Reviews for Mercy
polyphany chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Wow, so sad, but really, really well written.
effleurage chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Wow. Very powerful images and well-chosen words. I especially liked your choice of characters. My heart dropped to my stomach and hasn't found its way home. This subject matter is close to my heart. Thanks for writing a piece of historical fiction, it was extremely moving.
CynMar Rom chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
oooowwww that was mean of the faiths huh?

beautifully written, as always :)

Much love!
lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Thank you, so much, for writing and sharing Mercy with us. I enjoyed it immensely. A few of my thoughts:

1) You write Esme and Carlisle beautifully. I love your Esme. She is so strong, selfless and a huge heart. I love how she befriended Sarah White. She refused to believe the rumors about her and was there for her at her death. I loved that Sarah showed her some of her "magic". In 1694 everybody was suspicious of magic but some of those things are now used in farms.

2) I also loved the history that Esme and Carlisle shared. They obviously had a grand love but arranged marriages shattered the idea of them becoming married. I also loved how Esme has such strength of ending her abusive marriage. At first, Carlisle and Esme, were very angry at each other and that showed in them talking to each other, at first.

3) I loath your Jane, she's an awful woman and everyone thought that she was a perfect god fearing woman.

4) I do also loved how Carlisle and Esme's dialog started to change during the story. It went from anger to love. A love that obviously, Carlisle, felt for her. When it was time for her to be burned, Carlisle, showed how much he loves her. He didn't want her to die painfully. Esme's last thoughts was perfect. She was strong in life and death. She saw the love that Carlisle still had for her and Carlisle obviously showed that to her in his eyes. He also saw Jane for who she really was.

I have to admit that you don't see writers write Carlisle and Esme. I have to tell you that if you wrote them again, I would definitely read it. Thank you, again.
000deleteaccount000 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Loved the ending...it was a shock, but I loved it.
shaz308 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Very sad, but very typical for that era. Loved your story. Look forward to more of your work. Thanks.
LittleDarkG chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
so well written, i love it

xo
Iwant2sparkle chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Dear lord, spangly, that was depressing. Very well written though. Those poor people. I couldn't imagine being burned alive. As much as it pains me to say so, I'm glad he gave her the gunpowder.

Now go write some fluff. : )
nitareality chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
This was very well written, and the end was just perfect. I guess I should feel sorry for Carlisle, but I don't, even after that bit of kindness in the end.
DICATAKADD chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I don't think you could ever disappoint me with anything you write...wow to think this story is based on history (not sure how many accused died over the years). So painful and dark, the end was something else...brave Esme and sad Carlisle (thank goodness he stepped up).

GREAT LINE AT THE END:

I saw it now, though. I saw the love pouring out of his eyes while my imminent death circled me like the heat and smoke from the fire. In that moment, my revenge was complete. And my heart broke right along with his.
AlwaysAround888 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
:'(
Lydia S. Hall chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
So sad...but, as always, well done!
MtAiryGrl chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Fantastic story. Well done.
The Love Peacock chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
well this was pretty sad. still amazing ending!
MelissaMargaret chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
This piece is amazing. Beautifully well written. It made me tear up a little at the end.
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »