Reviews for Sophie's Story
Alexandra chapter 1 . 2/28
I really loved this. I'm playing a Hooverville-ite in my school's play and am glad to see that we weren't completely forgotten.
showtunediva chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
This is a wonderful story. I just saw Annie a few weeks ago and I always wondered what happened to tje people in Hooverville. Nicely written! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Aww, nice!
alarmclock chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I am also in my towns prodution of Annie, and i am in the Hooverville cene with sophie as a motherly figure. This was a great story!
Hatter of Madness chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Last night was the last showing of my school's rendition of Annie. We, too, had a female apple seller, but instead of replacing "Al" with "Alice", we called her "Allison". Anyway, were the names that you mentioned cast member names or did you just make them up? It was just a little ironic for me since there was an Anthony in my play in Hooverville and my own name is Madison (I was also wondering since Madison didn't really become a common name until the 90s, and Annie takes place in the 30s). Still, I like the idea of Sophie being expecting when this was taking place (but imagining my cast, I couldn't see it happening, lol). I also wish you could have shown what it was like after they got their new life in the new apartments and whatnot, but I think it was also nicely ended. Sorry I'm reading this so late, but it was a very nicely done story.

- Hatter of Madness
Gizzygirl chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Good job! I really liked how you chose a character that we don't get to see to much in the musical itself!
Juliet Lovett chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Awesome! I'm audition for a role in Annie in a week so I looked up Annie Fanfics. This is good, I always liked Sophie and it's interesting to hear more of her story.
Awkward Turtle 123 chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
You were Sophie too? Awesome!
Terra Young chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Great job!
niknakks chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
interesting pov. :D i jus saw Annie at my school's play so i figured that i shud go search for it.. but since this iss my first Annie fic i think u jus set the bar rly high ;)
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I think you have some really good ideas here (and I also am a "character-author"). The song? Turn it into either dialouge, a memory that correlates to it or an internal monologue. Unfortunately, people don't really sing out loud in real life, particularly those who are ragged and hungry.

I liked the personalities you gave you characters (especially since I also just finished a production of Annie)! But I felt the ending was maybe a bit too optimistic. And them knowing what happened to Annie from reading the newspapers...not only would any newspapers they'd have be old and probably hard to read from all the garbage, but I don't think anyone of them knew her name. She was just a redhead kid with a dog.

I'd love to see this improved (although your writing is excellent already)!