Reviews for Heartbeat Come Undone
Corsetta chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Oh how utterly perfect. I beg you to continue with a sequel.
88Mary88 chapter 17 . 1/16/2012
Okay, who do I have to bribe, blackmail, pay... hurt (I wouldn't go as far as kill, but than again...) to see exactly this scenario in the wedding episode? I mean, I know, it doesn't necessarily fit to the development in the series right now, but than again when made GG ever sense? However, loved it!
88Mary88 chapter 11 . 1/16/2012
One of the best future chair snipits ever. I really hope one day they reach this point, I fear the show will take its time (and perhaps torture us with a nearly death, a nearly wedding and a dair-intermezzo) but as long as they reach this stage everything was worth it!
wrighthangal chapter 24 . 11/10/2011
Loved it. This was so sweet.
MegamiTenchi chapter 24 . 11/9/2011
Gah, twisted. So twisted... I felt like I was searching the whole time. Blind indeed. It just made my heart ache and if I were hormonal, I'm sure I'd be crying! :sigh: You and your incredible imagery and way with words. You spin it all so well, and I'm just going to sit here like an idiot before a Monet painting, if that's okay with you.
Selfish and Shrewd chapter 24 . 11/9/2011
awww I loved the last chapter! 3 it was perfect.
L chapter 12 . 8/5/2011
aww the last line just about killed me. i really wish you were actually a writer for the show or that ed and leighton would stumble across your writing and act it out for the chair shippers to see.
sarah chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
last line, very pretty.
aria chapter 23 . 5/15/2011
Got to love a good jaggerbomb yummm!
SaturnineSunshine chapter 23 . 5/15/2011
I have to say, I sort of laughed just when I saw the chapter title. You really can't see Chuck drinking something like that when he's so reserved, but this fit completely. I'm in a really somber mood today, and as always, we seem to be completely in sync with each other like that.
City Lights Agleam chapter 23 . 5/15/2011
Love, love, love love love. Amazing and beautiful and spot-on! I love the way you unravel their emotions to the core and show us something that we don't see on the show. The only thing I could say is the drowning metaphor is a little cluttered, between the snow and the angel wings and her watching him as she dies. I would just simplify it a little bit because it could get confusing. Other than that, you know I love it.

And I'm loving the "city lights agleam outside the window." Dare I think...? ]

MegamiTenchi chapter 23 . 5/15/2011

That should be ALL you get. I'm over here DYING from you 600 some words. How do you do it B? So beautiful, and heartbreaking. I can't stand that scene because it hurts so much, and you just made it even more crazy painful! Now I *have* to go watch it again, so I can read all of YOUR subcontext into it...
PacificRomance chapter 22 . 4/22/2011
this there are no words. so wonderful. There was so much emotion and it was just so...raw. I loved it. Great job.
lily chapter 22 . 4/22/2011
That so sad, but sweet. It's nice that he's alws there for her/ I luv it when she says I hate Charade and he ays she's still in there. It's sad that somhow he can never deserve her. I wish the rmors are true and he really opts for giving up Bass industries tyhen letting her happiness get spoilt. Then he'd finally deserve her, she'd pick him.
TruC7 chapter 22 . 4/21/2011

That was perfect. Just. Perfect.

She'll never marry Louis. Not really. And she'll never marry Dan. Not ever. But ever since the disastrous last episodes of season 4 you know what I've been waiting for? Just for Chuck to fight for her. It was the naturally expected outcome of events right? Right?

But no. He goes gets a girlfriend of all things (I ask you, a French hooker? Couldn't he detect that from a mile away?) and he comes to her all tremulous and tells her how much she matters but then right when she gives him the courage to come back home, a gift really, he comes and he flaunts said gf in her face as though all of this wasn't his fault to begin with, where is the *remorse*?

And he tells her it's war when *her* jealous insticts get the better of her when he's done worse to scare off her beaus. And they end it by having hate sex on a piano (which I loved by the way, no question) but wasn't this just an elabourate plotline to distract us from the fact that he'd messed up terribly? He didn't do anything to find himself in our good books again (even though, even when he did all those terrible things, he was forgiven, it was Chair ftw. Always) he just acted spoilt, entightled to fotgiveness...just because he's him. God, did he ever even apologize properly? Did he even admit what he'd done was wrong? How could *he* declare war on *her*? I ask you after everything, how did we reach *that* point?

And that bothered through out all their squabbles and reunian even if I squeeled during it. And I wanted Dair to happen- not for a reason other than just fiving Chuck a chance to *fight* , really fight for her which he hasn't had to do all this time. All he did was get shot and show up with a French gf for God's sake. How is that redemption?

I really couldn't help thinking (just the tiniest part of me that I ignored) that she *was* weak to forgive him. That he should have freaking fought for her, suffered a little more before he desereved her again. And if Dair caused that to happen- caused Chair to be easy to love again- then let this obstacle come if just for jealous Chuck to get some screen time.

I find the writers far too confused to know what they're doing because apparently Dair was a complete waste of time, because it formed no obstacle for Chair.

And now (I know I'm a horrible reviewer I spent like ten pages talking about something quite definately irrelevant to your fic) I'll tell you why I love what you've written so much.

Because I'm figuring Louis will finally bring about a chance for Chuck to fight for Blair and become worthy of her again- and even if that means *not* fighting for her and letting her have what she needs, letting her be happy then I'd like to believe he'd do that. What you wrote was really touching and sweet and beautiful and utterly perfect. Even though all he does is support her and talk her through her fears and tell her what she means to him-its more he's done all season.

The problem is he's still connected: emotionally.

Physically tied with a thread that doesn't break no matter how hard he pulls. -beautifully put, right there.

"I thought..." he watches a tear descend, rolling down her cheek like a diamond that would make her (in a once upon a time, happily ever after world he has no idea where to find) "I thought I would be enough this time."

she turns her face to catch his slipping profile, the black gold eyes that hold her, still even now, when her heart is as still as it could ever be. Her smile is small but true and his gear whips around to catch it. *beautiful imagery*

The moment is longer than it ought to be because they're sitting on the bathroom floor and he's the boy she kissed once and she's the girl he used to see with other people. It's always hurt to look at him and she's always done it; she's always been a masochist.

Pain is a fare trade off for the pleasure.

Sniff. That was burst-into-tears-because-it's-so-on-spot-beautiful. Hauntingly true.

She dances through the royal court, afterward because she owns them.

He leans on the bar and reminds her that she always has.

Here's to wishing that what i've been unconsciously waiting for all season- a chance for Chuck to fight for Blair instead of just ending up with her because they're so right for each other- actually comes about through the adverersy that is Louis. Chuck's been off the hook too easy, and frankly I don't want the show rushed into a Chair wedding because I think they're worth the right moment and worth the wait.

& I *wish* that he's as awesome as he is in this fic on the show- that in essence he puts her happiness over everything else.

Wow. As far as rants go, this was possibly the craziest ) But in the crux- stunningly written ch.
154 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »