Reviews for Exile
RainingAgain chapter 47 . 2/27
Just re read and enjoyed all over again. How Draco copes with all things muggle and his PTSD is so very well written I feel like I know him! i really really hope you write a follow up to this.
Suburato Nanami chapter 1 . 12/12/2019
Lucius. His middle name is Lucius.
WindsAcrossThePlains chapter 47 . 12/8/2019
My heart is so, so soft. Draco's gradual familiarity and comfort with the Muggle world, and his struggle to learn what he's never been allowed to think about, are so relatable. You have a brilliant knack for transforming everyday human interactions into a compelling story, and I applaud you.
TBestIG chapter 47 . 10/16/2019
This was a truly incredible fic, and I’m so glad that I chose to read it all the way through. It’s so good in so many ways and it all comes together beautifully
le gin chapter 47 . 7/22/2019
please tell me there is a sequel to this one... pleaseeeeeeeeee
Guest chapter 47 . 6/30/2019
This story absolutely blew me away. Your characterization of Draco is a bit different from canon, but not unreasonable by any means - this is probably one of the best Draco's I've ever read. The cowardice, jealousy, and underserving anger that mark Draco's character were all present - and yet the way you redeem him makes it so easy to feel sympathy and pity. As other reviewers have said, there were points at which Draco's growth seemed to go in infinite circles. But at last, in the end, with that very last line, he breaks free of the unrelenting self-pity and confusion. He finally understands. The ending is certainly a little bittersweet, but it's so very hopeful. A perfect place to end.

This story was engrossing. The OCs were well written (especially Jory). The premise was intriguing, and you've definitely succeeded in keeping readers engaged even without our favourite characters (or, for that matter, without any of the canon characters - I'm in awe of how this grabbed my attention despite Draco/Narcissa being the only HP characters).

The topic of Draco vs The Muggle World was well done. I particularly enjoyed reading about his joy when successfully using the bank machine/telephone, and when taking the GCSEs/A-levels. You did a great job of addressing the differences between the two worlds. Viewing the Muggle World (especially the mudance elements, such as traffic flow and heating/lighting) from the eyes of a pureblood was fascinating.

Draco's self-realization feels cohesive and realistic. His struggles and questions and memories flashes are so honest. He's a person - the sketches, swimming, work at the library - I almost feel like he's an aquaintance now.

Well done. I hope you keep writing, and I'd love to see a sequel someday!
propensity chapter 47 . 5/21/2019
This story was magnificent. Your perspective of the muggle world from the outside (and eventually the inside) through Draco was delightful and engaging. I'm left with many questions, but see that this was a good place to end it, and I appreciate the journey.
addicted2text chapter 47 . 5/15/2019
I really enjoyed watching this version of Draco grow up. I just wish there had. been more. Thanks for sharing it. I look forward to one day seeing a meeting and an apology between this version of Draco and Harry and Hermione. Somehow I just don't see Ron giving him long enough to stammer out the words.
ameun chapter 47 . 5/10/2019
Fantastic story. Draco is usually not a character I want to read more of but you made me want to know more about him. His thoughts on his past deeds. And most importantly I wanted for something good to happen to him. I really love how you wrote Dracos journey in his years without magic. His ignorance of modern life and his unwillingness to learn at first.
I also love how that doesn't just vanish but pops up every now and then when he faces problems. And it's perfect how you put his realisations about the pureblood dogma in. To get his idea out of muggle science and then forming a theory out of it.
I would absolutely love to read about his time in Twin Mills.
mcepl chapter 47 . 5/1/2019
Thank you very much. This is truly one of its kind story. I mostly dislike all Draco-centric fictions (and Snape-centric ones), because they are usually quite blasé about his own guilt and wrong-doings. This is really good, and it clearly shows how much more work (“It took me six years to write ‘Exile’ …”) is needed to write great story, not only mediocre one. I am not sure whether Draco was in canon as you describe him here (he was the second in everything, but the second means better than anybody else with only one exception), but I am quite certain that this stands a way taller than most of what’s available on the Internet. “Books aren't written - they're rewritten.”
Lala chapter 47 . 4/9/2019
Wow, this is epic story.
Guest chapter 47 . 4/7/2019
I just want to say that I loved this and I have spent the entire day reading it beginning to end. Congratulations on an excellent fic.
Sucker4Xovers chapter 47 . 3/13/2019
Oh my god! Please write the sequel. I love this story! It's so unique and different. I have rarely ever found a Draco centric story that didn't stop him with someone. Again, when I look for muggle elements in stories, they fall short. You combined both so nicely. I hope that you write the sequel to give us another wonderful story. I would love to see more of Draco in the muggle world.
Hugo L chapter 47 . 2/16/2019
Aw, come on... you HAVE TO continue this story. It got me hooked, and now I really can't wait to see where Draco's journey is gonna take him next (though I don't know why you think it needs to be compliant to your next-gen series. It really feels like this saga could follow it's own path, but that's just my opinion).

Really hoping for a sequel someday.
SilverCookieDust chapter 47 . 1/2/2019
This was wonderful. I admit I'd hoped to see more, to witness another scene between Draco and Narcissa-whether reconciliatory or not-but I agree that ending the story where you did was a good choice. It avoids falling into a dodgy happily ever after trope, doesn't try to imply that all Draco's problems (practical and emotional) are solved, but it's definitely hopeful and realistic. I think it's the best way for a story to end.