Reviews for The Rebellious Wizard
Lugia'sChallenger13 chapter 5 . 9/11
Great story I like the fact that they can do wandless and wordless magic
Krystal chapter 1 . 8/30
Your writing itself is fine, however, the method that you have Harry use to try and prevent the bullying from happening again is distasteful. In some ways, it could almost be considered bullying in and of itself. Responding to verbal bullying with physical assault is not something any teacher in their right mind would approve of, no matter what the reasoning was behind it.
It may be just me, but while reading this I felt as if he was almost worse than the initial bullies. Furthermore, it seemed almost as if he was taking after the terrible example of his Muggle relatives, despite his loathing for bullying. Throwing himself at someone and repeatedly punching them until they are unconscious and lying in a pool of their own blood as you had him do to Draco Malfoy is revolting behavior, that would NEVER be permitted. If such behavior continues into his adult years he will end up facing assault charges and rightly so. Had he thrown a mild spell or done anything but turn the incidents into a physical beating I might have been able to approve, but this, this is disgusting.
Now, you are a talented writer (even if I don't agree with the message you are sending, or your version of Harry) and I apologize if it seems as if I am being unfair or harsh in any way, but I could not help but comment on what I see to be a dreadful flaw in your Harry's character. Initially, I had imagined that I would adore your story as the summary spoke of an independent Harry entirely opposed to bullying but I am sorry to say that the way your Harry displayed his opinions on the matter was entirely uncalled for. Names are names, and while they can been both mentally and emotionally damaging, to react so violently in the defense of the victim of such actions transforms what may have been a heroic and great motive, into something sickening. Had I personally borne witness to, or been the victim, I would find myself extremely wary around the would-be savior, and do my utmost to stop him from doing further damage to the bully as he could, intentionally or not, permanently damage the person-bully or not.
Thank you for your attempt at a great Harry, and I wish you luck in further writings, regardless of my own personal opinions that undoubtedly conflict with yours on this particular story.
Fallow52 chapter 5 . 8/18
Kudos :)
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 5 . 8/4
Interesting concept but it is not a very serious fic.

This makes a great phone fic like it was typed on someone's smartphone in Face Book style with limited characters *words*.

Nothing compared to a real fanfic like the Sorting Hat's Last Stand where the Sorting Hat has protective measures placed to know if any students are being mistreated and discovers Harry lost all his childhood and intends to more then make up for it consulting Lady Hogwarts *the school itself*.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 4 . 8/4
What's A4 paper? Is it related to the highway?
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 1 . 8/4
I'm a train fanatic now after watching the older seasons of Thomas The Tank Engine by Ringo Starr and George *may they rest in peace* and Harry should've asked in your fanfic.

The worst that could happen was they would deny it for *safety* reasons which is usually paranoia due to the over reaching government but if Harry said he was doing it for academic purposes to learn how to be one they would more then likely let him on.

I don't think Wizards have the political correctness problems of the real world where you have to be very paranoid.
Karatekid-Ninja chapter 5 . 6/29
Cant wait to read the next one! Really enjoying this, but again I wish it was longer. That seems to be a common thing amongst your stories, they are really good to read they are interesting but they are short. OH well cant have everything :)
Saissa chapter 5 . 6/28
Excellent story!
FotoDi chapter 5 . 5/19
Would not MoM's sensors have detected wanted Magic near Hermione's registered home? Wouldn't that event have triggered an automatic "caution" from the Underage Magic auror/goons?
Kain129 chapter 5 . 5/11
loved it
old-crow chapter 5 . 4/22

I loved the final scenes of this story.

Well done,

sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 5 . 3/23
I did indeed enjoy this story very much. Canon Harry was a punching bag. The difference here could not have been more obvious. Your Harry was a Gryffindor with the cunning of a Slytherin.
Tropp chapter 5 . 3/12
Perhaps somewhat simplistic and few obvious "short-cuts" but a funny and good read. A frustrated and angry Dumles frothing at the mouth is a safe source for entertainment.
Alie-yaoi chapter 5 . 3/9
I like
The Ghostly Minion chapter 5 . 1/28
I love this story and its sequel. I hope you'll consider writing sequels beyond your two.

D. Page Robin