Reviews for The Hunt
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2015
Why does it say Female shephard in the title/premise yet it is about male shephard?
xXserialkillerXx chapter 7 . 3/31/2012
Fantastic fic. Really a shame you did not give even a tiny scene of reunion. Also i think its under appreciated because of the fact the second character mentioned is Jacob. I have nothing against him, and hes really great in your fic, but people have a knee-jerk reaction when there here about him.

Hope you will write some more, you been absent for some time it seems.
Alia92 chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
Lol love that Spectre:) she soo cute. Haha Shepard being a smartass with her, nice dialog going on, real clever:p
bluemarlin chapter 6 . 3/14/2011
just found this story. Excellent writing. Enjoyed the interactions between Miranda, Jacob and Garrus. Please continue to write.
Elyvern chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Damn, this is real good, fongiel. Bravo! I love the way you slip all the in-jokes and references so well, and your fantastic details about strike missions and drop operations. Makes it all the more realistic. Guess what? No, Miranda was NOT OOC at all, and you justified her lapses of judgement real well. Really love this fic, gonna save it on my harddisk.
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 7 . 10/29/2010
Thank you so much for this! It was so much more than I was expecting from my little prompt. I'm thrilled to see such a great story that utilizes Jacob to his full potential. Well done!
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
Such a stroke of brilliance with Ihla. I love the three-way fight between her, Jacob, and Garrus. And I'm very glad they didn't kill her.
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 4 . 10/29/2010
I like the parallel here with Jacob and Liara. I get the sense that she feels about Shepard the way Jacob feels about Miranda. It's subtle and nicely done.
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 3 . 10/29/2010
Oh, man. You worked in the prize line. That is awesome.

I love Jacob's feelings toward Miranda, that his jealousy stems from the fact that Shepard has managed to break through her facade in a way he never did. Part of what intrigues me about Jacob and Miranda both is that disconnect between what's on their surface and what's beneath. You've done a great job with that.

Enjoying your Garrus, too. And I had a similar thought recently about using that camera in the armory to communicate with Liara, so I'm very interested to see where that goes.
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 2 . 10/29/2010
In this chapter, you've given me exactly the Jacob I was hoping for. You've really done a wonderful job with him, and I love that he and Miranda function as an experienced team, which is exactly how it should be. (I love the idea of the comics being retconned, too. That's hilarious.)
Made Nightwing chapter 7 . 10/27/2010
One of the things that I don't like is character bashing. All the characters in Mass Effect are incredibly well written. Even Saren and the Illusive Man weren't cut and dried villains. Nevertheless, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've read a fanfic that has Jacob in it but has not had him hated on in some way or another. This is the first fanfic I've read that has actually done a decent job with Jacob's character. Loved the bit where he was fighting on Garrus's instructions. And the heavy risk but the prize quote was priceless. I'd love a sequel.
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
(This is siujerkjai from LJ, the person who requested this.)

It might take me a day or two to find the free time to read the whole thing, but I wanted you to know that I've read the prologue and I'm very excited to read the rest. I'm also a big fan of Miranda, so I love that you included that romance. There are several aspects of this Shepard that I'm intrigued by as well-that he's disturbed not by the casualties so far but by the casualties to come, the regret that he feels for killing the C-Sec officers, the fallibility that led him into the trap. It can be hard to get Shepard into trouble because he/she is so much the hero, but I think you made it very believable.

Thanks so much!
Inverness chapter 7 . 10/27/2010
Great story! I loved how you included Garrus's old "sparring partner" like that. _ I would have liked to see the Council's reaction to their failure though. P