Reviews for Mercy
Milene Lira chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I'm really, REALLY crying. I can't explain. This is so terrible, sad, dramatic, tragic and even beautful. Reminded me of the movies I saw about the Middle Ages. )':
yOyOoo chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
oh wow. that's all i can say. gripped my heart.
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Excellent. And miserable.
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Excellent. And miserable.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
This was amazing! So sad, though; I am crying right now. I was always fascinated by the witch trials though, and it was great to read something about that and my two favorite characters. I hope you will consider to write more about Carlisle and Esme :)
winterstale chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Nicely done. :)

Thanks for writing and sharing.

~w
maxipoo1024 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I'm not even sure how I stumbled across this story but I'm glad I did. I'm from new england so I know all about the witch trials. I have to say a big thank you to you because not many people know that the "salem witch trials" really took place in danvers. My husband is from danvers and one of his biggest pet peeves is when someone completely ignores the fact that salem really had nothing to do with it. So thank you from the both of us!
1AnastasiaBeaverhausen chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
As always your attention to the historic details of a time period enriches your lovely storytelling. I find this dark time in our past particularly captivating and I loved the story you fashioned from it. Oh, poor Esme! And all the other falsely accused men and women of that terrible time.

Thinking about her plight made me see the modern equivalents in all the poor individuals who suffer under false accusations and hateful assumptions about their lives because they are "other."

We may not use the stakes and the gunpowder so much anymore, but I'm ashamed of how much hate and intolerance remain in "polite" and modern society, as well as high-minded hypocrisy (in the vein of Jane), and they are every bit as destructive. Thanks for bringing that to light, and hopefully issuing a reminder that bending to societal expectations can be a slippery slope that, once taken, takes away happiness and love.
bspest04 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
wow. you are such a great story teller! this was just riveting... and so terribly sad. Just thought I should let you know how much i enjoyed it!
marigold123 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Enjoyed your story of ill-fated Esme. I can just see Esme with her herbs and potients...taking her revenge on Carlisle...but was it really revenge? Enjoyed.
VampDog chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
A perfect Halloween tale, even if I am getting around to reading it a few days late.
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Nicely done!
KristenLynn chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
I read this last week while at work, so couldn't review, and I just now realized that I needed to come back and leave you a few words, because this story really resonated with me. I love dark-witchy stuff, and I love how you have explored one of the darker times in the history of witchcraft; the zealous attempt to eradicate a problem, yet it is the accusers who were often more a slave to a false belief/darker power than those condemned. That Esme had never once used the darker stuff until she was condemned was a wonderful twist-and that the spell she cast would effect Carlisle one such a deep level...

Bravo. Very well done!

KL
ecullen'sgirl chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Thank you for writing and sharing this.
McGee42 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Fabulous! I love how very, very dark it is. And the doomed romance, le sigh. The last sentence is just perfect.
69 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »