Reviews for All the Wild Horses
beegurl13 chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
This was great! I loved the Edward POV on things. I think it's interesting that his wife was Maria. She's not the one usually used in this kind of situation in fanfic, so I like that you went with someone who wasn't the normal choice. I hope we get to hear more about her and the little boy, and what happened with them. I like that Edward saved Bella's hair band, and I'm hoping that maybe he'll feel the need to return it to her... :D

I love this story, it's wonderful and I can't wait for more. :)
Phonics chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Getting attached to yet another story by your talanted self.
xx-take-me-away-xx chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Love this story already! Can't wait to read more. :)
TwilightMomofTwo chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Well, it was rather interesting to hear from Edward. And boy, that man is in pain. He hasn't really grieved yet, hasn't accepted that his wife and son are dead, hasn't done anything to move past it. He's just numb, going through the motions of life, without actually living it. There are glimpses of the hurting man beneath the stoic exterior, but he's basically shut himself off from the world. The few trusted people he lets in don't get very far.

I especially liked the comparison you used here - him all alone after having lost all his family, watching over a mare about to give birth to a new life. The circle continues and the picture you paint is that while life ends and is born again, his own life is stuck in this rut of pain and grief.

Bella unnerves him. I think he recognizes in her the same kind of grief and pain that he experienced. She has walls around her heart just like he does, and I think he sees that. Like one broken heart recognizing another.

This is going to be a slow burn, I think...and both of them have to heal from their respective losses before they can even contemplate a romantic relationship...but I can also see how the wheels have been set in motion.

What's Charlie's deal with Edward? Why doesn't he like him? Is it only because of being protective of Bella, or is there more to it?

Well done, as always. Will this have a happy ending? There certainly is hope for both of them.

TMoT
doroka2010 chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
They met again. That's life
moniquecullen chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
It was nice to get a look at what's going on in Edward's head, but I'll be glad when these two have a little more interaction.
Sunfeathers chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Such a bittersweet chapter, bb ... my heart breaks for Edward, though I hope he can shake off some of his sadness and make room for someone else in his heart. Sounds like maybe he's starting to do that with Bella?

Thanks so much for writing ~ can't wait for more ... :)
tcrew chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
So much sadness and lonliness surround the both of them.
sherylb chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Edward's backstory is even sadder than we thought. The loss of a spouse is horrible, but to lose his son- just unimaginable pain...
TexasKatherine chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Love the detail you put in the story-the tack table, the birthing stall, etc. It adds so much depth.

Thanks for the update!
Linzk78 chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Poor Edward. I hope Bella can help him heal. I hope we get some more insight into his past.

I love that he is a horse trainer...I have a degree in Animal Science (w/ a specialization in Equine Science)! I don't use it anymore, but I do miss being around horses!

Loving this story, look forward to the next chapter!
momams chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Poor Edward, he is a mess. He hasn't moved on, partly because he can't and partly because he doesn't want to. He feels it would be a dishonor to do so, would it? I don't think so.

Easier said than done, at least until someone else has been coming into the picture. A shy quiet girl with very bad luck.

She left something behind, by accident, no doubt. Edward is keeping it... maybe, just maybe it might help them both.
sml6446 chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Thank you for the update. What is Edward gonna do? Is he going to take it back to her? Or is he going to keep it and begin to pine over her in so weird way? I'm curious about how Maria died. And their son. Did they drown? Was it an accident on the Ranch? And when will Bella and Edward meet again? So many questions. Lol anyway, have a good week.

Stephanie
denise sexton chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
omg that was so awesome i am really wanting them together keep it coming they need each other to move on and i await the next chapter you are a great writer
cryptthing chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
cool story, looking forward to the development of the characters. Am hopeful for a long story

Thanks BB