Reviews for Exile
SNESCT122 chapter 20 . 3/17
I was so confused about what programming language that was and felt really bad lmao
overtaken by C. yeah that is a difficult one, Draco
SomebodyLost chapter 47 . 3/16
That was really nice. I'm glad indeed that Draco survived and grew up.

Hopefully we'll see a sequel someday. Thanks for writing!
Ecgk chapter 2 . 3/15
Oh no! I don't get the last sentence! It sounds deep though. :
transitracer chapter 47 . 3/15
Fantastic. Easily one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read. Frankly if it wasn't a fan work it would make an outstanding novel.

Thank you for the time you spent writing this, because it's enriched my life, truly.
Liz chapter 47 . 2/3
Thank you for a glorious story! Much needed distraction and delightful characterization. Really loved the escape.
Exile Fan chapter 1 . 1/17
Its 5 years now since you finished this and I loved the story. Where are you? Any chance of a sequel?
Luthien'sLight chapter 8 . 12/26/2021
Rarely, if ever, am I interested in a Draco-centric story of any kind. This, however, has caught my attention and I'm sucked in. I'm excited to continue reading this!
modjodjodjo90 chapter 47 . 9/27/2021
I loved the story. There aren't many stories that delve into what life is like for Draco after the canonical ending, and the few I've read feature him doing such a heel face turn that he's made out to be some tragic figure that had a heart of gold all along.

I really liked that the story doesn't shy away from the messed up stuff he did, and said, and witnessed while he was a part of what amounts to a violent hate group that was allowed to run amok.

I found his reflections on past events, and his slow realisation of what he'd done and been a part of very believable. This story doesn't try to sugarcoat his actions, as messed up as they were in canon or try to sweep them under a rug with a 'But I had to!'.

His self doubt and irrational bouts of anger are consistent with what we see as a character in the original books, and it was fascinating to read about how a character like his would evolves as he questions his beliefs, to what he is in the story.

I also like that the story is character driven. Though we only see his interactions with people from his own mystified perspective, it's clear they've got their own things going on, and aren't just plot devices to kick him into the next part of the story.

Draco's limited perspective, and his reticence to show he has no idea of what the other person is saying is very effective at putting the reader in his shoes. That said, I'm really curious to see if you will ever reveal the other characters perspective on events, like an onake, or a sidestory. What exactly Narcissa thinks is going on when her son vanishes, or what conclusions the Librarians or Jory reach with the limited clues he drops would be entertaining to read.

I hope you do write a continuation, I'd love to read more about how he muddles his way through building a career and a relationship.
Ollie chapter 6 . 9/6/2021
It fells really weird admitting this, but i kinda relate to draco in this fic, because forced marriages are the standard in my family
dep61 chapter 47 . 6/27/2021
One of the finest stories I’ve ever read.
kline.zachary chapter 47 . 5/16/2021
I don't usually read nearly 200K words in more or less one sitting, but that's what I did here. This story was delightful, and it appealed to my love of the slice of life more than I expected. Draco was never my favorite character, but bennybear has done a great job making himsympathetic and endearing. I only wish the story had continued, as I hoped to see his further adventures.
planesinthesky chapter 47 . 5/13/2021
I wasn't expecting for this to be an enjoyable read, but I kept seeing this post as one of the better HP fics out there so I decided to give it a go.
So, the premise itself—Draco without magic—i wasn't a *huge* fan of, but the writing itself, and Draco works through his problems, both the obvious ones and the idealogical...it was good fun to read. Nice!
royalcatniss chapter 47 . 4/5/2021
I also found this story via Reddit and I am absolutely grateful for having the chance to read this. Draco’s story was surprisingly inspirational and his determined struggles to navigate the muggle world and absorb as much knowledge as possible were wonderfully carried out.
mekareami chapter 47 . 3/11/2021
This is a great story. I am so happy I followed a reddit link to it. Very much looking forward to reading the sequel. Thanks very much for writing
Pokybyte chapter 47 . 3/4/2021
This was a great story and I’m looking forward to seeing what else is on your profile. I dearly hope Draco’s life and sense of self-worth improves!