Reviews for This Time Imperfect
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
I think Jet and Mai would be great together, and you write them really well—good job!
saudade do coracao chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This was lovely, very well-written with just the right tone. My only complaint is that Jet's never being able to walk again seems too melodramatic. I didn't get the wet paper bag line at all. I particularly love lines #39 (share), #42 (neutral), #43 (nuance), and #29 (jewel). Thank you for sharing!
emletish chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
#39 - Share

They're short on cash, and it's too cold out to just camp out under the stars, and there's only one bed - and Mai is certain that, were it possible for a man to smirk himself to death, Jet would keel over and die.

this I love! jet would smirk himself to death
broken and forgotten chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I loved JetMai before (thanks to devianart)- but this fic was too good... did she end up sleeping with haru in one of the sentences?
Static Lull chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
OHMAGOSHHHH! SOMEONE WHO FINALLY UNDERSTANDS THE HAWTNESS THAT IS JETMAI! :DDDDDD

No, seriously, the two are some GOOD STUFF, and it almost makes me want to rant incoherently or foam at the mouth or do some other equally fangirly thing.

But, I digress.

This was lovely, really (though I'll admit to being ever so slightly put out that you used the BETA set, because I've been working on a Zuko-Jin with the same set, and I'm not sure mine will hold a candle to something as wonderful as this *pouts*). What's a girl to do, yanno?

Still, I feel I should mention that I absolutely adored the dynamics you had going between the two. It was the perfect mix of lightheartedness and angst and sarcasm and romance that is so undoubtedly JetMai.

Makes me want to read moarmoarmoar of this.
greysluver13 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
I really like your 1sentence stories; Green Sleeves is one my my favorite one shots by you.

Jet/Mai isn't exactly a pairing that one would think works. Even with your writing skills, it is a little hard to swallow. However, they have both been victims of war, and that is the tie that binds them.

I think my favorite line is #40 - Solitary

"I want to be alone," she says thickly, imperiously, but he doesn't leave - "No, you don't."

Everyone has asked to be left alone, or said they were okay when in fact it is false.

Another great one-shot. Good job.
waterlit chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
It was funny, for the most part, and the bits about their unconventional fights were (y). The pairing's not very ... normal, but you make it work sufficiently (:
Moonprincess92 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Loved it. You have a way of making even the weirdest ships seem plausible. Awesome. : D