Reviews for Stars
Forbidden Blck Roses chapter 1 . 5/3/2016
yes omg I almost your story
morte206 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I am in tears here, lost in memory.

Memories filled with highs and lows, the agony and ecstasy of loving and losing her, my best friend. the compass to my true north because we didn't understand and we couldn't talk.

Thank you for sharing.
OrangeSmurfette chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This was amazing and so sad at the same time. I cried at the end... this should be continued to show their 10 year high school reunion or something.

I couldn't even be mad at Rosalie for what she di to Leah because in a way it was understandable, but that doesn't change the fact the way their friendship ended up was really heart breaking.

This was really really good.
TwistedNeiviv chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
I cried. :(
FellowsheepOfThePeen chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Nauticalmass recommended your story on our site, :

“One thing I learned quickly about Rosalie Hale was when she claimed you, you were hers for keeps.”

Rosalie and Leah may seem like an odd pairing, but fngrdust (a partnership between Lightstardusting and fngrcufs) has woven one of the most intimate and poignant one-shots I’ve come across. Don’t let the femme pairing scare you away from this gem. Stars is first a story about friendship and second a story about the fluidity of love.

Stars briefly opens in 1998 on a playground, when an eight-year-old Leah meets Rosalie, who—in a no-nonsense, blue sparkly nail polish-wearing, kiss-offering way—instantly declares them best friends.

We next see the girls at the age of thirteen. By this time, they are inseparable. Rosalie is growing into the fiercely loyal and confident woman we know from canon, and Leah may be unsure of herself but is quick to open her heart. We are afforded a picture of the young woman Leah could have been in canon had she never encountered the stuff of myths.

Rosalie and Leah’s relationship with each other is easy and natural, and it’s a reminder of how when we’re young, we love our friends with our whole hearts.

Rosalie’s breath fanned my face. “Remember when I kissed you goodbye on the playground?”

As though I could ever forget. My life would have been a very different, very difficult one without our meeting, without her proclamation of our best friend status. Again, I didn’t say anything, just a low murmur indicating that I was listening.

“I bet you kiss better than Mike Newton.”

My eyes still closed, I frowned. “What a compliment, considering you compared him to something dead with scales.” Still my insides buzzed at her words, at the mere suggestion of our lips touching. Rosalie had always been a physical being: holding hands long after it was okay to, hugging hello and goodbye, spooning together while we watched movies. Of course, there were assholes in school that made comments but as always, Rose didn’t care. So neither did I. “Why don’t you try and see,” I offered up, my eyes still closed, my voice teetered between a taunt and a dare. I couldn’t believe the words had come from my mouth. Usually I only thought things like that.

The leg where my head was resting shifted and I felt the bed move beneath me. I didn’t dare open my eyes because I didn’t want her to see embarrassment there. I lay on her bed, disappointed at the loss, but not surprised. That was a stup-

Lips.

Lips on lips.

Her lips on my lips.

The next time we see the girls, they are on the cusp of their tomorrows. Things are getting serious between Rosalie and fellow high school senior Emmett, and Leah is preparing to go to Yale in the fall.

For a long time, the girls have been dancing around who they are and who they could be.

I knew it was going to happen before it happened. It wasn’t just me wanting it this time, or wondering what if. I didn’t know why or what it meant, but I knew it was going to happen. Rose was going to kiss me. Not like the day she met me, when it was just a small child’s way of showing affection to someone she loved. Not like the time we were thirteen, when it was ‘just to see’. Not even like earlier that night, when it was playful and her trying to get her way. Rose was going to kiss me like she meant it. And she did.

“Do you think about me, Leah? Do you think about doing this together? Because, I know it’s wrong and I know I’m not supposed to, but I do and it’s not with just any girl. It’s only with you. You’re special. We’re special.” And we were.

This is a story about both the building and the testing of a friendship—about what happens when feelings are allowed to show and what happens the morning after . . . and then after that.

Stars is no stranger to angst, but it isn’t the overwhelming, “irrevocable” angst of so many fics; it is the teenage stomach-clenching worry of when you think your best friend is angry with you.

Maybe no one would ever be able to have Rose, to hold her. She was so much life in one person, maybe she couldn’t be contained. Maybe that’s why she had barely spoken to me since that night. That stupid night, that wonderful, disastrous, amazing, awful, perfect, horrible, everything night.

You’re so present in Leah’s narration; it’s as if she’s holding your hand as she guides you through her story. The emotion and depth some authors can only convey in thirty chapters, fngrdust manages in just the one.

After reading Stars, my heart aches remembering the—sometimes—pain of first love. It aches for the girl who loved too much and questioned too much and, in the end, had too many fears. It also rests easy knowing that an ending doesn’t have to be perfectly happy in order to be perfect.
Sydimcia chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
This deserves more reviews
boringEvelyn chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
That was so sad... But awesome :)
TwLiGhTeD-sLaSh chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This was really heartfelt. I usually don't read a lot of femmeslash but this one was simply wonderful. Well written and emotional. I really enjoyed this:-)
Nauticalmass chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I'm so glad this was rec'ed by McGee42. This brought back so many memories of high school that it was a little painful times. Good job.
Buggsydee chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Oh my god! I adore this little fic!

It's great!

I like the way it has been left open, so I'm hoping you guys will carry on with it.

This is defiantly one of my favourite one-shots!

I want to read an out-take for every character :D, you made each of the characters that believable! I wanna see more emmett, see more back story to Edward, even more seth!

And your Rose is the best! She's kinda cute.

Seriously hope this becomes more... there's just so much potential for more angst and more drama!

Ahh loved it.
Here's Where the Story Ends chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Yeah, I'm reviewing from my account because LSD gets the alerts and I never get tired of finding ways to tell her how I love her.

So it would be horribly gratuitous to comment on the story, no? Yes. But I can comment on the experience of writing this with mm. It was simply... amazing. I loved finding out their story as we went and filling in the little details.

My ladder is always there for you 3
HoochieMomma chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
am in LOVE. This oneshot is perfection. It killed me dead. There's generally a point in a fic, if I'm enjoying it, where I start formulating my review and mentally noting the parts that touched me or that I liked for some reason or another. With this one? Not possible. It was heartwrenchingly, achingly perfect from start to finish.

Thank you both for writing, you gorgeous, gorgeous women.

Beautiful!
auror.dep chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Dear authors,

thank you. It was the best reading of the week.

It's early in the morning, Sunday, spring & rain. & maybe it's just my stupid mood but I strongly relate to this story. No tears because my story is just unfolding (I haven't reached 'the Hill with Edward Cullen') but it still stings.

I believe in this ending. I'm happy for Leah going away for better. & in the end it feels so true.

Thank you again. I feel like I'm in debt for this great story, like I owe you bouquet of flowers or bottle of wine because when story triggers so much I wish I could give smth back.

Your great words from last autumn spread chills in me during hot spring (29 degrees of Celcius around here).

Take care. Good luck with your writing. That line in mail became absolutely superb story. I still feel interesting 'aftertaste'. Thank you very much.
shoefreak37 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Aw, this was just exceptionally sweet. Sad and poignant and all that. Perfectly captured teenage angst. Who doesn't remember being confronted with some sort of truth as a teen, getting freaked out, and then just ignoring it? I'm just glad that Leah broke down and talked to Rose, even if it was last minute.

Now, I'm awful at reviews, but I'm pretty good at gushing. I love love love loved this story! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.
Asimo chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
it is a great and awesome story! Cool pairing. But it was a VERY long one-shot. It would have been easier to read if it would have been three chapters (for ex). But I really liked it! :-)
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »