Reviews for Majora's Mask
cantthinkofaname chapter 50 . 10/4
Loved it! I kinda expected the salesman to save link.
And... was the shard of wood... supposed to be a monsters Inc reference? xD
Qwertypip chapter 20 . 10/3
Rock type moves are super effective against Fire, Ice, AND Flying types! Skull kid used Rock throw! Quadruple damage! Koume fainted!
Bryan Dacote chapter 81 . 9/7
Whew... FINALLY finished reading this story! Took me over a month at least! (maybe 2 months, I wasn't counting)

First off I didn't actually read this story traditionally. I converted it all into an audiobook format using fanfictiondownloader and balabolka and let me tell you: most fanfictions and novels I have converted into audiobooks are GENERALLY 4 to 6 hours long that I have read. Shortest one I listened to was 30 minutes. But this story took me about 5 tries to convert because of the length. I laugh at the amount of hours due to the irony and you will too. This story is about 72 hours long (taking out the author's notes and replies to readers about 71)

Despite how long this was and how long it took me to read it (a 6 hour story takes me a week since I listen to it off and on) I never really felt like it took me so long since even when I was up on the Ikana arc I could look back to the Woodfall arc and feel like it was yesterday when it was about a month prior.
This story always kept my attention which I was surprised at considering I know the game like the back of my hand and beat it about 2 dozen times. I loved the amount of originality in this story and the twists on the plot. I actually had to remind myself at times "this is a novelization of the game so Link IS going to beat Majora's Mask in the end" because there were times when I thought they were really going to fail like on the Snowhead cycle when Link was trying to save Tatl from the Skull Kid and Mask Salesman.

It DID irk me that this story didn't follow the canon Zelda Timeline since MM and WW don't take place on the same timeline but honestly it came to a point where I really didn't give a damn because I was loving the originality to the story and how it was keeping me always guessing.

I really can't express how much I adored this story. Majora's Mask is my all time favorite game (tied with Megaman Legends) and you stayed true to the feelings of the game while going above and beyond where any fanfiction writer ever could with this novelization. The drama and loss had me crying and hurt just as much as Link and Tatl while the humor and happiness that they had me laughing and feeling overjoyed that despite all the crap they went through they still found the light of life.
This is true perfection that no writer - fanfiction or published author could ever hope to emulate.

But I do have to say; I was so royally pissed and saddened that Darmani's Goron Mask was crushed (even though the Deku and Mikau masks ended up having similar fates) from such a stupid trap! I was wanting to scream NOOOOOOOO! when that happened! lol
Thanks for making me cry even more at that part since the Goron form was my favorite :P

There is ONE loose end that didn't get wrapped up at all. That was the part where Darmani had talked about the soaring one. I know it was Kaebora Geobora like it was in the game but what purpose did Majora's Mask have to taking him over and why did Kaebora's involvement in helping Darmani never get explained? I imagine that Kaebora foresaw Link's arrival and discovered Link was the only one who could help Darmani and told him beforehand.
Charu chapter 5 . 8/31
Alright, it's been a long while, but I decided I wanted to read this again.

Man... going back to the beginning chapters is an experience alright. I'm going to enjoy this second read through.
nobodyreallyimportant chapter 81 . 8/31
I have no words, aside from I think you ruined the game for me. It's definetly not going to be able to stand up to this.
Great story but few problems First The presence of the Hero who went back and forth in time generated a fork in history, dividing Hyrule's chronology. The Child
Link Timeline is the timeline that follows Link after being sent back to his original time following the defeat of Ganondorf by the Hero of Time. He warned
Princess Zelda and the King of Hyrule of the tragic future that awaited the kingdom involving Ganondorf if nothing was to be done. This turn of events created
the timeline containing Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Four Swords Adventures.

Second The Hero's Shade, is an undead specter who appears in Twilight Princess and teaches swordsmanship to Link. He is the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time
and Majora's Mask, filled with regrets from being unable to pass on the "lessons of his life to those who came after him" after he was sent back in time to his
childhood. He also lamented that fact that he was not remembered as a hero. In order to ease his regrets and finally pass on his knowledge, he teaches the
seven Hidden Skills to his descendant, the Link of Twilight Princess.

Third The Great Flood that befell the land of Hyrule many generations after the end of Ocarina of Time in the Adult Timeline.

Fourth In A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask can be seen hanging in Link's House, which later becomes Ravio's Shop. It is unknown if the mask is the genuine
article, as it is unclear how and when Majora's Mask would have been found in the Downfall Timeline. The mask cannot be considered strong as it appears like
it was defeated.

Fifth What about the other mask's? Other than that fantastic story.
Litwick723 chapter 8 . 7/24
Oh, thank god! Seems that the Song of Healing did more than heal the Deku inside the mask.

Huh. They never did officially name that Deku, did they?
Litwick723 chapter 7 . 7/24
Oh, my god. Link's gonna die at the end of the story? His injuries never healed... He's gonna die?!
Litwick723 chapter 3 . 7/24
Ooh! Time paradox! I like it!

