Reviews for Hogyoku ex Machina
Norspherato chapter 18 . 12/24/2018
Read this all in one setting and figured id do this here instead of the preview for the discontinued sequel. Loved the story. Thought it was very well put together and had great action. The ending was kinda lackluster with the stab, made it seem like as soon as they left Aizen was dead and the entire point of leaving could have been just put off. Wished their was something with Aizens blade (suck at names especially Japanese names) Figured Muramasa could have played a part and it would have been a big dramatic finish since Aizen did in fact do what koga did and threw his blade away. And my last real criticism is the lack of love interest. I know it was stated their would be no non-canon pairing but there were countless teases of woman interested in Ichigo that i would have loved to have seen more of. In the end it was still a great fic and while i doubt youll continue, i am looking forward to your Percy Jackson fics next chapter.
Cheek chapter 8 . 12/17/2018
You know, something occured to me. Ichigos bankai takes the form it does because of ease of use. But that wont necesarrily make sense when hes older and has more skill/experience. Then i thought about how a living human has unlimited potential for growth and change.

Wouldnt it make sense for ichigos bankai to change as he changes as a human being? His soul should not be set in stone becuse hes not dead.

Man if this is where you’re going with this im super excited! Always found Ichigos bankai boring and uninspired.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/28/2018
Great story.
Angel Fantasy chapter 9 . 9/25/2018
Hopefully Kusaka gets to see the error of his ways and come to the good side this time...
Angel Fantasy chapter 2 . 9/25/2018
Hmm, your story is an interesting one. You started it with a bang, and kept it fast-paced even now. I liked the explanations I read in there, if only for one thing: canon-wise, Shiba Isshin was the (former) 10th Division's Captain, instead of the 7th. Hitsugaya Toshiro was at that time his Third Seat. Matsumoto was and is still a Lieutenant. All three of them were close, as well. I do not know if you wrote Isshin as the former 7th Division captain and Royal guard to feed your story plot, but if you truly intend for everything to be canon, and plan to involve Isshin as much as I suspect, then correcting his Shinigami status and checking out his relationship to Rangiku and Toshiro is critical. Otherwise, the rest is nicely-written out and the plot, very catching. I'll go read your next chapters right away!
edy-chan chapter 18 . 8/24/2018
Hi! Great job, I loved it! :) The title kind of made me hesitate a bit, sorta confusing but when I finally gave it a chance it was amazing! :D Some parts were kind of confusing,but I loved how you mixed seriousness with humor.

Hope you continue writing more amazing fics! Good luck in everything!
MessyBargainer chapter 18 . 7/28/2018
AWWWWW this must be the best Bleach fanfic ending I've ever read omg 333 I LOVEEEE IITTTTT SO CUTE AAAA
MessyBargainer chapter 13 . 7/22/2018
LMAO SON uf a gunnnnnnnn god damn zanpakutou spirits unexpectedly stabbing people Jesus Christ yo lmao so cute too though awwwwww
MessyBargainer chapter 8 . 7/21/2018
AW NO ;_; ISSHIN OOF

So cute tho, the twin sisters :') and lmao everyone else listening, I ended up bursting out in laughter at the image that formed in my mind reading that comedic anime apt scene :') well done! 3 loving the story hehe 333
Guest chapter 18 . 7/14/2018
Thanks for the story. It brightened my day Mr. cliche.
JasherTheDarkened chapter 11 . 7/13/2018
Why you gotta tease me like this... Senna is the one movie character we all wish to be canon...
;_;
lara5170 chapter 15 . 7/7/2018
This was an amazing story and even now that we know more canon facts I have enjoyed reading this and I am hoping that you continue to write more
hauptj2 chapter 2 . 6/10/2018
I like your version of Yamato's Bankai way better than the official one. I never really got the whole "summoning burning zombies" thing.
Lyxi chapter 12 . 6/3/2018
Honestly, I feel as if this story would have been better if he went back to his old power level when he went back. It's basically just a long training montage with the mc reaching gigaton levels of power.
EmeraldSkiesSetUponTheSea chapter 18 . 5/19/2018
I doubt I ever left a review on this in the past. But it has always been a pleasure to return to this story, once every year or so since I first found it long ago. It was delightful to have read Ichigo's progress from the prologue through to the epilogue this week. Characterization felt spot on throughout.

Your usage of the memory projector and how characters reacted around each scene were well executed on the whole; they were typically entertaining if nothing else.

I enjoyed Ichigo's time training with Soifon and Yoruichi quite a lot.

Your interpretation of Yamamoto's Bankai is superb. The climactic battle between Ichigo and Yamamoto is certainly the highlight.

I was less thrilled by Zaraki's manifested zanpakutou spirit.

I found Muramasa's inclusion to be a bit... unnecessary, yet after all of the other little film details that you brought into play smoothly, I could not complain.

I honestly had not remembered how you addressed the confrontation with Aizen. It was a different direction that I was gradually expecting going back over the story again, and the idea that Ichigo would be used to make a new King's Key is fairly good. That it was Muramasa that ultimately saved Ichigo does bother me a little, but I can live with it.

And the Hogyoku manifesting its own spirit within Ichigo's quite expansive inner world was a nice little end point.

Thank you so much for having written Hogyoku ex Machina so long ago. It will always hold a dear place in my heart, no matter how jaded I otherwise grow as a reader.

My only regret is that the sequel has never been updated, and having just read it today for the first time, that longing will stay a while.
1,889 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »