Reviews for An Alford Plea by Whatsmynomdeplume
rameau chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

I like moments like these that can easily slip into canon, but which also turn everything upside down on its head. A new perspective, an insight. Something so simple that everyone should have seen it, but couldn't have before it was pointed out to them.

There's definitely more between Edward and Rosalie than mere vanity and disdain. There's more than simple love and hate and miscommunication. There's a silent understanding.
BoydBlog chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I really enjoyed this, so magnificently canon, and to be honest - the ONLY way I want to envision Edward and Rosalie ever getting off due to eachother...Great Job!
mostly a lurker chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Very different and unusual writing style. There was so much here I really liked. Very intricate and detailed. Much like Rose's game, well played! Good luck in the contest, and I look forward to discovering the writer behind this Alford Plea ;-)
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
This was gorgeous. Brilliantly done and it totally happened. TOTALLY.

"Rosalie is doubly pleased that not only does this little game she plays cause Edward discomfort, but it also gets him out of the room."

I love her.

It came full circle. You did a lovely job of telling this story.

Thank you for writing and best of luck! xoxoxo
Edwalie chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Very nice :)
Hev99 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Awesome! I love this! Nice to see a canon story in here too. Your writing style is beautiful and really draws the reader in.

This line 'He came. She saw. She conquered.' absolutely cracked me up. Just brilliant! Great job and good luck :)
Kat SaaLe chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Thanks for this story, and the other ones you wrote along with this one... i love it... Edward actually deserve that for beign such a know it all and arrogant, acting like he is better than the other ones just because he can read their mind... wonder if he would be the same without his power... but still love him specially when he is with our dear Rose!
Domysticated chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
Beautiful, elegant story, and writing so good it gave me chills.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Good luck in the contest
soobliette chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I am blown away. This was an awesome character study and fits in very well with canon.

My favorite quotes were:

"By the power of his gift, he is privy to everyone's secrets but he has never had to give up any of his own. He rests on that knowledge, smug and safe behind his ability."

"Rosalie's beauty is not her only strength at play in this game. She is tenacious, almost to a fault, yet it renders her a patience so innate she doesn't recognize she has it. She also understands intricacies—she has always been good at catching little details, even if she misses their larger consequences."

Also, I LOVE the use of an Alford Plea to describe the events that are described in the story. Nice job!