Reviews for Mercy
The Love Peacock chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
well this was pretty sad. still amazing ending!
MelissaMargaret chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
This piece is amazing. Beautifully well written. It made me tear up a little at the end.
missjessxoxo chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I dig it in this sort of morbid way. ;)
cool-gal95 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Seriously honey...what was going on in your mind when you wrote this. This was DARK. Nonetheless, an amazing piece of work. I can't imagine how women in those times would have felt. Being accused of witchcraft; seeing loved ones turned against them, rooting for their death...then burning alive on a pyre. You completely brought out all the sordid details of such heinous crimes.

As for Carlisle, I would have said that I have no sympathy and that he should have known better, but I do sympathize with him. Born and brought up in that era, it would have been hard to break to all social customs like that. Esme was always the more free-spirited of the two.

I loved the line "And my heart broke right along with his". t showed that wronged as Esme was, she still had her love as her companion. Even though she had become disgusted, horrified and completely faithless of the people, justice and, even, God, underneath her anger, she was still Esme. It was beautifully done.
Sunshinemommy chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Wow. How very sad that while these characters may be fictional, these events most certainly are not. Well done.
squidbert chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Nicely done. Would have liked one of the pieces of flaming kindling from the explosion pierce Jane through her bitter, shriveled heart.
CShepherd91 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Well... wasn't that pleasant?

Good Lord woman, what a downer. I don't cry, 'cause I'm hard as nails, haha, but I may have sniffled a little. Sniff, sniff.

That was really good. Depressing, but good. After doing a module on the Witchcraft trials last semester, I have to say this is pretty top notch too! :)
martdg chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Oh my goodness, you did warn it was dark. I went ahead and read it anyway, thought it would affect me less since it's Esme & Carlisle. Ummm, nope... still made me weepy. ;)

So wonderfully written. I loved Esme's bravery to stand up for what she believed in, to turn her back on the surrounding hipocrisy. It made me wish she could've been brave enough to refuse an arranged marriage. To find her strength years ago and ask Carlisle to run away together.

Their love story is so tragic, even more so that Esme never realized Carlisle's love for her until the end. It almost makes me want to believe it was a magic love spell. Because it breaks my heart thinking Carlisle always loved Esme. That if he knew of her true feelings all those years ago, he may have done anything to keep her with him.

Thanks for sharing, an excellent story for Halloween!
Nala147 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010

I love the frist chapter, I cannot wait for more, yayyy you juat made my day :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
rtexas chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Oh my goodness. I really enjoyed this short story. It's such a shame that tragedies such as this are apart of our history.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5