Reviews for Core Girls
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I like the description of each character here; however, aren't Kaylee and Zoe from the Rim? Kaylee lived on a backmoon planet and since Zoe and Mal fought for the Independence, it sorta makes you assume they're not from the Core. But then Zoe was born in the Black, which is neither.

Nit-picking aside, it was still a good read. :)
Ali chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Sweet!
Wilsett chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Loved it.
Malinara chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I love Mal's reflecting on the girls especially inara never get enough of those two xD
jane0904 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Very nice indeed. I like Mal reflecting on his women, and finding it amusing that Jayne was falling for River. Of course, if he ever showed it ... well, that could be different.

Most of all, the feeling that comes from this fic is warmth, and family. I feel cossetted. Thank you.
Agent Rouka chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I wanted to like this going in, because I thought it would maybe focus on cultural differences, but the repeated reference to "breeding" honestly creeped me out a little. A couple of generations would not be enough to create notable physical differences between anyone on the Rim and in the Core, and essentially every single person on the Rim would be a Core descendent anyway, so there is really not basis for any differences (like wide hips or such). And I found it weird that Zoe and Kaylee needed to have a Core background to justify the fact that they are attractive women. There's something really strange about emphasizing genetic heritage as a source of all their good qualities. Especially because it puts all Rim women in the spot of being less attractive, and really just... less. It doesn't seem to jive with Mal's sense of equality, so this seems deeply OOC.
goddessofbirth chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Very nice! Your title made me laugh, simply because I couldn't help but add '...gone wild.' I always enjoy your stories very much!