Reviews for In Earnest
Pale Treasures chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I loved this. It was truly touching and sweet, and maybe all the better because it was so subtle. You're the best House writer I've ever come across.
Limaccia chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
So evocative.

My favorite bit: "The assumption is that he stares at her breasts, licking his lips, but it's her neck and the dip of her collarbone that accelerates him."
schrodingers cat 13 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
This is very powerful. You have a way with words.
Jackie chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I love this. They don't need a dialogue with the way you write. You have such a way with words!
All-I-need chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Oh my god, this is beautiful!

And THANK YOU! Not only did you write Hameron (which is the reason I read it) but you also included the two words that are most important right now: "cerebral cortex". Thats the title of my NaNoWriMo-Novel this year, so I almost jumped up and down with joy just now. *grin*

Thanks for ending this on a hopefull note, I really love the story. It so...calm and quiet. And I really really like that. They dont need words to communicate because they already know. Thats great.

Isi )
wintersmith chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Oh,nice - a counterpoint to the last fic; one from Cam's P.O.V. and one from House's. & more chemistry in a vignette like this than we're seeing on-screen between House & Cuddy. They had more sparks when they were simply sparring boss and employee.
ILoveHLaurie chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
A beautiful drabble written so wonderfully :) i do love your writing :') x
AllyCameron chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
It still makes me a bit angry that they never come up with the robo!sex scene in No Reason afterwards, it was such an important emotional scene! Glad you use it :-)
an-ocean-in-the-sky chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I'm so glad you're posting these stories here. This one is one of my favorites. The quietness between them is gorgeous and the imagery you paint with your words. You are so so talented, my friend.
thymefortea chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Wow. This ficlet was so delicate, your writing exquisite and flowing. I love the somewhat abstract nature of your descriptions - you do not allow us envision the scene by using obvious, clear descriptors. Rather, you use thoughtful, poetic metaphors to let us feel the heavy intimacy and quiet emotion. It is sexual but sensual in a beautifully vague way.

I love this: "If she would place a fingertip on his lower lip, stand close enough for him to watch for her lids to lift and the intimate look to pass between them, he could live."

And this: "noticing the buds of her breasts, nothing he'd ever profane with a term like fun-bags." The word "profane" indicates a reverence that House feels toward her; that she is too precious for his crude moniker.