Reviews for Winterreise
ALWAYSL0VEG00D chapter 1 . 5/22/2019
This was quite heavy to take in although the "comic releave". You pronounce Dumbledores ability to make (unpopular) decisions on the basis of his believes and suspicious without consultation even if it means clashing with Minervas temper and accuracy. This is exactly how I imagined the Black / Snape business went down.
But this happens before the background of a deeper theme: war, slipping control, tension and strain due to Voldemorts first rise. It is hard on Dumbledore as sole leader and by extend on Minerva. I think Minervas teasing behaviour was a cry for help. And Dumbledores "besieging" reaction though rough and demanding brought them back together. They need each other dearly to compensate the horrors. If you will, Minerva is Albus' rock. It shows to what length one goes out of love.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. It took a while to think about it and out some word to paper. Cheers to a complex, intelligent and challenging short story x
slenderpanda2 chapter 4 . 11/7/2013
Great ending :D
slenderpanda2 chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
Nice contrast :D
slenderpanda2 chapter 2 . 11/7/2013
Ooh, nice.
slenderpanda2 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Great chapter but slightly confused about who the 4 women are at the end?
Iselima-Minerva chapter 4 . 9/15/2011
This story really gets to me, it fascinates, it forces me to think and think, it is hot, but in a cruel and very nasty way, it is shocking and yet beautiful and intense, intelligent, challenging. In other words a great write and very unsettling, which is part of its power.

What if Albus would have made excuses, in words and not just, in a way, in gestures, to Minerva after his assault? Though I'm very sure you consciously did not let him make excuses, on the contrary, the last line seems to indicate he thinks himself justified...it is the unsettling part of the story (apart from the siege on Minerva).

The tenderness and wonder in his eyes afterwards...wonder that she let him do...giving him true release that way, wonder at how she was able to endure it, allow it, allow him?

Perhaps most bewildering and yet understandable is Minerva's reasoning. Allowing him as she loves him and as he seemed to need what he did, considering the extreme pressures in his life (and their relation, under the influence of those same pressures).

It is Minerva's CHOICE to let him do, and she is able to balance the pro's and con's of their relation thus also afterwards 'willingly' accepting Albus's assault.

To me that means that it is not automatic that the power in the relation is with Albus...it may very well be with Minerva...holding the key towards the lasting of their marriage.

And of course, as your Albus can be very caring and loving and respecting of Minerva, we don't know, that had she objected , what he would have done...would he have ignored her and really rape her? Somehow I believe that he would have retreated and consider Minerva at that point.

This is yet another very courageous story and very well written, as you do. Wonderful to read, drawing me in and I must say that I have read this story a good number of times, enjoying and pondering each read, before I was finally able to write a review and resume part of the questions and thoughts which your 'Winterreise' so tantalizingly invoked!
yourmirroroferised1 chapter 4 . 9/1/2011
Your typical dark fare, but not without humor. Intriguing. I enjoyed it!

Yours
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
A well-written story that presents a chilling and intricate picture of abuse and manipulation. Albus is quite terrifying in his power, his scary sense of righteousness, his ability to convince Minerva that he controls her out of love - even as he uses sex/rape to punish her. The last line is really a punch in the gut: the casual cruelty of it suggests just how sure he is of his upper hand. I don't think it's too much to say that he's monstrous, but in complex, ambiguous ways.

Subtle and well-done.
eternal vampire chapter 4 . 10/26/2010
Your dead on again. Very good story. Your characters were well put together and the whole story was enjoyable. Hav a great night.
nicci chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
okay, seriously, we need a chap or two about this 'clandestine affair' in her seventh year . . . like, for reals