Reviews for The Reason I Live
FirePony16 chapter 7 . 1/12/2014
Once again excellent story! :D
MMShadow chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
I'm definitely loving the new empathy bond thing between Sam and Dean! It makes them closer than ever.
ccase13 chapter 7 . 2/1/2012
John really goofed up when he sent Dean to practice looking for a "fake" monster.
kasey123 chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
love it
Tandy Sandman chapter 7 . 1/15/2012
I absolutely love it! Can't wait for you next one to finish. Keep up the good work!
SPN Mum chapter 7 . 4/29/2011
Another great story! I am really enjoying this series.
Sharon chapter 7 . 3/5/2011
I loved this chapter. It's been weeks since getting to use the computer so, just now able to read this. The conversation between John and Sam was so good. It gets me that grown up Sam is so knowledgeable. Your descriptions are wonderful. Love you, love this story, love the wee chesters. Love to read more.
CuriousKitty chapter 7 . 3/5/2011
i din't even realise what fandom was missing till I read this. Anti-deaged and kid fics rock1 carb't wait to read more in this verse!
sarahann10 chapter 7 . 2/19/2011
Again a masterful story. You keep drawing me into this 'verse. Loved it and can't wait to read more!
rog457 chapter 7 . 2/16/2011
"Stop it! No one has to take care of me. This isn't what I want. I didn't ask for this…for Sammy to give up bein' a kid for me." Dean's eyes are brimming with unshed tears, his bottom lip trembles even though he's trying hard not to lose control. "I can take care of myself."

It is heartbreaking that this is coming from a 9 year old who just went through a horribly traumatic experience. He not only feels that he has to keep his father and brother from fighting but that he doesnt need or deserve to be taken care of and that he has to keep himself from losing control.

I love how you used the description of Dean standing amid the destruction as a metaphor for Deans life (at least I hope thats what you did), and there was Sam doing his best to comfort him and care for him with John in the backround then leaving.

After everything Dean has still more to get through. I'm glad though that John was able to contribute to getting Dean better even if it involved making him sick.

Love the way this story ended with Sam making a list of all things he wanted to do for and with Dean before he turned back into little Sammy.

I am looking forward to the next story in this verse.
bia1007 chapter 7 . 2/16/2011
Wonderful ending to this part of the verse (soooo glad there will be more)! Can’t tell how much I love this story and certainly can’t thank you enough for writing and sharing with us!

There are so many special moments I won’t forget and again this is another all-time fav story for me – Sam’s and Dean’s bond is so perfectly and beautifully written!

Loved Sam’s tender way of bringing Dean back to him, giving him time to feel the difference and truly rebond (“…and after studying Sam's hand for a while, Dean grasps it in both of his and leans forward until his cheek is resting lightly inside the curve of it…’It's different…warmer…drier...nicer.’ Dean mutters quietly under his breath and then presses his check more firmly against Sam's open palm.”). Most important though was Sam’s reassurance to Dean that Sam’s turning into an adult “it’s not a sacrifice”. This is what will make Dean holding on and it was an amazing vow of love from Sam – “It's not and I've never thought of it that way. Never! I made this wish because I love you, because even when I was four years old you were more important to me than anything else in the world. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Do you understand that Dean? You're everything to me. You're my whole reason for being here. I-I don't know what would happen to me if it weren't for you. I don't think I'll survive to be this size, to grow up for real, if I don't have you to look out for me."

Dean’s reaction very well showed he believes what Sam said, how important he is to his brother and how much loved. A touching little example was Dean telling Sam he’d like it when Sam calls him “kiddo”. You are so right, their “souls are entwined together” and they are truly “two halves of a whole”.

To give John some credit here, I do believe he loves his boys in his own way and a telling moment you could see his sadness was when he entered the room and watched Sam and Dean (Their dad stops in the doorway, stares at the two of them and shakes his head. "How do you do that?" He whispers and he sounds kind of sad and kind of wistful.). Still – very glad grown up Sam will stay with Dean for a little while longer to make sure Dean is okay.

Grand story, thank you!
prettyredfox chapter 7 . 2/15/2011
eeeeks, I loved it1 Great job, as usual, and I can't wait to see what else you have to write!
IritIlan chapter 7 . 2/14/2011
I'm so happy there'l be more stories in this verse, it seem very promising.

John is unbelievingly ignorant about what's wrong with his own behavior and the damage it causes. I wish there was time for adult Sam to give a few much needed lessons to him, though I also think that giving Dean a few happy childhood days are a better way to spend his time.

It doesn't seem like John got the message, realized how wrong the way he treated Dean is, I try forgive him once in a while, but most of the time, when I'm non totally furious with him, I can only feel pity for all he's missing out, for never really knowing his children. He could do nothing about what happened to Mary, but losing on being a family after that, having Dean and Sam lose their father as well as their mother, that's on his head.

I would love to read more on this verse! It'll be really good to see how Dean having the chance to be the one taken care of and Sam seeing things from the care giver poing of view will affect their future relationship and their relationship with their father.
CanadaNL chapter 7 . 2/13/2011
More stories in this verse? Super happy me! Great ending to a wonderful story.
brookiwinchester chapter 7 . 2/13/2011
omg i luv this story and series! i was thinking about ur little note at the end and thought it would be a great idea for a next installment if when they get older instead of Sam getting older and taking care of Dean, Dean gets younger so Sam can take care of him. you kn ow like the wish in reverse kind of.