Reviews for Less Traveled By
Wildfire2 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
Wow, wow, this was an amazing story. I hate that the girl still died though.. but I'm a sucker for happy endings. You wrote this so well and I really enjoyed it. The only tiny thing I would have changed was bringing the kidnapper back sooner as there were a couple chapters that while fun to read it was feeling a little drawn out. Still it was amazing and really well done.
Jennygeee chapter 11 . 10/3/2013
I have no idea how I could have missed this - I have to tell you how amazing this fic was, I loved every bit of it. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to find it but they say that the best things are worth waiting for and this fic proves that! Thank you so much for sharing this.
DTS chapter 11 . 8/30/2013
Oh, this was so sad! The beginning seemed more of the mystery, then you got the hunt aspect, throw in a little high school and end with a tragic romance. What Jed says to Dean at the end nearly had me in tears. Beautiful!
NiDubhchair chapter 11 . 6/6/2013
ASDLKGLJLAKFGHLJADKFFDJLAL! Oh. My. WORD. Your writing is fantastic! Reading you feels like snuggling in a big fluffy blanket of perfectly appointed prose. A big fluffy blanket that also occasionally grows teeth and rips your heart out (OH MY GOD THAT LAST CHAPTER. I cried. I did.), but, you know, that's the way of things.

I really love how you are able to explore the inner motivations of your characters without getting wordy. I love how REAL John seems - not a cardboard villain or plastic hero like he is in other fics. I love how you get the interplay of rivalry and love JUST RIGHT between the brothers.

Since you ask for c&c (though, I mean, you could just skip this part 'cause it's already done and it's pretty much perfect and ADADLKSADHG YOU'RE AMAZING, but for what it's worth . . .), I will mention just a couple things. It seems a little slow in the middle. I mean, I _knew_ it wasn't over when it SEEMED like it could be over in, like, chapter 7, but I feel like maybe you could have interspersed some foreshadowing here and there through those chapters that would have kept the page-turning tension up a little. Also, while I liked Annie A LOT, I felt like her parents came out seeming a little TOO cookie-cutter and nice. I actually suspected that they might be the real villains and in on the whole thing, because they just seemed a little too artificial & perfect. That said, I LOVED Mr. Huntington's last scene with Dean. Gaaah. Heartwrenching.

Thank you so much for this. I can't decide whether I'm off to plow through the rest of your fics or if I'm inspired enough to dust off a few of mine and start working on them again. Thanks for the inspiration! *Hugs*
NiDubhchair chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
Eeeeep! I'm loving this so far! Just a teeny tiny quibble that I thought you might want to fix: if one of Sam's eyes is swollen shut, how can John tell his pupils are uneven? Not a biggie, just figured you might want to adjust that sentence. Anyway - ONWARD to rest of the story!
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 11 . 4/10/2013
love it.
pariah wilson chapter 11 . 10/13/2012
really enjoyed this, with all its twists. The characterization was marvelous- loved the little John/Sam moments when they got each other, and even more when John got Dean.
And I want to smack Dean for not taking the money, but I get it.
alyabunny chapter 4 . 10/9/2012
Apparently this fic is VERY appropriately creepy, 'cause reading this late at night is giving me the chills!
somersault-j chapter 11 . 9/29/2012
This was awesome. Loved it very much :D
WolfPilot06 chapter 11 . 7/23/2012
This story is *amazing*. So so so so so so freaking AMAZING. I have no words. The detail and thought you put into the stories you write, and the strangely (to me!) unpredictable, yet completely believable nature of your plots, astounds me. I'm *loving* your writing incredibly much!
WolfPilot06 chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
Hahahaha, still reading and LOVING the almost-normal act of heroism (augh, you've got to love Dean's innate tendency to just act and do the right thing without thinking, and Sam's ability to pull himself together under pressure, even at age 13) that's morphing into the Winchesters' kind of case, but I had to stop and note the line: "What...?" their father's face was scrunched up, and he looked like he was trying to figure out if he was dealing with a mutiny and if he should start shooting people before it got out of hand.

Seriously laughed out loud at the image of a slightly befuddled, slightly alarmed John Winchester trying to figure out of he needed to put down a mutiny or not. Wonderful. 3
pesky.lil.critter chapter 11 . 6/12/2012
First off, I really enjoyed reading this fic.

I really don't think the 'crazy hybrid case-fic' is particularly farfetched. It's probably not very common, but I'm pretty sure it happens in the Supernatural universe. And you've got Murphy's Law right. If it can happen, it will happen. Often to the Winchesters.

Also, we've seen how important a car can be. That '67 Impala saved the whole damn world at one time.

Third, I don't think you're so far off with your characterizations. Not any of them. And Annie is definitely one of the more well-written OCs I know.

And, much as it pains me to say, I get the feeling her death was somehow inevitable, and necessary for the story. (This is why my characters so rarely die. It often feels like killing a friend or a part of myself. Even with the bad guys. Though I make exceptions for demons.)

What bothers me is the scene in which Dean gets shot. I mean, the story totally felt over, and then this happens. (Winchester Luck again, I guess, but it still feels wrong.) I can't quite put my finger on why it bothers me so much, or what exactly bothers me about it.

Anyway, I think this is a really great fic. (Although it seems to me you sometimes mix up the tenses.)

Love, Annabeth

PS: Just so you know I think I may have missed 'After School Special' so I'm a little unclear on the details of how this fic ties into the canon of the show. I'll catch up at some point.

PPS: Do watch Doctor Who? 'Cause the 'most important object in the universe' thing just made me think of Donna Noble. If you don't get the reference, just ignore the entire postscript.
Julefor chapter 11 . 5/27/2012
I am amazed at just how good this story was. Truly heartbreaking. I was so sure the ghost business was where everything was going to go wrong and once it was over, I took a deep breath and thought, oh no, what's in store for the boys next? It was not what I expect. You did great with the parallelism. The way the cases and the lives of the characters converged seemed seamless. This will definitely go in my favorite.
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 11 . 4/29/2012
I've been reading a LOT of Supernatural fanfiction recently (late-bloomer, much?). Compared to it all, this was the most entrancing and suspenseful of all. Your characterization of Dean was wonderful (I'm a Dean-girl, myself, so I should know!). I honestly can't give enough praise about this story, because it kept me hooked and I felt so touched by its developments. I even cried at the end of it, when Dean was confronting Annie's father. I CRIED, which I don't think I've ever done reading fanfiction. Thank you for providing this heart-rending experience.

I think it was a pretty good suggestion of why Dean decided not to graduate, too! Oh, and I applaud your supernatural/real-world mesh-up case! )
JaclynMorris chapter 11 . 4/24/2012
They should totally do an actual supernatural episode like this. not in the past but with the ghost and two different perps. Totally awsome!