Ugh, this is going to give me a headache with all the time anomalies.
Litwick723 chapter 2 . 7/24
I get it. Because Link doesn't have a tongue, he can't really pronounce his words correctly, huh?
animegirl336 chapter 81 . 6/24
This is amazing! I enjoyed every minute I spent reading it! This is my all-time favorite game, and your interpretation of it was awesome! Your writing is magical! I have a few questions though:

1. Was the owl Kaporea Gaborea?

2. Would you (sometime in the future) make a prequel (OoT)? Or a sequel (WW)?

I adore your writing, so anything you do would be spectacular!
M-A-F-R-A chapter 81 . 6/12
So I finally make an account... mostly just to post a review about this. This is the story that got me interested in fanfiction. This is the story that showed me fanfiction isn't just stupid smut hidden in the bowels of the internet. If you dig, and you care about the fandom... you can find gems like these.
Where do I start with this story? Technically speaking, it was a little rough at the start, but you patched that up about halfway through. Your writing style simply just went up and up, and you did well writing the fight scenes, something many writers struggle with. You neatly tied off loose ends, while still leaving enough questions to the reader's imagination.
In regards to Plot... a bit dramatic at times, but heck, I love drama. Each story arc tied into the overreaching plot, whether to develop characters or to introduce an important plot detail. This I was happy to see, because you never got sidetracked; you always had things you talked about be relevant to the story (Though I think the Bean Seller was a little bit of a throwaway gag). The plot made logical sense in a lot of ways, giving reality to "Nintendo Logic". You stayed within the original themes of Majora's Mask and even expanded upon them as your original goal stated.
The Characters were always believable and interesting. From Link being a war veteran (In a way) having lost practically everything, to the Shadows like Skull Kid's and Anju's personalities having interesting character qualities. Each character had something interesting about them, and most had a reason why. This shows the real spirit of Majora's Mask, particularly Anju. You get to know the people of Termina through the cycles, and through that form an emotional attachment to them. To be perfectly honest... it was amazing.
Ok, this is getting a little long, so I'll wrap it up. This story is amazing. It's a story about my favorite game, so I'm naturally going to crush any disgraces form my memory. But this... this is a story that doesn't just feel like an extension of Majora's Mask, it feels like a whole new tale... I am of the opinion that this deserved to be a freaking novel. Take for example, the theme of MM saying "You can't save everyone"... At the end, when the cycles merge (I think that's what happened, but it is up to interpretation) everything could've been absolutely fine... but Link couldn't save everyone. He couldn't save Kotake or Mikau, couldn't save Maria/Beldum/Shade or one of the monkey's brothers... It's amazing how you still kept to that theme despite your brillaint new ideas. Bravo. Just... Bravo. This is my favorite fanfiction... no, it's one of my favorite stories ever; even better than the original MM.
That Guy chapter 1 . 6/11
I've decided to take it upon myself to reread this masterpiece. Wish me luck
Mastersword126 chapter 81 . 5/21
I don't really know where to start with this review, since I have so much to say. I guess I'll thank you. I've been reading this fanfic since just before Christmas, I think. I've spent hours reading. Tried at least a chapter per day, sometimes I couldn't resist more, sometimes I couldn't find the time and hated myself for it. Because, truly, this story has had such a large impact on me. Link, in a weird way, reminds me of myself, minus the adventurer part, of course. The whole tragic backstory of losing people, struggling to come to terms with that, losing more people. Always trying to help people. And the depression. From where I'm looking at it, it's almost as if Majora (The mask, not the salesman) was a metaphor for Links depression. And the fact that I could see a lot of similarities between myself and Link mad the story feel more real. And, to me, it was pretty real. It was a part of my life, for 5 months. If I had a bad day, I could look forward to lying in my bed, with my earphones in, reading more. I enjoyed it so much, that I'd find myself lying in bed at 7:30PM and reading until midnight. It was truly captivating. The way the story was written was just... Perfect. I can't think of another word to describe it. It constantly kept me guessing. With most stories, if something bad happens, I can think "Oh, it'll work out in the end". I realised that I couldn't do that with this story, when the first Tatl died. I thought that the song of time would save her. I thought that she'd regain her memories after Link played the song of time a second time. But no. She genuinely died. I realised then, that the Hero of Time might not actually end up victorious. In those final chapters, I was sure it'd end with Majora winning. Through the majority of the story, what actually happened was worse than what I predicted. "The black robed man is going to kidnap Link" he fairy-naps Tatl. The end there, is a prime example. Dark Link approaching Clock Town. "He's going to join in the fight with Link" Instead he burns down the Tree of Light. It always kept me guessing, and I never seemed to be guessing right. Except when Link saved Tatl. There was only a brief moment of doubt when I actually thought "He won't be able to do it". Now, putting the story aside (Which I don't think I'll actually do. I'll probably end up re-reading this.), I want to compliment your writing style. I've never read a so thought out, planned, well written story in my life. I've never enjoyed anything I've read as much as I enjoyed this. And I doubt I ever will. This was literally perfection, and it brought so much more to Majora's Mask. Every time I play the Song of Time now, I feel so guilty. Even though I know it doesn't kill anyone. Everything you wrote, every plot point, the way and order they were presented in, it was all perfect. A god of writing stories couldn't best you, here. Because this fanfic is THE best. Nothing else comes close. No piece of literature, no other story, nothing. The story emotionally impacted me. At some points it motivated me to get over my depression. The ending made me cry. It was just the part where Tatl was upset that broke me, how she didn't want to be left by Link. Again, this sort of linked to my real life. Tatl reminded me of my ex-girlfriend (Whom I still love, but she cheated on me). And that made the story even more real. Link and Tatl's relationship was amazing (By relationship, I mean friends. I can't really see them as lovers). Link and Tatl's relationship reminded me of me and my Ex's relationship, just without the love. And when Tatl was alone, it hurt me. That might sound weird, but take it as a compliment. Your writing effected me emotionally. I suppose I should wrap this up now, since the length would match the story, if I kept rambling. I just want to say, if you DO become an author (Which I know you could do so easily), whenever you release a book, I want alerting instantly. So that I can buy it. Because your writing style is phenomenal. I think all that's left to say, is thankyou. Thankyou so much for writing this. This story was so important to me. And I just want to thank you for writing it. So yeah, thankyou.

- Mastersword126
Stonekipsta chapter 81 . 5/20
What a beautiful novel my friend. The ending chapters have really touched my feelings. Wonderfully done. Something I will think about for a long time to come.
1,096 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »