Reviews for Sex, Communism and Other Subversive Activities
queenboris chapter 12 . 1/1/2012
Legs! Lacrima! Oh how can I thank you for writing ‘Sex, Communism and Other Subversive Activities’. It is brilliant! If I could only read one story my entire life, this would be it. It's like my heaven would be this story, and I would live the story as Remus over and over again. Scratch that, I would be Sirius, because I'd have Remus all to myself forever and ever. (hoorah!)

But in all seriousness, I absolutely adore this story. It is easily my favourite fic ever. The way you describe the characters - their personalities and emotions - it is fantastic. As a reader, it really feels like you are living the story. The character’s feelings and thoughts are definitely felt, but they haven’t been emphasised to the point of being over the top, so they feel very natural and real. By the looks of many other fics, the balance of this is hard to find, and I think you have done a magnificent job. Much like the Harry Potter books themselves, I have read this story over and over again and the detail and storyline is so rich that it feels like a new story every time. My love for this story can not /nearly/ be explained.

Thank you ever so much for writing it. More chapters. MORE I SAY! C:

Much love!

- Kate

P.S - Now I have to read it again. Darn it! Wait. No - Hooray! :D chapter 12 . 12/29/2011
You, my dear, have truly out-gayed yourself. I mean the sheer extent of the gayness... Magnifique.

On another subject, when will your Rose/Scorpius fic happen?

BTW, you get a bit of a shout-out on my new and updated profile.

Hugs :)
anotherbuskitten chapter 12 . 12/11/2011
Noooooo! The chapters have run out! Brilliant, fabulous, wonderful story :)

Now update...please ;)
everyoneisking chapter 12 . 11/20/2011
Oh God it's been so long since this updated and I didn't get to review! My Internet was disconnected for like a week! But I'm reading now!

And its excellent, as per usual! How I have missed your stories! And the quality seriously stays ridiculously high all the time! Even in the middle of your HSC! That is COMMITTMENT! How'd your HSC go, btw? My VCE exams are over, thank christ for that :)

I like the splits you're making in the group between Peter and the rest of them. I don't know how and if you're planning on making Peter betray them like in Potterverse, but you're laying nice seeds for it.

I LOVE the idea of Sirius' erotic sodomy picture! Its just SO him! AND his awesome French accent was amazing :)

Anyway, I've been glued to the computer for hours now catching up on everything so I had better pull myself away :P

Love this story so much, and can't wait for more!
autumnconfusion chapter 12 . 11/16/2011
Just discovered this fiction. It's interesting to say the least. Quite innocent though. But I suppose it being rated as T (I'm used to M) sort of indicates it is, haha.

But anyway, I'm definitely alerting this story. It's different, the plot is interesting and I'm intrigued. Really wonder what Mayor Riddle might do now! I love how James acts exactly the way I think when it comes to Peter. He's a bit thick. I can imagine it must be frustrating sometimes to be friends with someone like him. Oh and something that cracked me up in chapter 11: them being caught while they're having a tea party on the roof. Oh that almost killed me. Trust them to be caught doing something as silly as that!

One point of positive criticism: as a hardcore Remus/Sirius shipper, it feels like Remus and Sirius' relationship is a bit platonic. What I'm trying to say is, you write they're together but I don't really get too many feelings and emotions. Yes, Remus missed Sirius but that alone doesn't say enough, doesn't make me -feel- that Remus missed Sirius. Not to me at least. It feels a bit empty.

When writing a R/S fanfiction, I believe that every time they see each other, talk to each other, it should be a moment to be anticipated by the reader. Right now, I don't really have that because you, sort of, go over it rather quickly. Little things could change a lot. Maybe you could try to give more depth to their relationship? Knowing that Sirius having his hand inside Remus' pants isn't really enough. It's a bit...basic. To me, "holding someone's dick" to say it as rude as that, isn't a relationship. By that you show they have something but to me, it might be different to someone else though, it feels like...if you ever read the Twilight sage, like you're waiting four books for the wedding night and then you get "The next morning" chapter. It feels like that. Empty, not complete. You show us something, but the emotions, feelings are missing.

To give you an idea what I mean:

For instance what you wrote:

Sirius walked up to him and slipped his arms around Remus. "Can I stay at your place tonight?" he asked. "I'm too lazy to go home."

"Of course," Remus said.

Maybe you could add something to the bit "Remus said" like "Remus said, secretly enjoying the warmth coming from Sirius. He looked sideways and their eyes met briefly, causing his stomach to twitch in excitement."

I don't know if you can feel it but in my opinion it feels warmer, intenser. I believe it takes the reader closer to what they feel.

But enough of that. I still think this fiction is awesome. I might have messed up on a few prepositions here and there but I don't want Remus to be left without a job! I'm not that good grammar-wise so I'm definitely learning with each chapter! Keep up with the great work. You're doing a fantastic job so far :)
portmanteaux chapter 12 . 11/12/2011
I just adore this story. I've said it before, but this time period/political climate is such an apt one in which to drop the Marauders! There's the secretiveness and fear of discovery and dangerous paranoia. Fantastic.

I'm scared for them, though, because I just know that Something Bad is going to happen soon.
Children of the Shadows chapter 12 . 11/12/2011
Love how things are getting a lot more serious and grown up now. Cant wait for the next chapter. Do update soon!
pinksnowboots chapter 11 . 11/10/2011
You have no idea how addictive this story is. Sirius/Remus is love, and adding in history and communism and British accents? Brilliant. You're hitting almost all of my fanfic fetishes (as in things I love in fanfics irrationally, not necessarily in a sexual way). It's so cute, and I like that the relationship moves at a reasonable pave (no sex on the first date, thank goodness). And the communism! I've long been accused of communistic leanings, although they're really more socialist, so this makes me oh so happy!
waterlit chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
This was funny! And so awesome. Snape is on to them oh no ):
Jewlz37 chapter 11 . 8/30/2011

But I did like this chapter ~ and what do you mean by "now the plot is REALLY GETTING STARTED." What have the past 10 chapters been? Potatoes?
everyoneisking chapter 11 . 8/27/2011
Oh hurrah a new chapter! I am so into this story! Communism. Is seriously love. I looove it.

Until i got to the end of the chapter, I was like "Peter why are such a DICK! Sirius obviously did it cos he LOOOOVES REMUS!" *facepalm*

But then you know, all is explained. I love that they are like this tough gang in the school (kinda) and they get caught on the roof having a tea party.

"We were having a tea party!" Ha Ha, I just love it. I seriously choked on my laughter. :)

Now, I am impressed with this fast updating! Well done!

And now I am going to transform into a total bitch and be all "You told me you were planning another Blue Yule story! Where is it, man?" :)

Looking forward to the next chapter (and my answer *stare*) :D
TheMaraudersaremyhomies chapter 11 . 8/27/2011
Awww... cute valiant Sirius. Nice to have an update!
Lizzy0308 chapter 11 . 8/27/2011
I love love love this story. I think you're an amazing writer. This premis is fresh and interesting. Please let them have a happy ending without toooo much trauma. Please
smileitsfreakingweekend chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
This is really good, but 1945? James Potter was born in 1960.
TheMaraudersaremyhomies chapter 10 . 7/31/2011
So glad to see an update! Little grammar-Remus is adorable, and I'm glad James is so perfectly wonderful about Sirius and Remus. Though this chapter almost contained more Lily/James than Remus/Sirius... are Lily's "lady problems" more problematic than the usual once a month sort? The "we've had sex once" drop got me wondering if little Harry's already on the way... guess I'll have to wait for the update! Great job.
116 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »