Reviews for Meaning of Life Stuff
What a beautiful tribute to an amazing character!
narellew68 chapter 1 . 3/14/2015
Beautiful ... just beautiful.

Thankyou xo
Mrs. Pollifax chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Beautifully done.
Evie Delacourt chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
What a lovely tribute story! You handle the emotions with a very deft touch, giving a powerful (and convincing) portrayal of grief without descending into trite sentimentality. Very nicely done.
Soleya chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Thanks for this. I always thought the couple of sentences they afforded him on the show were so terribly inadequate.
Zeki Young chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Beautiful story - a fitting tribute.
AkamaiMom chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Simply lovely. Thank you!
Lt.Col.SamO'Neill chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Phenominal story! I adored "Hammond from Texas" as Bra'tac (spelling?) used to call him. What a great tribute to him! So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I hope all is well otherwise. Take care and looking forward to reading more in the future!

Michelle
jabeye chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
This was lovely. Thank you.
Megwolf13 chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
I like it; it's sad (kind of reminds me of my Grandpa's death), but I like it/love it. We all need some stories like this, cause otherwise we wouldn't know how to deal with the bad stuff.

Long live the SGC

Long live "Hammond of Texas"
Majikthize chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Hugs Pol. This is awesome. Thank you.

Although I feel the need to point out that Jack didn't so much drive that ball to Alaris as slice it badly off to the side. I can't play golf for toffee and I could do better. ;)

I'm touched by the tribute middle name (very much so). And yes, there's plenty of memory dredging just after the loss of a loved one. We've done a LOT of that the past few days and, gratefully, found there to be lots of happy memories to chose from. Much laughter which makes the sad moments just that bit easier to bear.

But this line: "I need for this to not be true. For it to be a dream. A terrible nightmare." is me, right now. It's hell right now but we will be alright. Because we have to be.

Much love and gratitude to you. Thank you for this wonderful tribute.
kathyhol chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
You are such a wonderful storyteller. I always look for your name and have reread several that you have written. This story brought tears to my eyes and if I wasn't at work they would have made their way down my face. The part with Sam and Walter was so moving and the stories Sam and Jack were telling is exactly what you do when someone close to you passes. I don't know who the Charles that passed was although it sounds like he worked at Gateworld? My sympathies with your loss and my extreme gratitude for the time you spend on your writing and your generousity in sharing it with the rest of us. Thank you. Kathy
sg-1fanintn chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Dear Pol,

This is one of the many reasons I love you, my friend I have never met! Lovely story by big-hearted you.
wildpeace chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
This is beautiful, and sad, and (even though I knew neither), I'm sure it is a fitting tribute to both men you hope to honour. And I think that's all I have to say about that.
Lutherian chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
A very fitting tribute. I loved it. It's almost making me cry.