Reviews for Mercy
Bellaflan chapter 1 . 10/8
I loved this; it broke my heart.
TheFearOfYou chapter 1 . 8/31/2016
Tragic but beautiful
Narges chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
Very tragic. I kept expecting that she'll be saved.
whilewewereyetsinners chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
Gah! I kept waiting for him to save her. I suppose he did as much for her as he felt he could, and it was a definite mercy. Wonder if Jane or anyone else will realize he's the one that gave it to her? He may have been better off if he'd broken her out of jail and escaped with her, if so. But then how would he have lived with himself: on the run with her, knowing he had a living wife, and feeling he was going against God in every way possible? That would have destroyed both of them as well- him first, and then her. What an awful conundrum. :( Great story, though! Thanks for sharing it.
meelee72 chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
Wow.
Ouch.
That hurt.
Wonderfully written.
cherrymystery chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
OMG...that was a great story! The ending was absolutely heartbreaking but sooooo beautiful!
orchid718 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
This was so, so good. I love the last line, the premise appeals to me (avid historical fiction/memoir reader) and I like that Esme is so relatable. And these lines:

"It all disgusted me. I'd long since made peace with the idea that I was going to die, but suddenly I was eager to just get on with it. This life here, living alongside these people with their hypocrisy hiding diseased souls, sickened me. I'd rather take my chances facing whatever lay on the other side of the fire."

I don't know what exists on the other side, but i can't be sure of anything more than what i see, feel everyday. to think that circumstances could become so bad as to make life not worth living, makes me hurt inside. and it hurts even more to know that although this is fiction, countless people in the real world, in history, have felt this way, and were justified in feeling so.

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sharing.
kitty2lion chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
so sad
DayDreamer077 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
This was interesting. :)
insanemum chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Wow. That was awful. Very well done!
Alice's White Rabbit chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I don't know how I missed this little gem before. But, it was beautifully sad. The Salem witch hunts really were a blight on our history. Such foolish beliefs and ignorance.

Thanks!

Sally
Jasper-replaces-edward chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
ooh that was odd, but good. xx
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Excellent. That was all too familiar a scene in New England in the 1600's. And willing to bet they were all good women just like Esme.
x-rayLady chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Ah, the age of witchcraft, a miserable time to be a wise woman, if you ask me...
KeeWit chapter 1 . 11/17/2011