Reviews for Not My Sammy
Sphinxius chapter 6 . 4/8/2014
I really, really liked this. For it being your first time writing in the first person, you did extremely well. If you hadn't said anything, I never would have known. Seriously great work here!
lillelouis chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Domesticated and Dean Winchester in the same sentence just SOUNDS like a pet-tiger. You know it's gonna flip out and eat you eventually.
Shazza chapter 6 . 2/11/2013
Sam, hazel: Dean awesome Irish green
thanks for the story.
micksmouse chapter 6 . 7/5/2012
I should have read the stories in order. I've been thinking that it would be nice to have a story about getting sam from the shapeshifter and here it is. Nice story. Keel it up.
ccase13 chapter 6 . 1/20/2012
This was a very interesting take on what might have been wrong with season 6 Sam. I hope someone told you that Dean(Jensen Ackles) and Sam(Jared) are reported to have green and hazel eyes by those who have seen them close up.
CeCe Away chapter 6 . 12/21/2011
This is really good. Dumb shifter.
sandycub chapter 6 . 11/15/2011
This was such a great look at what could have happened to Sam! I loved the twist that it was Gabriel that raised Sam from hell! I have to say when I discovered what was in the box that Sam left with Bobby before Detroit it brought tears to my eyes! Poor Sam to have gone through all of that!

Can't wait to read more!
T.L. Arens chapter 6 . 4/4/2011
*applause* Nice epilog! I liked how you divided the story into different POV's. I did the same thing for a story quite a while ago when I had several events happen at the same time.

I loved how Dean slept next to Sam (too bad we'll NEVER see that on TV) and later on laid his coat over his brother. *sigh* I love those private moments.

"Iā€¦salted and burned the little critter in the barbecue."-Seriously, that is pure Dean Winchester! I can SO see him doing exactly that, too!

You know, in many ways, I think this was far better a storyline than what they dished to us over the first half of Season Six. I mean, they really could have taken this idea and ran into all kinds of directions with it-and just gotten into all kinds of creepy. Yeah, Dean was sounding the alert by the third episode that there was something off about his brother, but... I dunno, the shifter idea sounds like it would have been fun. At least with soulless!Sam, it gave them the opportunity to show how bad a hunter can get.

Thank you for the story!
T.L. Arens chapter 5 . 4/4/2011
I liked the descriptions you used in this part of the story. At first I envisioned the place where Sam was held as dark, lightless. but apparently there was light of some kind, somewhere. I also liked how you described the smell. yeah, I'd bet the shifters didn't care what conditions their hostage laid in. Nasty things, aren't they? kinda gross like vampires.

My only tut-tut here is that Dean should have asked for Castiel's help at the beginning. while I understand that all he wanted to do was rescue Sam and bust a few heads, it was illogical to wait until the last minute to ask for help and then get into a moment of small-talk-questions about Sam's handprint should wait until after Sam was safe and taken care of.

What of the other shifters? did Bobby and Rufus find any, or did they just find more skins? That's a little unsettling, since it's obvious there were more than one.

It was cool the Missouri was there, but she wasn't as much help as I thought she should have been. I think, too, it would have been theraputic for Dean if you allowed him to shoot a guard-someone should have been guarding Sam, really. Not that he'd escape, but no telling what would happen since the area might be crawling with hunters.

It's all Sam's fault.
T.L. Arens chapter 4 . 4/4/2011
I think I'd almost like to be the fly on the wall in the panic room when Dean kicked the crap out of the shifter... almost. I'm sure it wasn't pretty. I liked how you did this from Bobby's POV. I've always enjoyed it when he observes how Dean can be so much like his father. I think I'd like to read more of that.

You know, that shifter wasn't very bright. Had he been smarter, he would have taken more information about Dean from his host before encountering Dean. That's a mistake he didn't live to regret.

So... Dean is on a war path. I think the Campbells should be worried.
T.L. Arens chapter 2 . 1/15/2011
The idea of Dean needing to fumigate the Impala after something supernatural rode in it is hilarious! I can just picture his reaction after Crowly occupied the backseat-and then Crowly plus Brady. Bleach or lysol? LOL That's priceless. I enjoyed Bobby's narrative here. He's so crusty at times, but his knowledge forces those outside his personal circle to respect him no matter how crotchety he may be.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I think it would have been really interesting, though shorter a tale, had the writers gone this route. I like the idea. But then, I love seeing a pissed off Dean Winchester. I love the narrative here-you really have a good hold on his voice and I have to say that I'm glad you did not use a four-letter word in every single sentence. Dean might cuss like a sailor, but even in the TV show, it's done with some propriety.

I'm fairly certain Dean, here in your story, will do a lot more to the shifter than simply plant a bullet in its heart. He'll probably rip the monster's heart out and feed it to the vultures.
ziggy.uk chapter 6 . 12/2/2010
Great epilogue, you tied this fic up nicely. Sam finally on the road to recovery, probably physically more than mentally and Dean back to doing what he does best, taking care of Sammy.

A really enjoyable read, entertaining and believable.
ziggy.uk chapter 5 . 12/2/2010
Awesome chapter, very graphic and descriptive and hard-hitting. Dean was never going to find Sam in a good place but being left in his own filth but with an iv tube left in so he wouldn't dehydrate but would suffer more is more than cruel. Guess the shifters were having their fun with the youngest Winchester. What a pity none of them were there for Dean to plug with silver bullets. Loved how Dean got Cas to transport them back to Bobby's but it sounds like it's going to be a hard road to recovery for Sam. Loved how the amulet brought him comfort though.
ziggy.uk chapter 4 . 12/2/2010
Yay, at least Dean gave the shifter what it deserved after it revealed the location where Sam was - and trust it to be Lawrence, a place painful for Dean to revisit. I'm guessing that it is Dean's amulet in the box but could well be wrong. Great that Bobby is going to accompany Dean and wise too that he is calling for backup in the form of Rufus. Always expect the unexpected and three is better than two, especially as Dean's emotions are bound to be all over the place.