Reviews for Batman and Robin
K chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
I was kinda imagining Bruce freaking out that he couldn't find dick or Mari after the explosion
AJRedRobin chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Wow, an interesting twist of fate.
Luis chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Magnificent doesn't do this one justice. The depth this story went to on emotional levels for both Dick ad Bruce are impressive. I liked that the ending had a bit of charm but didn't have them forgetting all that had happened between them, but istead had them moving forward from it.

I would actually love to see where this tale goes from here!
Mrs Grayson chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Somehow in spite of all of the angst, the drama, the pain and the suffering, you managed to sew a silver lining throughout, one which was given a chance to shine at the end.

Also, I laughed out loud at Bruce and Dick's bantering about comb-overs and no longer having depth perception. So many years apart and still very much Batman and Robin.
bat-with-butterfly-wings chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
is it bad that I'm crying?
Avril chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
This story hits so many notes so sweetly. The angst is overwhelmig at times, but there is a lot to be bitter about. Dick still ahs all the cahrm he had as Nightwing and I can see why he would be upset over his daughter's life choices. and then, as you perfectly showed, Batman and Robin put everything aside and were together again.

Would have liked to see even more backstory (although this was a pretty long one-shot to begin with) but maybe we can see more into the wse adn aged characters?
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
good BitterSWeet story
mo chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
OMG SO Sweet
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Well, welcome back, Lady Luder! It's been a while, comrade.

That being said, this story offered an interesting interpretation of a scene you could have seen in Kingdom Come. I have a hard time believing that Dick would stay away from Bruce for a whole 20 years but I suppose it suits well for the story at hand.

The conversation was clever as usual. The connection Dick makes between how Bruce looked after him in the past and how he takes care of Gotham in the present was a clever move. There are a few things I could question or criticize (I thing the whole deal with Dick and his daughter, despite the symmetry of it, was a little too undeveloped when compared to the rest) but I'm hardly the person that needs to be criticizing somebody else for overemphasizing something that was unnecessary.

Good story and welcome back.
batmite chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
haha only dick cna crack a joke about losing his "good" winking eye, loved it!
anon chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I will always prefer villains who at least have a point and frighteningly may even be right about everyone being better off under their benevolent dictatorship (of course make education great so the common man does know what is best for him and his children's children and democratic republicanism can work) like Ra's al Ghul if the environment isn't brought into balance no matter the means or cost the future for the human race will be worse than any dystopian fiction and will lead to the extinction of the human race not through misadventure but suicide through stupidity or Lex Luthor who as he says if he was calling all the shots could end famine and cure cancer and he could his mind is capable of anything perhaps give everyone ultra high-tech non polluting technology and maybe even superpowers lead humanity and the rest of the universe to unimaginable glory remember Red Son he united all humanity and led us to a golden age that lasted millions of years

A lot of villains seem unaware that if they used their mind and/or other talents for legitimate business causes or the government could be far more profitable than any crime spree

Of course vigilantes can be sanctimonious hypocrites judging others and letting themselves go unscrutinized condemning others when they do the same thing for less reasons I think it is disgusting they don't share their scientific breakthroughs (of course inventors should be well compensated) with the scientific specifically medical community or their skills with law enforcement agencies far more good than beating up thugs and psychos fight crime at its source ignorance and poverty. I realize due to rarity and complexity mass production may not always be possible or at least cost effective and due to difficulty not all could take brutal training but a little bit could go a very, very long way. The ability to think of future generation when calculating pragmatic utilitarianism is what separates us from the animals. The world is not the way it is because of thugs and psychopaths, corrupt businessmen/politicians (which contrary to fiction are the exception not the rule) but because most people are too stupid to know what is best for them the extreme left and extreme right get caught up in their ideals and refuse to acknowledge brutal facts of reality no real world understanding of the extreme complexities of politics, economics, technological logistics, and how they’re all interconnected in the long run. People want everything right here right now the whole world just handed to them on a silver platter think just by complaining something will happen without a tangible plan. Such a plan will require a lot of long, hard, boring work all day every day for generations.

I'm glad the government has Suicide Squad, Cadmus, Checkmate, the Elite, Amanda Waller, and the new female Spy Smasher, Cameron Chase I'd include the Secret Six but I think from now on even if they're not going to be full fledged villains they stood up to the worse villains and are pure mercenaries I think

Have you heard of The Boys
Cap'n Nemo chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Not a huge fan of Kingdom Come but this was a wonderful look into what might have happened behind the scenes, especially between father and daughter. Great job.
Anon chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Amidst all the angst and pain in this story, I laughed out loud at this:

["You have no depth perception anymore, I don't trust your judgment."

"Well, Robocop, you have a comb over, I'm not sure I trust yours either."]