Reviews for Sentimental Acts
Hawki chapter 1 . 1/11
-Very nice touch on spelling out the oneshot title through the bolded letters.

-And the story as a whole is very well done. I think you’ve captured Zoe perfectly. She ususally conveys a hard exterior, and I’d say that a lot of that has to do with her being a hard person. Yet after Wash’s death, based on what we see in the movie and what one can expect from a person dealing with such a loss, it’s portrayed excellently. As you put it, sentiment is her enemy, yet she feels it nonetheless. And done in a very pertinent way, how the dinosaurs and shirts serve as reminders of Wash. Speaking from experience, I find that very true to life, how a person’s items can be held onto as a reminder of said person.

So, all in all, excellent job.
thursdayschild7 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I really like the way in which you have defined Zoe as a mourning widow. The sense of her pain is very real.

I also liked the rhythm of your sentences.

Thank you.
Jadzia Bear chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
This is so touching and beautiful, well done. I think what amazes me most is that you've made each line/paragraph flow so well from one to the next in this structure.

You always do such an incredible job of Zoe's POV. It's amazing how you convey her emotional side, yet still keep her in character, the way she experiences sentimental feelings and yet views them as the enemy at the same time.

I love how the "shirts screamed" and the "dinosaurs whispered." I also like the "maybe friend" line. While she and Mal share a strong loyalty that I suppose is a form of friendship on some level, there's no one on board that immediately leaps to mind as someone she is good friends with.

The "clean house" line strikes me as a melancholy inversion of that beautiful scene between Wash and Zoe in your other story Dagger of the Mind.

And the way you included Wash's chair was really well done. I'd never thought about the fact that Zoe and Wash had cuddled in the chair he was killed in.

Beautiful first foray into the poetry genre!