Reviews for A Kind Of Silence
Random Ruth chapter 2 . 7/20/2014
I don't think I've read a story from Soulless Sam's POV before... have I? I don't think so. I love how you made his thoughts all about logic and the rules of Sam and Dean. And how he tries to work things out. This must have been a really hard one to write so bravo! :)
shookenuppepsi chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
You write soulless Sam really well. It's fascinating because of what we do and do not know. We know he doesn't really *feel* anything, but he knows things still and reacts to situations. I think you've done a great interpretation of his internal conflict between what he's expected to do and how little he knows to do without a soul.

And I'm totally with you about being iffy on the whole soul thing. Seemed a little bizarre. But I think Jared did a fantastic soulless act, so I was okay with it most of the time.
Hunnique chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
That was remarkable. The way the logical analysis goes through Sam's mind, and the vague remembrance of something more. Your prose makes us live everything, with the interesting twist of the reader understanding Dean and Sam a lot more than they understand each other. Very cool.
Ryla chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Personally, i loved this episode. Dean kicks ass and it's not all being a vampire cuz he's going up against one that's six centuries old and I think it's safe to say that anyone that old has picked up a few tricks so Dean kicks ass when technically he's at a disadvantage. And you're absolutly right about Sam. He's not himself and I am waiting to see what happens. I'm just glad they extended it another season when I was so late to the show and they're trying to stay close to the premise of the show while wrapping up one story line and starting another. Great story and thanks for the hard work!
gostlcards chapter 2 . 11/7/2010
oh man...i'm not even through the second chapter yet, but this...this got to me

"Sam considers that maybe it isn't that Dean never knew any better, but that Dean just always wanted to believe him, so very badly"

:''''(

Would love to see your take on this last episode in this vein, if you were up for it...
Lamarquise chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
I know you want Sam to be something, but you seem to be attributing feelings to him-like actually caring what Dean thinks of him or about their past. I know the show is making those mistakes; if there truly is no feeling, then there really should be no feeling. No anger, no satisfaction, etc. I share your dismay at the way the show has been going, and in particular I think this soulless Sam plotline is a bunch of hooey.
kayter chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
It makes me so happy when I watch and episode an am like, speechless and not knowing what to do with myself or wondering how the hell I'm supossed to wait a week with such a cliffhanger... and I check my email and I got an alert from you having written something already (L)

Anyways, this episode like, really, really left me speechless, I just continued on staring at the screen like an idiot. So much screwed up things happened episode... yet I have no major comments, I just... don't. I, for some reason I can't explain, really liked that Dean took the crp out of Sam at the end, like really liked it, and don't know why...

Ok so, I already mentioned that I love how you write Terminator!Sam, and you just continued to prove me right with this chapter :)

What Sam knows:

...

I loved that, I was like HA! Dean can still surprise you btch!

I loved Dean in the whole chapter! his reactions, what he told Sam, very Dean-like, very IC to me :)

"Is this an I don't understand you humans kind of question, or is this just you being an asshole?"

You killed me with that, I read the line multiple times just so I could laugh again

"No, you're not," he says, and steps away into the sunshine.

That made me feel very pleased and very sad, like Dean completely understands what Sam confessed, what it means, the whole extent of it.

I just loved that, it made me smile when I read it :) soooo fitting! And, from what I could tell, I'm also glad you're not a Lisa-hater, the girl hasn't done anything wrong! except being there for Dean in the ways she can! And whether the fandom likes it or not, she makes Dean happy If you don't like her just don't write about her, right?

Anyways, I rambled on and on again :P

I was very pleased with this chapter, it made me happy :)

Thankyu so much for writting!
M2 chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
You have an intriguing style of writing - you reveal just enough to make us wonder what else is hidden...keep up the good work!
sandymg chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
Another interesting take. I finally tackled my own S6 Sam. A little different than yours, but not by all that much. It's very hard until we see where it's going. The no soul idea is interesting to me. I keep myself very open within the SPN universe - and accept many a fluid plot point :)

Really, I can admit. I miss Sam. The one that even as misguided as he was in all of s4 felt things so deeply. I watched a clip of the infamous Levee fight in the honeymoon suite. My god, they both had tears in their eyes.
MMS chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
I felt really bad for Sam. Well, I'm a Sam-fan it's to be expected...but I felt awful for Dean. Did Dean need 2 punch him? I don't think so at all. Sam told him the truth-which is a long way coming, I'll give ya that, but if you were in Sams sitchation-what would you do?Tell everyone you can feel nothing? Absolutely nothing? Sams logical, and it would be absolutely sucicidal for him to come out with that in public. The preview for the next preview, 'family matters' proves how crazy hunters become going after him. And to know somethings wrong with you and to have memories of extreme love and loss...it would suck, dude. That's why I feel bad for Sam...just sayin'.
cold kagome chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
WOW... LOVE IT...
Tuppence chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
Great chapter. Kinda wish I hadn't read the spoilers, as I haven't seen it yet, but...well, whatever.

I'm still hoping Supernatural can salvage the situation. I mean, it explains a lot. And I suppose being a meat-suit for Lucifer is sort of different to selling your soul, bartering it, whatever. Because then, you literally hand your soul over. (And they did have to get rid of the body first.) So body AND soul in hell? And not just hell but Lucifer's cage? I dunno. I really, sincerely hope they have an explanation for it.

Tuppence
Tuppence chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I completely know what you mean about the episode.

I loved it because a) Dean can still kickass, even if he's a vampire. And damn did he take those guys down. And what a chilling end to the fight, his foot on the head and whatnot. Brilliant cinematography. b) SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG WITH SAM. It's not poor acting, poor directing, missing chemistry. It's a plot. Finally, conclusively (sort of), something's wrong with Sam. And (hopefully) we're eventually going to find out what. c) Creepy Grandpa Campbell may not be as evil and irritating as once thought. And woohoo for that. It's like Mitch Pilleggi in X-Files all over again. You hate himm and you hate him and you hate him and suddenly, poof, you don't. d) Bobby, sit up and listen you old dingbat. Keeping things from Dean, specifically Sam-related things, NOT GOOD. And it's sort of a nice comeback from the Bobby-rake-down of the previous episode, about how whiny and bitchy they are about each other. e) Mocking Twilight? Always a plus.

So yeah, I loved this episode for a multitude of reasons. And know what? Dean already picked up that something was wrong with Sam episodes ago, so yup. Solid evidence that Dean isn't as dumb as a doornail.

Brilliant chapter. Interpolating your own writing with bits from the show was really well done, well woven into what you had going on in Sam's head.

Absolutely brilliant writing!

Tuppence
emmau chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
Wow, a peek inside the mind of Sam-it's scary in here. He's working so hard to logic Dean out. It doesn't work, honey, because Dean's not particulary logical. He runs on emotion, which makes him hard to predict. It felt so creepy and manipulative to read Sam thinking "Dean always does this, so I have to do this." But then, at the end, there was a glimmer of something, where Sam was thinking about how Dean has to stay safe by not forgiving him-oh, Sam, are you really in there somewhere? I think this story made me more sympathetic to him, because I've not been feeling Sam at all lately.

I love your Dean. He's smart, he's wary, he's a step ahead of logic-Sam. I loved how he out-lawed talk of Lisa and Ben and put an stop to the manipulation right there. This is what I want to see Dean do next week: let Sam know what he's not going to put up with while still letting Sam know he's not giving up. I loved this.
borgmama1of5 chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
This feels excruciatingly right to read.

Sam constantly checking on himself, constantly analyzing Dean's behavior-you wrote it very effectively as the mindset of a person who does not know who he is.

And I love you forever for this line:

"Besides," Dean repeats. "The guy that basically just saved the world shows up at your door... you expect him to have a couple of issues."