Reviews for Patinage à Glace et Chocolat Chaud
Lightningstar chapter 1 . 2/2
I fell on my tailbone about 4 months ago. Two times in a row, four days apart. IT STILL HURTS
I can't sit for more than 1 hour without pain...
GYAAAAAH w

Lightning
adksgsldkf chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
i love you! and i love Franada ! ship on my lady! and may his noodly appendage continue to tough you! R'Amen
Lux chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
As a ice skater I feel the need to point a couple things out. To stop, you don't put your weight on your heels, especially if you are a hockey player. On their skates, when you lean back, you'll fall, unlike on figure skates, which you can lean back on. For both, if you want to stop, hockey stop, which is where twist both feet to the side, while keeping your body the same way; a Snow-Plow Sam is the most basic, and it is where you place one foot in front, rather akin of a snow-plow. After those two, you have a 't'-stop, which is the same as a snow-plow, but you put your foot behind, dragging it.
The other thing that bugged me, was putting Canada's skates in his bag. If they are anywhere near sharp enough, that wouldn't really work for long, and would retain moisture. If he had a older pair of skates, as in early 2000's, they'd be leather, which the moisture would harm, not to mention the blade. Proper care would be wiping it down, maybe sokers, or blade guards. I'm not too sure which hockey players would be more likely to do.
And before you take this to heart, mainly the latter bit, this is being spoken as a US figure skater. Anyways, I hope this was helpful, and aside from the skating, it was a sweetly cute piece. You are such a lovely writer.
Epic F. Awesomesauce chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
*cuteness overload*
SilentFears3 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I started laughing when France called him a cabbage. I thought he meant poppet cuz chou can mean poppet as well. Then I started laughing even more when Canada asked why he was called a cabbage.
fubibliophile chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
So...much...fluff!
Pookey chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
So Adorable I love these two in all forms *giggle*
Funky Bracelet Chick chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Ouch! I remember the last time I fell on my tilbone I was out of comissoin for the rest of the day. lol
Tiilly chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Very sweet, and I found France acting all ungraceful on the ice really funny. And ouch for tail bone falls _ I fell on mine once after some girl litterly ripped my chair out from under me. Really does hurt... I imagine it on ice could be worse than hitting a wooden floor.
iFellOffMars chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
That was so adorable

Poor France, falling on your tailbone sucks. Trust me, I know. My mom was replacing my chair with a more comfortable one and I didn't realize that...so when I went to sit down I fell and sprained my tailbone XD
George deValier chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Franada! Love!

Even though this is only short, you did such a wonderful job characterising both France and Canada. I would love to see more from you of both of them. It was sweet and charming, with France's false bravado, and flirting with the waitress, and saying such lovely things to Canada, and all of it :)

Mon chou! I have always loved that endearment. Only the French would think calling someone a cabbage is romantic. And there is nothing wrong with the title, btw :D
xMoro-Dashix chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This was adorable w Oh and I hope this doesn't annoy you or comes off as bothersome but mon chou is just cabbage, mon chou chou is pastry/cream puff. . My family is part French and my grandma used to call me these all the time, though not much anymore lol.
Simplicity Is Bliss chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Aww, very cute. Also, Québécois French is the French language's lil bastard brother, which might explain the differences... ;) I would love to see this as a longer fic, too, btw.
koosei chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
d'aaaww! - I so got warm fuzzies from that. I love the idea of Canada teaching another nation (especially France) how to skate. Poor France though, falling on his tailbone on his first day. That gets really discouraging.

. And France's pep-talk/cheering up/flirting with the waitress was awesome and dot-on. I loved how you wrote him

And don't worry about the title. It reads right. I'm not sure if it's the same in France as it is here in Canada, but usually skating can just be shortened to 'patinage' and the 'à glace' is just added for phrases like 'patins à glace' where you need to specify that it's ice skates instead of roller skates, or something of the like. But it definitely reads right as-is.
Flor de ceibo chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I could picture France's miserable flailing so clearly I just... started laughing out loud. I must thank you for that. It's such a welcome change - you make me want to find some other way to make him be miserable.

Rambling aside, oh my God, this was so cute and they were so them (I love your Canada. Not an uke-chan neither a constantly sarcastic jerk. Just. Really. Much love.)