Reviews for By Your Side
Lemony Sickness chapter 15 . 8/20
I don't comment often because I basically read from my phone (too lazy), but this story is the best story I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Ever.
Meme-chan chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Rofl. Duo is so effing adorable! I so love him!
Shinigami Kiyomi chapter 15 . 8/21/2013
Wow it was very interesting with the way you showed most of the story from doggy-duo's pov, the mannerisms, thoughts, body movements, sight, smell... its was intriguing and...cute? :3
Cute ending too _
I learnt a lot of doggy stuff i didnt know about before :) lol i've wondered what being a doggy would be like - i guess this answers my question!
I really do love the emotional coaster you have in your fics
Zauberlehrling chapter 15 . 3/22/2013
Hi,
i like it! Duo as dog XD indeed a genius idea.
Really well described and beautifully written.
Thanks ;O)
mg
Zauberlehrling
color2413 chapter 15 . 6/4/2012
This was a virtuoso performance. Take an extremely unlikely premise and not only sell it but drag your audience through an emotional roller coaster gotta-read-one-more-chapter trip. This is an OVA script waiting to happen. Excellent work!
vbn45 chapter 15 . 4/7/2012
Very good story! loved it
BladeMaxwell-GoddessofDeath chapter 15 . 3/27/2012
Great story

I really enjoyed it

It was a great adventure

Kudos

Blade
Laptop Newbie chapter 15 . 3/2/2012
Rough end but Duo's dog days were written flawlessly. Your research was certainly sufficient, first time I have read a fic with animal transformation done so nicely. All the discoveries Duo slowly finds out about his doggy self (furriness, colorblindness, sharpened senses for good or bad) Loved how you avoided the showing the reader how he looked immediately, since that happens in the majority of fics that take a turn like this. The eventual loss of the human mind that made him kill Kelas seemed to be come too suddenly. Other than that, the plot was fed steadily without giving the relief until a dog dozen chapters or so. Not much bore in between as well.

I find Duo's humor is be contagious in the beginning and middle. The jokes seriously worked, the characters laughter believable. Towards the end, they were reused and explanations too far-fetched. Duo's tongue-sticking and bird flipping became repetitive, predictable and no longer the treat awarded to the reader every now and then. Could have been thought about more thoroughly but I'm glad you finished it. Unsatisfactory (time to read more of your fics!) but closure nonetheless.

Sorry for not reviewing every few chapters. I just kept going at it between busy hours. I enjoyed the idea of this fic, Heero's blushing, those couple of jokes I laughed at silently.
SailorChibi chapter 15 . 11/14/2011
Cute story. A little disjointed at times, but interesting.
S. A. Hunter chapter 15 . 6/3/2011
Excellent story overall, but I think it could use a rewrite to fix up the pacing in the first half. There is an excellent, almost overwhelming amount of detail involved, and when you combine that with mad action throughout, it became a little daunting to read. I would suggest adding some downtime where the readers can catch up with what's going on and poor Duo can get a rest from all of the abuse. But an A story nonetheless!
etheris13 chapter 15 . 5/21/2011
loved this. something that is enjoyable with every read.
ansari chapter 15 . 4/28/2011
Aww, cute. And you managed the whole turned-into-a-dog thing just beautifully, too - cannot stand those horrible parodies of this sort of thing. Especially the ones that were MEANT to be parodies - most of them are terrible enough as it is. THANK YOU FOR SHAKING OFF THE CLICHE.

I should probably mention, in the interest of constructive criticism, that I had no idea what ‘particulates’ meant when it was first used here. I mean, I got the idea as I went along, but it was only a vague assumption based on context; after I finished the whole thing I went and looked it up, and it matched with what I’d guessed, but – well. I usually pride myself on my vocab, and either not knowing a word or being uncertain of its meaning through context doesn’t happen often. (And it took me a second run-through to realise the exact meaning behind its use.) I think the main problem I had was that ‘particulate’ was never subbed for any other word, so I couldn’t get a decent frame of reference – maybe you should look out for that? Repeatedly using a word like that… I don’t know, the ball’s totally yours, and it didn’t detract from the scenes where it was used, it was just a little… odd.

Maybe I’m just being weird.

Your Relena character – or at least the part demonstrated in chapter three – is certainly very different to most versions. And yes, it IS nice having a Relena who’s good for something other than getting kidnapped/flat out getting in the way. It’s also nice to read something that refrains from bashing her; done well this can be amusing, but, since you’ve refrained, we won’t go there.

Something I really, really liked was the interactions between the characters. Maybe it’s odd to be referencing that in a fic where the pivotal character is unable to speak – or even communicate in less conventional ways – for three-quarters of the plot, but I loved it. The other pilots when they don’t know where Duo is or what’s happened, Wufei talking to Trowa and Quatre, Heero’s ‘breakdown’ – I loved it all. So nice to see something with real depth to it.

And the scene where Duo’s waking up after being turned human again?

THANK YOU.

That could have been screwed up SO many different ways, both plot-wise and writing-wise, and I’ll admit I was a little nervous as to how this would go down. I’d been looking forward to it since the second chapter; I’d be devastated if it didn’t go well! But all my fears were laid to rest with Duo’s “Shinigami. You all called me Shinigami. Ha.” You upheld everything done previously in terms of style, and added onto it wonderfully.

Noin as the antagonist? Wow. I seriously didn’t see that coming. However, I do understand her viewpoint, having been going through the anime recently with an increasing sensation of incredulous horror at some of the things Relena says/does. Honestly, I think she did well to hold out so long… and keep the girl alive the whole time…

And the finish, while abrupt, was the finish. It was a good place to stop, all things considered; it tied up the last little plot point and settled the story without having one of those be-all and end-all happily-ever-after things.

All in all, an excellent ride. And, just one more time… thank you for accomplishing this without succumbing to crack or OOC.
beautiful-surreal chapter 15 . 3/24/2011
This was an awesome story. You make them seem real, which I love. It was also nice that you made this the only kind of yaoi I can read with a slight blush rather than turning and gagging. I absolutely fucking hate that guy-on-guy when one of them is dominant and the other the opposite. A guy acting like a girl in a guy-on-guy relationship makes me want to be sick.

My idea of yaoi is more like... 'I'm a guy, you're a guy lets fuck.' That 'conquer me' bullshit makes me want to wretch.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you write it naturally. Good job.

X)

Thanks for letting me let that out mate.

Brill job sweetheart.
DuochanShinigami chapter 15 . 3/10/2011
I just wanted to leave you a quick message and say that I really enjoyed this story. It was very cute and very heartfelt. I love how you portrayed Duo and Heero and their relationship through everything.
Russian Prince Kai Hiwatari chapter 15 . 3/3/2011
Very cute Chapter. 3 I liked it. I like this whole story actually. XD.