Reviews for Mistakes
Adrian68st chapter 25 . 12/22/2023
Such a wonderful story! I finally had a chance to read it, since you posted the last chapter.
I liked very much the way you wrote Alistair's story from his evolving perspective - the perspective of a Fereldan young boy growing up to became a teenager and then a young adult. And you made these perspective different, accurate and detailed. The boy Alistair noticed different things from his surroundings compared to teenager Alistair, and reacted differently.
I also loved the way Alistair influenced those around him, altering the events significantly. And these changes were easy to follow thanks to the very accurate and detailed characters (Maric, Loghain, Teagan, Cousland ...) all consistent with the game/books depictions.

I totally agree with you about Maric's strange decision to abandon Alistair to his fate. It was most likely a bad choice from Bioware, "needed" for that short surprise moment on the bridge near Redcliffe (... Maric is my father...). But it doesn't make any sense. Not just by humane viewpoint, but also from a practical / dinastic one. Alistair was "the spare" (using Sebastian's term).
The Ferelden politics presented in your story are exquisite. Plots, counterplots, alliances complemented the main story and added a lot of depth while being accurate to the BW setting for Ferelden.

My main problem with DAO (aside some plot/character bad decisions) was the campaign against the darkspawn. It was practically used as a plot device instead of the main event. The initial gathering of the horde in the Kocari Wilds was logical - using a low populated area to deploy on the surface - but then the horde strangely went in hiding, conveniently reappearing at the exact moment the Warden was ready. All this while the Archdeamon had many Deep Road entrances scattered all over Ferelden.

Thank you very much for your story, and for all your effort writing it! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for new chapters.
Judy chapter 25 . 12/19/2023
Excellent!
Kanta48 chapter 25 . 12/17/2023
Wonderful to see you back. Great story, love the depth of your characters. You have done a great job of not only developing them but keeping them true to the game. They are just bigger and better. Hope to see more.
KnightOfHolyLight chapter 25 . 12/13/2023
Welcome back. I was honestly worried and thought for long time that this story was dead and never to be finished. I really am glad to see it alive again. Need to go back read many old chapters since can't remember all of this. Still at least Alistair and Loghain are united on war front and Ferelden likely will be united and there is no civil war with Rendon Howe gone as well soon.

You do very good picture of Alistair of his pain, doubts and fears. And also of course that he knows what situation really is. Loghain and Bryce teaching showing up there well along with Marics.

And now wardens returns. I honestly don't remember which origin was the Warden here. Another reason to go back and reread some chapters.

Wonderful to see you again and I hope that update soon.
SqueezyStan chapter 24 . 10/27/2020
I wish this story was complete. The characters are beautiful and you still remained true to Alistair despite the AU you've built throughout the story.

Your writing is stunning. I hope someday you'll be able to finish this, because I would definitely love to read more.
Gothamlightwing chapter 24 . 6/11/2020
It's sad that this wasn't finished, but like others have said before me, this is truly an "Alistair" story and I loved every bit of it! Alistair really is one of the central characters in Dragon Age (if the Warden didn't exist). Seeing him grow into a fair monarch, into someone who, whn he hears about Connor being a mage, thinks about the politics behind it instead of the people and events, was such a RIDE. With that, you were able to maintain Alistair's adorkable attitude and characterisitics while making him into a more hardened political figure. It would've been fun to read how he did as a king especially during the Blight and how things will happen/change, but regardless, i absolutely LOVE this story. Thank you so much for your effort!
Gothamlightwing chapter 23 . 6/11/2020
Omg Cailan you dunbass. I really liked the way you framed his reason for going to Ostagar though. It was stupid of him, but not unreasonable. Alistair really doesn't realized how he's loved by all and favored by many (namely Loghain), while Cailan, although he is the king and heir to Maric, is just THERE with his own failures. I feel great sympathy for Cailan because it isn't his fault that Maric wasn't a great father in his childhood. Cailan also has to deal with a wife who can't produce offspring and nobles who look at him like a fool, because of his own mistakes. I feel bad for Cailan and really wish he hadn't perished at Ostagar. Alistair is one lucky SOB and I'm glad that Cailan didn't resent his brother out of jealousy.
Gothamlightwing chapter 21 . 6/11/2020
THE FEELS 3 So proud of them! So proud of Lya!
Gothamlightwing chapter 16 . 6/10/2020
Oh wow i can't express enough how great this all is. Alistair learning how to be a proper noble is a RIDE. In this AU, I don't worry about Darkspawn, but abiut what seeibg his ex will do to Alistair! It's so funny and painful at the same time. I LOVE IT!
Gothamlightwing chapter 10 . 6/10/2020
HAHAHAHAH It's Zevran! I adore how in-character their meeting was! It's very in-character for Alistair to stare and for Zev to take it as something else. I wouldn't imagine Zev giving up that easy though, but to be fair, it's best to be deferential to a prince... ;)
Gothamlightwing chapter 5 . 6/10/2020
AWWW That's so cute! And poor Alistair over Teagan HAHAHAH
Paul Lenzen chapter 24 . 6/29/2019
Okay this is so damn interesting please update soon
The Jingo chapter 24 . 5/4/2019
This is great
Guest chapter 13 . 3/26/2019
Ohhhhhh! Oh I'm so glad Duncan said yes!
Guest chapter 10 . 3/26/2019
Oooh! Love me some Zevran. Poor awkward Alistair.