Reviews for Persona 4koma
SHSLAwesome chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
You know why they don't let your party members revive MC-kun? Because of that SMTBS! Seriously that was me playing through the game the first time. One of my friends said "play on hard! it's not that bad!" and I fell for it. That's what I get for not knowing that Atlus is a bunch of sadists who like to laugh at our misfortunes... :)
Hawki chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Missing a lot of the context, but sattire on game mechanics is something I can always get behind. And on that note, it succeeds.
KingJeric chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Oh man, I love bits that take apart the gameplay.
The sneak-attack misses are hilarious, too. But whenever I imagine screwing up in P4, I just remember trying to catch golden shadows in P3. It's just so much worse.
The thought of the Shadows casually making fun of the characters is somehow a cute one. Like the Shadows are just playing a little game (no pun intended) at the player's expense.
Ikasury chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
yea they definitely didn't have that in 1, 2:IS, and 2:EP... *sips slurrpy* but i know your pain, oh how i know it... *pulls out that eternal feather thing you get on easy* which is why i love these things! :D

and as far as i know, MC for P4 was originally called 'Souji Seta' in the manga adaptation, though now the cannon has shifted to it being 'Yu Narukami' from the P4Anime series... which is funny, cause even the director-person was like 'yea i know Souji's the 'cannon-accepted' name, so?' and therefore the anime-peeps just through their own in there... which to me, is totally fine, why? *like shino* cause MC's name changes depending on the person playing, so i'd make sense to 'me' that the show, manga, and game would all be different... Yu Narukami, Souji Seta, Ken Makurou (mine)

*sips slurrpy*

so, more P4koma yes?

till next *Salute-waves* Sayounara!

-Ikasury
Patcheresu chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
They are the only things holding back the final bosses from killing anyone instantly are that. They are DEAD not K. . But because Tartarus and The Midnight Channel are places heavily associated with the brink of death and souls, due to some logic Atlus still doesn't want to try and work out, you can be revived.

Minato:His death triggers a Deadman Switch that causes Nyx to come early.

Souji:He's "hope" in Izanami's trials of humanity. So if hope dies, then all hope is lost. Just like when Namatame, "Despair", is defeated, everyone gets happier and the options to complete and start a new social link open.
MaesLawliet chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
The amount of times things like this have happened to me...

The annoying thing is that most of the time only the MC dies while the rest of my party are perfectly fine :/

Anyway, I really liked this because I can really relate to it :D
superecho chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
Gee, you're absolutely corect!

In terms of game Over condition, Persona 3-4 really, REALLY BAD.

I totally have experiences like you did!

While in P3, I'm on a streak on Leveling Up a whole LOT, when this shadow luckily surprise me, cast Mamudoon, and my MC dead.

Yeah, he's the only one get hit! Dammit.

The same thing happens for Persona 4, when this Knight Boss (Yukiko's castle), get a critical on Shoji, then attack Shoji AGAIN with a single-target physical skill, and he's dead. X(

Compared to the awesome Persona 1 and 2, this is totally sucks.

What's those Recarms and Samrecarm for if not really to revive the MC! Urghhhh. an extra handicap by gameplay mechanic...

I don't really like it. It's better if the Bossess are all have insane attack strength, but have to kill the entire party to get the players a Game Over. Am I right?

In P1 and P2, whether Naoya or Tatsuya, or Maya get K. (for me, most likely because Zombie's lucky Kamikaze Attack), everything's fine! :D I hope for the Persona 5 is like that.

There are many flaws to P3 and P4 gameplay compared to P1 and P2.

I might even send you some when I remembers.

Keep at it! And make it more funny! XD
Astrih Konnash chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Liked the short fic, will help you with some info:

Souji Seta is the main character's name in the P4 manga adaptation (as is Minato Arisato for P3 manga version)

Been playing Digital Devil Saga lately - when Serph (the main character) falls down (sometimes he just revert to human shape with 1 hp!) the battle just goes on till it ends.. After battle hes back with 1 hp.

And yes, getting KO'ed during a battle sucks.. ;
typecastwriter45 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Because that's the way it's been since the first SMT games on the NES. Not saying it's valid. It's tradition I guess.
Xoraan chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Heh, I can totally understand that.