Reviews for Majora's Mask
OH MEH DIN! this has to be my favorite so far! I love the person who voices link keep up the good work!
a huge Zelda fan and I love these novels and I just have to ask, are you gana do the windwaker timeline? If you do I'd be soooo happy I tried but...I don't Wana tell you how that ended.
doctorwho29 chapter 62 . 3/26
Ok...that was...dark. You really put the "Fierce" in Fierce Deity
doctorwho29 chapter 61 . 3/16
Shade is certainly a confusing character. I was not at all expecting her lack of face. She seems helpful, but that may not last.
doctorwho29 chapter 60 . 3/16
Your interest in world building is inspiring. I'd like to attempt to dive into characters and history in this manner if I ever get around to my own Zelda stories. I'm a bit intrigued by this war between the Ikkanites (lol) and the Garro. The King thought he was justified in uniting Termina, but conquerors usually talk or think that way. I'll just have to see if more answers are presented.

Oh, and I smiled when Link already knew the Song. It's one of the least logical parts of the game, Link shouldn't have to learn the Song of Storms. It's always nice to be free of what I call "video game logic."
doctorwho29 chapter 59 . 3/16
Yep. The Canyon is living up to its reputation so far. Nice work including the invisible man...whether he's really there or not lol.
doctorwho29 chapter 58 . 3/16
Ok, Sakkon is a truly horrible person. I guess I knew that though. I'm pretty sure I remember well enough to know that he's the one with the mask right now. Anyway, on to Ikana Canyon. This should be fun
doctorwho29 chapter 57 . 3/15
That was really cool. Dark and depressing but also well done. There's more that could be told...like exactly how he wormed his way into the King's Court. However, we have every necessary detail, and it was quite a ride. I'm not even criticizing; you had a lot of story to tell quickly and a little mystery is fun.

Also, I forgot to mention it last time, but that wall...wow. I always thought the Mask Salesman made those drawings while forming his plans or something. A magic wall that shows how your world will end...I wonder how such a thing would even come to be. Well, even in the original game, Termina could be a messed-up place lol
doctorwho29 chapter 56 . 3/15
I'm surprised his father lasted that long. When the rapid aging started, I thought, he had moments, maybe an hour. This might be even more painful for the Mask Salesman. Man, I'd forgotten all about the old man who stumbled out of the doors and died. I remembered as soon as I reached that point of this chapter. This is good stuff.
doctorwho29 chapter 55 . 3/15
sigh...I knew he'd take his revenge in the end. I didn't know it would be that graphic, but I knew it was coming. This business of him guiding the war in his favor is interesting. The Mask Salesman has come a long way and it's not a good path.
doctorwho29 chapter 54 . 3/15
Very clever. So many elements from the game...like that tree from the ending...being used in an interesting way. I wonder why the Song of Healing would require such a price but then again...it is a very powerful, very unusual song. Man...the Mask Salesman was a real idiot here but at the same time it's understandable how one might reach this point.

On a lighter note, Maria/the Grey Witch made me think of the Wicked Witch of the West...insanely old and with only one eye lol
doctorwho29 chapter 53 . 3/7
You are already right about the higher rating...well maybe, this is a dark story overall. Not a bad thing, just a fact. So clever to make him a young actor. I guess it's only natural but still, nicely handled, especially with the foreshadowing of the "dark hero."
doctorwho29 chapter 52 . 3/5
I'm not too surprised by the name. That theory has been around for a long time, and I'm interested to see what you do with it. I was really hoping the Mask Salesman would live, I honestly was. I knew when I saw the title Swan Song, but I still hoped.
doctorwho29 chapter 51 . 3/5
That was a roller coaster of a chapter. Zora Link with a sword, that was great. The Mask Salesman dying like this...it's not Link's fault he was shot, not in my mind. He left the pirate alive, and she made her free choices afterward.
doctorwho29 chapter 50 . 3/3
Well...the Mask Salesman continues to be full of surprises. It doesn't justify anything he did, not fully, but he did think he could stop a calamity and it sounds like he planned to resurrect those he killed. Not a good man necessarily but...an interesting one. I'm looking forward to learning more about him. Oh, and I still think your "elemental gems in a special bow" is a great way to have the magical arrows.
1,214 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »