seeing a dragon [Toothless] seemed a little out of place. You had him think about killing it but I would imagine him going straight to Viking mode about it. He just returned from a failed dragon hunt, he hates dragons, and he's proven before he doesn't listen to reason [i.e. goes off to find the nest despite warnings of his son who has *been there*] so, to me he acts a bit OOC by just leaving it though you could say he's showing some kind of reasonable mercy. Although I'd argue that Hiccup's mercy inherited from his mother's side and Stoick only does it in extreme circumstances, like when a dragon has proved it's worth by saving his son's life.

The benefit of the last part was to see Stoick's observations on Hiccup as they bonded, for sure. Although I think you could get away with not listing all dialogue verbatim because readers know what is said. Description could be a good tool to recap what is said in a new way i.e Stoick's rant of dragons and dragon killing could be, and this is just an example:

"His son's response prompted him to spill all the words he had always wanted to say. He recalled aloud the glorious feeling of slaying a Nadder and spilling it's innards, as well as a good clean Gronkle decapitation meant as a trophy on a spearhead. 'What a feeling!' He could barely contain his glee and eagerly gave his son an affectionate slug on the shoulder, which sent the boy reeling backwards[...]"

So just a tip for the next time you come across a scene with a fair amount of dialogue that the reader is already familiar with, you might consider using that aspect of storytelling. :)

You are no doubt a wonderful writer who can certainly get in and examine a character; this chapter just hasn't sparkled as much as a whole for me like your previous ones. I hope you are doing well and I can't wait for another update. Go Stoick! :3