Reviews for Facilitating Change
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 4/7/2012
"You finally showed him your tits, didn't you?

-Yes, and that turned out to work, too.

*sticks head into refrigerator* Lovely, lovely scene there. I can foresee lots of making up in bed. Heh.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 4/7/2012
Clearly, he was an idiot.

-Well, yes. Fortunately Minerva finally pulled her weight for once and convinced Hermione to come back.

Worked rather nicely for both of them, didn't it?
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/7/2012
Ah, the wonderfulness of cash flow...a lot of companies have died that way; it sounds like Hermione is sailing fairly close to the line. However, Molly will keep them fed.

And I'm glad Ms. Amundsen was caught. Once the other employees realized that her sterling worked would get them all sacked, I suspect they would have dealt with her themselves.

I think Hermione's ploy with Reginald backfired.

But Snape has a point about honor. He really does still have some, even if nobody believes him. And Hermione is only 19 or 20. There are a few things he'd like to not be guilty of.

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 4/7/2012
Yes, Snape is still trying to protect Hermione from being assaulted for simply being too close to him. I hope that Hermione develops some very *special* canaries for people like that. He clearly has feelings for her, and hates it that he can't be around her all the time to protect her.

I do love how she organizes his life, though. She could give lessons to Percy Weasley.

Speaking of which, I am glad that Snape is treated well at the Burrow. And I absolutely adore the clock.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/7/2012
I love the bit with the cuckoo clock. And I'm glad that Hermione isn't being cast into Outer Darkness by her friends over her association with Snape.

But it is sad that Hermione now has Snape-cooties, and is treated accordingly by the public.

I very much like how she's beginning to feel that in for a penny, in for a pound, and I hope the kiss turns out really, really well.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 4/6/2012
I intended those potions to be used to help alleviate some of the damage I did with the choices I made in my life."

"Yes, and I see that's worked out so well for you.

-I think they both ought to go to Australia and set up a weight loss clinic next to that nice dental practice, myself. But renegotiating the patents sounds like a wonderful idea.

As for being vindictive, just ask Marietta Edgecombe.

Say, are there any Slytherins left in the WW, or have they all been kicked out except for Snape? Just asking.

But the private potions practice sounds like a winner to me.

Even with the dead plants.

(I keep thinking that it would be nice if any member of the Trio felt any guilt about leaving Snape for dead, but I suppose that will have to be another story someday).

And of course, since the WW has miffed off Hermione, things are going to happen now. I think both she and Snape are done with trying to win over the WW by doing good.

Say, isn't this how Dark Lords get their start?
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 4/6/2012
Ah, now Hermione is learning what it's like to be close to Snape; she's gotten Snape cooties and is being smeared with them. No doubt people will claim that he had her under the Imperius and was feeding her answers all along.

But she does have friends who will take her out and get her drunk and tattooed. Snape knows better than to think he really has any. And after this, he'll probably recommend to her that she publicly denounce him. After all, she has a future in the Wizarding World, and he does not.

Besides, his one experience with a Gryffindor who didn't spit on him was Lily, and she realized that if she wanted a future, it had better not include him, either. He won't expect much.

And of course Ginny and Bill had a good laugh at seeing Snape hurt.

Remind me again why Snape is still there?

Oh, right, in case the Trio need rescuing again.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/6/2012
Minerva had always been unstinting in both her pride and her praise.

-Oh? I must have missed it. Oh, wait, she did heap it on both Harry and Hermione (Ron, not so much). Any other students who gained her favorable notice? Can't remember.

And of course Minerva will get all the accolades for Hermione's glory, and Snape all the boos and hisses.

Remind me again why he's bothered to stay in that country?

But of course. So he could rescue Hermione (and probably Harry and Ron if they ever need it). And get more Howlers for it.

Minerva ought to be a bit nicer to him; Snape might someday realize after being away from the lemon drops long enough that he is actually worth being treated nicely.

Granted, it would be hard for him, since he's never had the experience (save just recently from Hermione).

But nobody will ever go to bat for _him_. They never do.

And it's a pity that Hermione considered her parents as Helpless Muggles, and treated them accordingly, without any regard to their own free will. But I suppose it's a common mistake in the Wizarding World.

That being said, I can just see Hermione going into a Hideous Tizzy and pouting at not nuking one of the categories. At least she has the sense to be grateful, at least for now.
Dimac99 chapter 13 . 4/6/2012
I really love Hermione's slow take-over of Wizarding Britain, especially as it's Snape's name on everything so she's really the power behind the throne lol. Things went all Serious and Dark near the end but you handled it sensitively and thankfully I didn't need to break out the hankies. One teeny, tiny mistake though was the 30-day coin - AA, or indeed any Anonymous org here in the UK, doesn't have them. They seem to be an American thing, afaik. But it's not really a big deal, 99 out of a hundred people won't know that, Brits included.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 4/5/2012
"How… disappointing." His words dripped with disdain. "And one of your favored cubs, to boot."

-Yes. Minerva was always a bit laissez-faire even while she claimed to care more for students than Snape did (ask Ginny Weasley about _that_).

And I am not terribly surprised that the Trio have been put on the shelf by those they saved. The Ministry is _always_ so grateful to be saved, isn't it? Kingsley, by now, is part of the system and the Trio will have to wait a century to get their chance, if indeed they ever do.

(but of course the Malfoys will eventually end up in their normal position of power and prestige while Snape is forgotten. Rowling said so).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I expect that many of Snape's patents were actually developed during his tenure at Hogwarts; but I also expect that he was not allowed to publish, or didn't feel like it, especially if his discoveries had wartime implications (though I bet Poppy has been using the healing ones for years).

And why doesn't Hermione just write Minerva McGonagall and ask to sit her NEWTs anyway? It's not like she doesn't have time to study, and you know Minerva would arrange it.

Very good start.
girlblue chapter 13 . 3/13/2012
Hmm, this took quite an unexpected turn. I'm glad you dealt with his drinking. It's funny, I think since he is such a dark, brooding character, many writers like to make him a drinker without really thinking about the reality of that addiction. I really like how your stories deal with the realities of things like that- it really makes them very genuine. Everybody is a work in progress, and there is no real finite happily ever after- it's always evolving. Great job! I loved this!
BellaTallin chapter 13 . 3/13/2012
Lovely story, spot on wit and a deliciously wicked plot. Well done!
BellaTallin chapter 10 . 3/13/2012
*fans face* indeed. :-)
girlblue chapter 8 . 3/13/2012
Oh my gosh this is amazing! It is so funny and warm and yet it doesn't completely ignore the darker side of Snape and Hermione's personalities. What a lovely fic! Also, I'm not sure if the reference to Obscurus books, that website which houses many a well-written Hermione/Snape fiction, was intentional, but it made me giggle! Many moments in this have made me giggle so far- you have a gift for humor! Another winner, which I look forward to finishing later!
786 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »