Reviews for Blind Hate
Aelaer chapter 7 . 2/14/2011
Hey StarLight,

An interesting take on a villain and the situation in general. While your take on canon characters does not completely match mine, the story was entertaining and well told, making it a fun little adventure. Well, a fun one for the reader, anyhow.

A comment on your AU note; Eldarion is *not* given a birth date in the Appendices. Elessar dies March 1st, 120, which is 1521 in Shire Reckoning. If Eldarion's birth was listed as FA 43, it would be under 1464 S.R. in the Appendices; there is nothing listed there. Just to make sure I didn't have an outdated version or something, I checked Encyclopedia of Arda and there is no birth date listed there, either- so there is no 'AU'-ness on that part. Elboron, too, has no birth date- indeed, he does not even have a part in LOTR, only in History of Middle-earth- so when it comes to their birth dates, you are in the clear. I'm not sure where you are getting your dates from, but unfortunately your source is wrong. For actual facts, stick with Encyclopedia of Arda or Tuckborough for online resources. If you can, have the book handy. :D

Encyclopedia of Arda does speculate on when Eldarion's birth could have been. They surmise that he was perhaps born around FA 30 because chieftains of the Dunedain often overtook the duties of their fathers around the time they were 90. I, for one, disagree; Gondor has a king for the first time in around 1000 years. What are the people, and the other nobles, going to want? Stability to the ruling line. How do you get stability? Babies. I *do* think that Arwen and Aragorn had a hard time conceiving- both Beren and Luthien and Tuor and Idril had only one child- which could explain a delay as to why there was no baby the next year. It's a topic I plan on delving in in a future fic... that will be published after the fic I'm working on now is published XD

I could go on all day about babies and politics of Gondor and whatnot, but I'll leave you be for now. Cheers.
Minstrel of Gondor chapter 7 . 2/14/2011
wonderful story
cairistiona7 chapter 2 . 2/11/2011
Oh dear... Aragorn's striding off to face a madman, isn't he. I have a feeling things will get much worse before they get better!
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
What a gripping start to the chapter... very chilling, the music and the dogs and then of course the attack itself.

Not even going to try to guess anything; I'll just go along and enjoy the ride.
Ellynn chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Just like Faramir, I can't help but hope that somehow, miraculously, Aragorn's eyes will be healed. I guess I won't stop hoping to the very end.

And I have to say that I am not surprised about Moriel. :D After reading many books of Agatha Christie, I learned to always suspect every character. So, in the beginning, when it became clear that someone from the palace was involved, I thought - you are also suspicious, young lady. :D
babschwi chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Hi, I hardly can believe I almost missed this! Very well written, very angsty, well done! If not for the rec on aragornangst, I would not have known you're writing again. And I love all your other stories so much. Please update soon!
Ellynn chapter 5 . 2/9/2011
You. Did. It.

*shocked*

*blinks and tries to gather herself*

I still can't believe.

And yes - excellent story. Wow. Really. So well written.
iccle fairy chapter 6 . 2/8/2011
excellent!
lindahoyland chapter 6 . 2/7/2011
Oh poor Aragorn! And that the nanny would betray him! I see I guessed right about the toy.

I can only hope that without the music, the dogs will not be so obedient and Faramir and Legolas might survive to rescue Aragorn.
AdminElrohir chapter 6 . 2/7/2011
You MUST update soon! You can't leave us with a cliffy like that!

I was definitely not expecting the daughter to be Moriel..I'm seriously loving this fic. The bad guys are awesome, everyone's in character..Excellent job!
OhShirleyUJest chapter 6 . 2/7/2011
Wow. Did not see the Moriel thing coming. It's like a train, WHAM!

I like it, although I had to go back and reassure myself that Eldarion hadn't asked who she was.

As for the blindness, I have a few suspicions... I'm slightly surprised that Legolas doesn't share them, but it might be because he's under a "little" stress right now.

Thanks for developing the daughter a little more! This is just getting better, isn't it? Sorry, I'm in a silly mood right now. Thanks for writing, you're doing great!
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Oh no, poor Aragorn!How could you really let him be blinded? I love Eldarion's courage here and the loyalty of Faramir and Legolas.
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 2/3/2011
Oh dear, matters are going from bad to worse! A gripping chapter!I eagerly await more.I love the devotion of Aragorn's friends.
OhShirleyUJest chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
You did not lie. Your villains have improved radically since way back when. I approve.

I admit to being a sucker for secondary characters, and so far the daughter is really intriguing. For example, how much does she really know? Her statement left me with the impression that she didn't know the entire story, but she wasn't cluelessly naive either. I like the ambiguity, but a little more character development for her would be nice... that is, assuming she survived Eldarion's get away fire.

This is another great chapter in another great story!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
Ooh, you are cruel to end the chapter in this way!

Hugs,