Reviews for Mirror With Its Own Reflection
Kura chapter 11 . 12/30/2011
It has been exactly one year since you updated this fan fic. :( Are you never going to update again? I really liked this one.
Me chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
Is there going to be another chapter? Please!
Bast666 chapter 11 . 3/20/2011
Dx omg omg omg omg! you need to update . ! ...
Social Safari chapter 11 . 1/14/2011
AHHH! Where are you going with this! And why are there no other chapters beyond 11! You are killing me grimdreamer. Remember what I said to you about plot? Forget it.

This was awesome. Great tension, great lead in. I did not see the hug between Mei and Daisuke coming, nor did I expect Kaoru to open the door. And I certainly didn't expect Kaoru to kiss her! Why don't these kids stay in one place? Why do they keep running away all the time? I am just asking this rhetorically, because you obviously have them acting like typical teenagers.
Social Safari chapter 10 . 1/14/2011
I am going to review this chapter fast so I can get to the next one! I can't wait!

I really liked that you showed Kaoru and Hikaru together. The back-and-forth about the burger was true to form for them. I guess we haven't seen them interact all that much in this story, so this was a good change of pace.
Social Safari chapter 9 . 1/14/2011
EEK! I'm squealing like a little girl! Great cliffhanger! Who is that guy? Guess I have to keep reading.

And aww, the confession scene. Poor Mei. She gets exasperated pretty quickly, no? And poor Kaoru. But I can totally see it going down this way for two teenagers who are still figuring out who they are.

Nice intro of the goth-lolita culture in Japan. They do take it to the extreme over there, from what I can tell.
Social Safari chapter 8 . 1/14/2011
Another good chapter! I like that you show Mei has ambitions of her own. I also liked that you used this chapter to contrast how different she is with Hikaru than she is with Kaoru. Nice use of action here with the whole opening the door sequence, which felt like it could've been right out of the anime.
Social Safari chapter 7 . 1/13/2011
I really liked this chapter. It's great to see Mei and Kaoru together and the plot really moved forward with this one. Nice dramatic action at the end with the fall, the injury and Mei leaving the room to gather her thoughts. Very in character.

Just one thing: If Kaoru's injuries are so bad that Mei wants to faint and they have to pick glass out of his arm, I think Haruhi's reaction might be stronger. "That's concerning" seems mild, given the circumstances.

I loved the whole "power cut" exchange. It shows the cultural divide between them. We see that a lot with Haruhi and the other Host Club members, but you're good at showing how Mei would react. She's a lot more outspoken than Haruhi.
Lady Maeror chapter 11 . 1/9/2011
I love it! Oh god it's so awesome. I'm so happy that you have so many reviews for it too Definately a favourite now. Please update soon! :)

- Mae.
Annika the Merciful chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Well done. I like the start of the story. As a first chapter it is a great introductory the main story overall. You did a great job of keeping the characters in "character" as we've seen them in the anime and manga. I also enjoyed seeing Kaoru's and Hikaru's father. I rather wished he had played a more important role in the series but that is irrelevant. I have enjoyed this chapter, I will be curious to see where you take it from here.

Annika
Social Safari chapter 6 . 1/4/2011
I really loved this chapter! Again, it felt cinematic. I could visualize Mei getting into the limo with her skirt tamped down, the bustle of the shopping area, etc. And the ramen scene with her wiping the concealer off Kaoru's face was great. This chapter was good at showing the contrast of how Mei treats the twins differently.
Social Safari chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
This is a great chapter. Kaoru stream of consciousness is both poignant and funny. I love the exchange between him and Kyouya. Classic. And of course I love Mei and all of her awesomeness. I love that she goes toe-to-toe with the Hitachiins and refuses to be intimidated.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/3/2011
There is so much to love about this chapter. It feels cinematic. Your descriptions are so good, I visually see Mei flying down the stairs, her eavesdropping on them, her horror at her cell ringing at the most inopportune time, her dumbfounded reaction to the menu choices and then requesting hamburger, etc. Again, the dialogue is great.

It was sort of weird to me that she'd decide to stay for lunch after feeling humiliated by the twins. Given her strong personality, I don't think she'd just take it like that, especially since Hikaru was being particularly mean. I feel she'd stomp out and never talk to them again.

Kaoru and Mei have such a lovely interaction at the end of the scene. I like how well you differentiate the way she behaves toward each twin. Again, your characterizations are spot on. And it's nice seeing Mei's compassionate side. Apparently Hikaru brings out the shrew in her!
Social Safari chapter 3 . 1/2/2011
I love, love, love your Mei! She is so feisty and in character with manga. The line, "I'm Japanese, you moron, of course I'm gonna take my shoes off," made me laugh. I love how you incorporated Japanese culture into your story without making it a big deal, and then you actually worked it into their interactions, e.g. the scene I just mentioned and then later when Mei hits Kaoru with the slipper.

Ok, so you already know I think your character descriptions, dialogue and descriptions are great. I feel like I'm going to say that every chapter. It's no different here.

Here's what didn't make sense to me: why was Mei hanging out with Hikaru in the first place? It was a thought that kept niggling me as I read this chapter. I mean, they're not good friends and the only person they have in common is Haruhi. Once I got over that, I liked the rest of the chapter and how it unfolded.
Social Safari chapter 2 . 1/2/2011
In terms of description, character and dialogue, this was a good chapter overall. I feel like you must know a set of twins or are a twin yourself because you so accurately describe Kaoru's thoughts about being so well.

I really loved the second paragraph and especially this sentence: "And his nose, if Kaoru was not mistaken, seemed to be more delicate than Hikaru's, like his was a copy of the original nose, carved too many times by the sculptor who kept changing their mind on how the nose should really look, before hastily returning it to its original design." I actually have siblings who are identical twins and that's exactly how I am able to tell them apart. There are always subtle differences. (Hope I am making sense.)

The transition from Kaoru's musing to the surprise breakfast was a little jarring to me. I had to reread that moment a few times before I understood what was happening. Maybe that was your intention because it was a surprise party? While I was reading the party section, I kept feeling like I didn't understand what was supposed to be happening in this scene. Shouldn't Kaoru stop brooding now that he knows Hikaru arranged this awesome surprise for him? Why is he still morose? Is he jet-lagged?

Anyway, that's the quibble I had with this chapter. Overall, you are a beautiful writer.