Reviews for A Matter of Time
nunnyy chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
This is awesome, but I wish it was longer.
Keep writing like this!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Oh gosh, this was wonderful. This was simply, truly, entirely, thoroughly, I-need-more-adverbs-ish-ly wonderful. Every line of dialogue and every bit of the description of River were spot-on, and the story was both really entertaining and fun, but also carrying some emotional depth; I especially loved the part where River told him she would never have willingly endangered the TARDIS. All of his reasons for feeling so close to her were very well expressed as well. I loved the ending, wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey woohoo :) It was perfect. Simply perfect! I love your work ;) (and I'm not always that randomly gushy, I've also read that huge awesome ElevenRiver fic of yours on LJ, which brought me here in the first placeā€¦ anyway. I'm admiring and enjoying and you can expect more reviews soonish)
snowfire169 chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Loved it! Nailed 11/River.
Sylva Dax chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Delightful. You captured them perfectly.
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
love this.
Jillian chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Win!

Best bits: "He was going to blame that on heatstroke... Time Lords could do that, the drowning bit. Though he still hoped no one would make him prove it."

"See, sweetie, the fact that you had to keep qualifying that statement is exactly what I mean."

"So! You decide to set the ship on fire using only your sonic and some string... Which you then proceeded to help them put out." (Doubly good. First, for the nice throwback to the Time Crash special. And then River's follow up).

I like how you got them out of trouble, too.
TonksontheTardis chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
I loved it!

Really funny(:
eriphi chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Well done, as ever. This is just fantastic and sparkles with good humour. I love the whole premise, and your execution (if you will pardon the pun) is flawless.

There are so many perfect Doctor moments here - the constant qualifications made me smile and one day please will work, then River had her own moments too - an archaeologists confusion over time periods!

Then you manage to cap it all of with a really touching insight into their developing affection. Lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Oh my gosh, this is obscenely enjoyable. I read it on teaspoon but came here to comment, that's how delightful I found this.

is reminding me to give a well-rounded critique, so I would also add that towards the middle you went on about River's expressions a bit much for me.

But seriously, the humor, and the fondness, and the genuine vulnerability that I so rarely find believable in the Doctor, it's just... yeah. Good times had.
hannahncakes chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
oooh I love this. Beautiful, funny and wonderfully written. Brilliant all-round. :D
Virgin in a brothel chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Because you asked... lovely :)
fanfictionlover101 chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I love River/Doctor fics and this was brilliantly done!
Sealy7 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
This is one of the best 11/River fics I've ever read. It's fantabulous!
timano chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
As Jamie said in THE WAR GAMES (1969), "Whenever there's trouble he's in it up to his neck!" (referring to the Doctor, of course, in his second incarnation). He's certainly in it up to his neck is in your story! 10 out of 10 stars.
lizbet0 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This was lots of fun to read! I very much enjoyed the light-heartedness of it, and how you give us a peek into both the Doctor & River's minds. Also, Amy & Rory being their piratical rescuers is a HOOT! LOL!