Reviews for Stregoni Benefici
Jessica314 chapter 2 . 4/12
Poor Carlisle... I know it means the world to him when he's able to save someone that a human doctor wouldn't have been able to, but the pain at the inverse must be something awful. To stand there and NOT be able to intervene when a human doctor would be able to, just because of something as innocent as sunlight. That's even worse than sitting at home for his "sleep" time during a pandemic, wondering if a life or two might have been spared had he stayed for just one more shift.

This insidious "loss of control" is an interesting symptom, and totally realistic. Depression isn't just about human neurotransmitters, you know? I can't imagine the weight of those years of loneliness, especially when he *does* occasionally make a sorta-friend like the chess buddy or Dorothy. But he's not so far gone that he can't rein himself in, if only for the good of the lives he might save (and thank goodness for those lives, because they very well may have saved his).

Anyway, I love the dissonant imagery of his doing modern medical paperwork by candlelight. Great details about how he had to train himself to switch lights on and off for a different reason than his human peers did... and bringing the "undiscovered Hassam" to life was such a neat idea!

Aw. When Dorothy assumed he just doesn't like people... I felt that. He would give anything to be able to be as sociable and friendly as his heart aches to be, especially when he's with a respected colleague. To be understood by all and maybe even loved by a few :(

This headcanon is so SAD, that he still half-heartedly attempts suicide now and then when new methods become available. Oof. Makes me wonder if he ever came close to trying to "provoke" the Volturi when he was with him, as Edward was certainly familiar with that method later on.

And now he's going to have to face a whole new load of suffering and death now that the second deadly wave of the Spanish flu has begun. Hang in there, Carlisle, something good will come out of it all!

OK, I'm ready to plunge back into the 17th century next time (of course I peeked). Thank you for a lovely, heartbreaking chapter.
Jessica314 chapter 1 . 2/16
I'm so glad to finally begin this story! I don't know why I put it off for so long-I thi k back when I first went through some of your fics you seemed to be absent, so I probably lost it in my TBR. I'm looking forward to Carlisle's journey and also to the historical context goodies along the way. I think reading (and writing) fanfiction is my favorite way to learn new tidbits about real history.

William baptizing Carlisle with the cold, bloodied water from Sarah's disastrous childbed :( I love it. And William is such an interesting character. I love to be mad at him-real nice throwing away the name your late wife *wanted*, sir-but there's a nugget of good intentions in there, at least for now. I like the irony that in throwing the name away he actually made Carlisle's existence even more of a painful reminder of the love he lost.

Looking forward to more! I'm a slow binger—I like to take my time and review thoughtfully but also bc I follow way too many fics. But I'll be here, slow and steady, and I look forward to chatting with you about it all. Good start!
LiveLaughLove728 chapter 30 . 7/10/2020
This was absolutely amazing! I’ve never given much thought to Carlisle before but reading this has thoroughly changed that. Thank you for writing such a beautiful, thought-provoking story!
Eva chapter 30 . 6/14/2020
You created a beautiful story, thank you.
megcliff chapter 30 . 6/1/2020
Just devoured this in a few hours. Your writing is superb. Thanks for giving us this brilliant work of fiction!
BellaTesoro chapter 2 . 12/27/2019
Carlisle seems very depressed. The visual of him placing his hand over the candle fire said much about where his emotions are. I'm curious what will happen next.
BellaTesoro chapter 1 . 12/27/2019
I heard this was a wonderful Carlisle story. I look forward to reading it. So far this first chapter seems rich in details and intensity and not pure fluff. I welcome that.
FlamingMaple chapter 24 . 12/17/2019
“And even without a little stick horse, perhaps she could see to it that he went galloping off somewhere...”

Pardon me while I go snot-sob into my coffee...
FlamingMaple chapter 23 . 12/16/2019
Sobs...
FlamingMaple chapter 22 . 12/16/2019
I love the way you weave so many texts and insights together so effortlessly (or you make it seem so).

Even Aro can learn something.
FlamingMaple chapter 17 . 12/16/2019
Oh, Carlisle!
FlamingMaple chapter 11 . 12/14/2019
That was adorable.
KatHat4 chapter 1 . 7/26/2019
Hi! Just to let you know that your story, Stregoni Benefici, was featured this week on the Fic Dive on the forum A Different Forest (dot net).
readicted chapter 30 . 6/19/2019
This was such a intensely beautiful, melancholy, yet gratifying read. I loved it. And loved how it ended in such a powerful and hopeful place. I thought I would find the elliptical structure to be hard to follow or cumbersome, but it was not. It was a fascinating, enthralling character study of one of the most intriguing characters in the Twi universe. I want to thank you for sharing this wonderful story. It's so very evident how much you put into creating it.
readicted chapter 1 . 6/19/2019
This story was rec'd to me by Rita.
1,125 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »