Reviews for The Long Life of Davros
UnidentifiedFearsomeLifeform chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I loled at Davros' opinion of the mayor! It's always nice to read something about Davros.
doctorwhoolova chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
it would be great if this story continues to be accurate in every way...

but you will need to explain Davros" accident?
rainbows chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
thankyou for a wonderful first chapter of what will be an excellent story
barnicle chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
wow the idea behind this is absolutely great. I was told by someone to read this story because it possess excellence, and they were right.

please continue this story.

it is great that the story is so accurate
pachysam chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Interesting how you made references to I, Davros such as Davros's dad wanting him to be a soldier and his mother believing in him.

What purpose does the mayor have? Was this set after when Davros murdered the Supremo and the Council of Twelve for denying his request for unrestricted access to the Kaled children.

I can't wait to see how you show Davros in the Time-War. And can you explain how Davros can shoot electricity from his eye and hand? He's a scientist, not a magician. I've always wondered how he can do it.
Aietradaea chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Not bad! Nice writing, dialogue works well for Davros, spelling and grammar looks good. :) I'm curious to see how you're going to make this work with Davros's canon history, from "Genesis of the Daleks" especially - or is it an AU?

If it's not an AU (which I assume it won't be, eventually, from your saying you're going to try and make it as accurate as possible) then a continuity concrit I would make is that at this stage in their history, the Daleks (Kaleds at this point, technically) were unaware of the existence of life on other planets outside Skaro, so you might not want to refer to the test subjects as "humans".

And one typo off the top of my head - "keep a straight face".

Anyway, looking good - keep it up! :)
David chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Have you seen the 4th Doctor's Genesis of the Daleks? I am assumung that you are working within the framwork of that story.

I always looked at Davros as a leader in a Nazi like society, while he would talk to the mayor about wanting his 200 subjects to experiment on, he would not care as to how he got them and the mayor would be in too much fear to defy him.

Of course it may be that he has not yet risen to the greatly fearful position that he had reached in Genesis so he would have to negotiate still to get the complicity that he required to get his "materials".

You may want to not refer to "humans" although they all look human like they always referred to themselves as Kaleds or Thals. ie The Kaled Race...etc

All in all their genesis is a still very hazy area, good you can explore it and shed some light on it.