Reviews for Awaken, Empress
I.D.Gr chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I love the way you can capture the characters personality and emotions so well on your stories. This one is no exception. I love the ending with the fans and, as usual, great writing style!
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Wow. This was REALLY good. :)
Aberdeen.Weasley chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
nicely written. haha, I bet those people regretted laughing at kyoshi
Lily of the Valli chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
There is no much Kyoshi-centric fics. You captured her personality well, I think. This's how her story could look like. In some way she remainds me of Toph, the same stubborness, the same love for fight.
Rickashay chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
(Shivers) Spectacular. I love the first paragraph. :)
Kaleeena chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Wow. I really liked this. I wish we'd seen more of Kyoshi in the series...she seemed like a pretty cool woman. I like how you've portrayed her here. :)
Static Lull chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I don't often read Kyoshi, but I'll admit this surprised me.

Your writing is simple (in that short and sweet and too the point kind of way) and I think it fits Kyoshi very nicely. Plus, I love that you chose to write about how strange she must have seemed to others (I mean, girl was a beast).

And even though I was skeptical at first, I really enjoyed this. :)
Aussie-Muggle chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Nicely done. Kyoshi does strike me as someone who'd be a social outcast... or at least the massive girl on the playground who beats up bullies with a hand behind her back. There aren't enough stories that explore her story... and she's the most badass character in the entire series. (Toph’s metal bending you say? Meh... Kyoshi mastered tectonic plate bending.)
May Eve chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Beautifully, beautifully, beautifully done!
Scarletty chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
That was wonderful. I liked Kyoshi's relationship with her father, it was really sweet.

"The other girls hide their giggles behind their hands, while the boys roll their eyes. The townsfolk snort and snigger.

But years later, that same fan and its sister are both in her hands as she faces Chin the would-be Conqueror.

They aren't laughing then"

That was a great little ending. It was very powerful.
CyclonePsycho chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I can't possibly be the only one who shouted "Oh snap!" after that last line. The line is just incredible.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2