Reviews for This Perpetual Engine of Grief
bitsygirl chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Very powerful. She fakes her orgasm in an effort to fool the guy AND herself. There's a lot of Brennan-angst out there at the moment, but I like the tinge of anger here, and I really enjoy how the brevity of the piece speaks to her determination to compartmentalize. She's not going to dwell on this, dammit. Well done!
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
good shot. doesn't sound much like she's moving on though. look forward to more from you soon
DBCrazy chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
It's definitely in the realm of possibility. The shame of it is that it's probably not so different than what she had before, just that now it is so different.
allthatisevil chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
It breaks my heart. In a good way. I can't imagine a scene better than yours for Brennan's attempt to move on.
Stella chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I'm glad to see you writing again! This is so perfect and lovely and sad. It would be a very Brennan-like thing to do, no?
SkylaraK chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Great piece. You were really able to capture little snippets of what's going on with Brennan, in a very minimalist way. Minimalist, while still being evocative. It's amazing how you can create such vivid images and feelings in so few words. Very nice work. I think this is also totally in character for Brennan, another big plus.
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Ouch, but so Brennan. Brava!
notmagnificent chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Wow. First off, the poem is stunning. I am always craving new poetry :) Secondly, the piece is also stunning. It feels very much like something Brennan would do. 3
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Hi there,

He was not Booth...And I can not help but feel sad that 'her moving on' is just so typical Bones...'one night stands' and 'resolving biological urges'...only in this case she was not resolving anything, only trying to fool herself that things were going to be different...

Very well written and very sad...

Ger
Alicat76 chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
It certainly could happen but if it does I think it's just one more step in the right direction! It makes me sad reading about how sad she is and how hard she is fighting to let Booth go. But I'm convinced it'll all end up happily in the end... it keeps me going :) x