Reviews for 1:2 Dempsey and Makepeace: The squeeze musings
HarryMakepeace chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
You did very well again:-) Hope you're writing more soon! It's great to go back in time and remember the first season:-)
Mulla chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
That was very good ,brought back lots of memories from the begining of D&M you do it so well
Helenj chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I love your musings and the way you fill in the gaps in the episodes. Their thoughts on each other were spot on and I always wondered how she ended up with a similar car to his...You explained away their behaviour at the start really well because I could never understand why they were so frosty with each other when they had ended the first episode on good terms. I think Glynis comments on this in the DVD too.
Krato chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
So nice to go back in time and remember how it all started.

I liked the idea of Harry never having experienced the adrenaline rush of physical police work before and Dempsey introducing her to it.

She had lived. That was bloody intimate, looking into those soulful eyes and thinking that would be your last view on life... what a brilliant line

and the other side... He'd looked into those blue eyes -wow they were stunning – and said sorry, he hadn't wanted to bring her to such a dangerous point of death. Truthfully he'd also been sorry for himself – for not having had the chance to sleep with her. But, he remembered, they had nearly made it – after all the champagne and caviar had been an allegory, they would soon he was sure; bloody hell that probably wasn't wise.

'Lie back and think of England' who the hell did Spikings think she was? Number 1 objection – if she did, she would do it for her pleasure; Number 2 objection – with Dempsey there was categorically, absolutely no way.

Loved the Angel and the Devil on her shoulders

Neither had he yet got used to the idea of partnering a hot chick, his body seemed always 'ready'… Oooh eeer ;-)

If he was going to treat her like one of the boys then he shouldn't be flirting, she liked it though... Good point Harry but then you just can't help shooting down your own argument on flames.

was her passion police work or correct procedure? He needed to know... this had a 'turning point' feel to it and fortunately, she passed his test

Enjoyed the positive/negative points of view

Loved all the parallel thinking

Clever how before Dempsey, Spikings is happy to shove Harry into the 'just a woman' box but through Dempsey, allows her to come out.

The car showrooms thing was so sweet, especially when he realises the 'couple' thing is getting to her and lends her his car.

I always find it incredible how you manage to weave your own spin through an episode. You really got the feel of this ep. from both their points of view and it was quite fascinating to read. A lovely and unexpected treat.
Duann chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
a fantastic story - very in character and that's exactly what I think they were thinking then. it;s also interesting to go back to the first time they met and had to learn to work with each other.
Slyquinn chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Ohhh, so he always admired her... And he excited her, nice.

- Truthfully, he'd also been sorry for himself - for not having had the chance to sleep with her. lol. Gee Dempsey, how did he put up with himself all that time, lots of dreaming and other stuff I suppose!

I could imagine her crude and severe answer to his AVAILABLE question; Yes but NEVER to you!

Always HATED it when he told "stupid broad", Glynis didn't like it either... She said it was rude, I wanted to kill him, it was hurtful and mean!

- he thought of sex. Yeah, he looked like he was in a daze, hahahahahahahaaa, nice thinking.

Ah ha, You see they always liked each other, they went car shopping together... lol

BTW, I liked the ping-pong writing style.

BTW, I liked the ping-pong writing style
xLaramiex chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
I love how you repeat phrases for each of them. Very effective.