Reviews for Solaris
Pinnatus chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Why doesn't this have more reviews! This is one of the best story/series I have read for this fandom. The setting is described beautifully and I love how you involve the healers.

Sidenote about Astrid's dragon- We now know the name is Stormfly which in retrospect makes sense since that was the name of Camacazi's dragon...
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
I know.

A bit territorial about the name aren't they?

Me, her (The Dragon) name is Sky Blossum.

Feel free to use.

Nice chapter

LFTM

Ja ne

Jim
Primi-tan chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Nice to know that Astrid's doing her part to heal Hiccup~ Poor girl must be working pretty hard to keep him afloat.

XD You DO get worse before you get better; my current flu speaks for itself.

On to the next part!

*Salutes*
Gumdrop Boo - Ch4rms chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
This is an informative little scene. Of course you pour into the details and unknowingly educate those not learned in alchemy/herbs on the process. This whole scene focused on that and while it was a joy to pour over, it really didn't move along the story. We are at the end where were at in the beginning, except maybe Hiccup has a new medicine to take. Unless you were aiming for a scene only in which case the story doesn't need to be 'moved along'.

Though there were points and pieces so delicately worded such as "loosing Astrid in her complex list of sages and thymes" [which I think you meant to write 'losing'?] It has an air of poetry to the flow of your words.

Also I like the snippets of fourth dimensional detail such as the healer is one of the last and is being stretched thin, Astrid is recognizing dragons are more useful than they would of thought, and the setting descriptions.

P.S. - I really like how you don't name Astrid's dragon either. I never once named it and when I do read stories with it having it being called a name, for some reason it throws me off...I don't know why, but I think naming it just distracts from the scene it is in.

Good job.
HotChocolate in Summer chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
O.O Must...Read. More.

Magic Cat: But it's a school night.

Me: Don't care, I have sugar.

Percy: Gods she's crazy. I don't even think Mr. D could fix her.

Me: I'm not Crazy! TACOS!

Magic Cat: She's been crazy a LOOOOOOOooooooong time.

Me: E-vile pink penguins are trying to rule the Earth!
Star chapter 2 . 11/4/2010
Post it already i'm getting anxious now lol
a reader chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
This story is REALLY good. please continue it all the way. there are too few stories about the aftermath of the battle before hiccup wakes up for you not to finish.

please please please continue!
blank00001 chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
KEEP GOING KEEP GOING PLEASE! We need to see Hiccup get better, and Astrid and Toothless happy again! i will review 100 different ways under numerous aliases if thats what it takes!

i also really like how you have Astrid and her Nadder...bonding for lack of a better way to put it. oh...and are you going to give the Nadder a name?

Sequel STRONGLY encouraged! its all wonderful!
Hiccupxastrid lover chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Please continue the series- you are a fantastic writer! I can't wait for the next one! You do a good job of conveying astride emotions and I can't wait for hiccup to wake up!
OwlCityCitizen chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I like the detail you put within the story and the information as well. It really makes it come to life and you can feel the urgency and worry for Poor Hiccup and Astrid's determination to make him better along side Rota.

I really hope that you continue this series, even if it's short.

Well the saying does go "Less is more" and you've really got me wanting more.

So I look forward to more well written short stories like this one for your Horizon series.

If you continue it. If you do not I can understand.

I'll just be sadden that it ended so soon.
ALF chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Wonderful writing! you are amazing! I have wondered what happens between the time they defeat the Red Death and when Hiccup wakes up, and you have described it beautifully. Awesome work! please please please write more!
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
True true, people in the middle ages were idiots lol But I wouldn't exactly word it that way... :) And very nice! I like your description and how you describe like everything with detail and a type of poetic flair to it... lol I don't know how to word it exactly but I hope you get what I mean...? :D Well, its a compliment, you can tell that much lol
Valor Grim chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Ok. That was pretty amazing. It takes a lot of knowledge to write something like this. (more than I currently possess) And I applaud you for it. You have an amazing writing style and I would love to see more of it. Good job on trying to keep with the times and keeping everyone in character. I can't wait to see the next one and then some more!