Reviews for The Left Leg
MonocleWearingChicken chapter 18 . 10/23/2011
Another great chapter, the dynamics in the Autobot base were rather surprising.

Air Raid and Wildrider's torment is so painful to read (in a good way) and I just keep hoping that everything will eventually sort itself out. Though at this stage anything resembling a happy ending for either combiner seems almost unachievable.

As for your updates, I really am enjoying "The Left Leg" and would love to see more updates. Having said that however you're the writer and you need to dedicate yourself to whatever is 'flowing' best for you at the moment.

As always looking forward to more,

DSC
Starfire201 chapter 18 . 10/23/2011
You want my honest opinion about what to do with your stories? Then please allow me to be very frank. In the past, I have seen authors (all over the spectrum: good, bad or average) put out one story after another and then become so bogged down with R/L issues and trying to juggle all of them at the same time as dealing with those issues that some or all become abandoned, there are large spaces of time between updates, and/or they tend to become incoherent after a while; almost as if the author has lost sight of the story they began. You are a very good author, Taipan. I wouldn't have put you on my faves otherwise, so I'd hate to see you fall into that trap. So I'd say after you update for the two stories you mentioned, then it would be a good idea to focus your attention on one for a while. I won't deny I'd like to see a couple other of the stories besides the ones you mentioned be updated, but they can wait for now. "Darkest Hour" has a lot of promise, and I'd like to see where you'll take that.

On to the chapter: Seems like there is a lot of strife going on there. Silverbolt is trying to keep a handle on things, and Prowl is trying to take control. I can see a power struggle coming very soon, particularly if things keep heading the way they are.

I do feel a bit bad for Air Raid and Wildrider. Both are bogged down in a situation where they no longer have any control, if they ever really did. No surprise that Air Raid just hauled off and slugged Red Alert. He just gets back, and Red Alert wants to check him out for spying devices. While one can understand Red's concerns very well, given Raid's experiences, he's not going to see it that way. Then Prowl wants to isolate him, which doesn't make him feel any better and can be dangerous for a flier. I'm wondering if Prowl even had Prime's sanction to do this, though given he said Optimus was away, I find it unlikely. Red's concerns were understandable, but Prowl's behavior strikes me as a bit murky.

Given what's happened to Raid since he got back, it seems that Megatron may have had a point, though I imagine it won't turn out quite the way he expected.

The Stunticons I also feel some true pity for. They are on the bottom of the totem pole in terms of hierarchy right now, and it seems that slowly they are learning that that is exactly where they are. Megatron is using them and Motormaster is finally starting to realize that even if he won't admit it to anyone, including himself.

So now both 'Rider and Raid are at loose ends and no one knows what to do. Seems like things are getting a lot worse now.
MonocleWearingChicken chapter 17 . 10/16/2011
It's stories like this and your Thundercracker series which is why you are one of my fave writers on FF. net. You not only write a story but create an entire history and setting in which it sits. Not to mention you are one of the few writers who manage to write the Stunticons well.

If I wasn't so dead tired I'd give a far more in depth review, but as I am verging on the edge of unconsciousness I'll just say I can't wait to see what befalls the two combiners and will be waiting eagerly for an update.

DSC
QoS chapter 17 . 10/8/2011
Of the Decepticon combiner teams, the Constructicons are probably the most…dignified, for lack of a better term. Probably a combination of their age, their secure role in the army and their good leadership. The Combaticons were renegades, though – they ended up in that detention centre for a reason – and as a result of that and their later takeover failures, I don’t think anyone expects much from them now.

But the Stunticons occupy a different position. Not only are they freshly built, without a history to influence them, but Megatron himself shaped them to suit his needs. The least they could do was repay him with great deeds, or at least adequacy in their given roles… which they aren’t doing now.

And so the Decepticon Army practices its own peculiar internal form of quality control, or at least point-and-laugh at the newbies who can’t measure up. It’s got to be humiliating, first losing Wildrider and then *also* losing his Autobot replacement on top of that, but at least Dead End didn’t make the mistake of allowing himself to be provoked. The best thing to do is keep their heads down and try to survive (mostly) intact until Motormaster returns from the repair bay.

Or until Air Raid comes back, because hey, he was created to fight Seekers. I’d bet on him against anyone but Starscream.

I also enjoyed the aftermath of Slingshot’s meeting with Prowl – and yes, Silverbolt would have to be pushed pretty far to hit one of his subordinates. Not surprising that he was more freaked out about that than Slingshot was. For a mech who was created to be Motormaster’s Autobot counterpart, Silverbolt seems to go to the opposite extreme when it comes to handling his troops. It makes an interesting exercise in psychology.

And he’s going to have his hands even fuller now that Air Raid has returned (obviously not in the best of moods, either). Cliffhanger ending!
Fliara48 chapter 17 . 9/30/2011
Neaooooooo! This chapter passed way too quickly! XO

*has no choice but to wait eagerly for the next chapter*
Fire From Above chapter 17 . 9/30/2011
Looks like Wildrider is starting to influence the Aerialbots a bit.
QoS chapter 16 . 9/28/2011
So it was all a ruse to make Air Raid think he was being allowed to leave! Too bad no one told Dead End, Breakdown or Drag Strip, especially Drag Strip. I liked the fact that you showed exactly why he was afraid - even though he can fly, teleportation can be a trip to hell if you're a helpless passenger and the destination is unknown.

Though being Skywarp's slave wouldn't be half as bad as being... oh, I don't know... Starscream's. Skywarp always struck me as being thoughtless rather than malicious. Still, it's going to be interesting to see how he treats his new slave, assuming of course that Drag Strip follows through with the arrangement.

Also great to see Breakdown kicking some serious aft. :) Breakdown is so often written as a shivering woobie that I love reading any story where he acts as he did in "Masquerade".

And finally there was the wonderful scene between Megatron and Motormaster, which can be summed up in this line: "Megatron had understood that fear was nothing he had to embed into that processor, not where respect and loyalty existed so passionately." I loved it. Especially since it showed Megatron in all his complexity - he's cruel, yes, but he rewards loyalty and he's flexible enough to adapt his plans as situations change. There was both logic and revenge behind his idea of releasing Air Raid.

And now, the moment of truth. What happens when Air Raid returns to the Ark?
Angry Archer chapter 17 . 9/28/2011
Sorry to hear about your internet troubles, girl. :/ When it comes to fanfiction the internet shutting down or the website having one of it's infamous system error/updates they certainly are our Achille's heal that drive everyone on this site over the edge. D:

Oh goodness... what a great way to start a chapter than my two favorite buddies in the Nemesis! Always love those brutal Triple-Changers! They are so fun to read - especially in one of your fics! You really do great with showing their brusque relationship with ease. You also do a great job with showing outside perspectives about the story. I bet as well that the absence of one Stunticon has got to good gossip. And just like good Decepticons they are they have to exploit the Stunticons pain, I like seeing it from the other's prospective but I still couldn't help but feel bad for our poor Stunticons at the same time. :(

Also loved Silverbolt and Slingshot discussion, more specifically that he hit him. They may belong to diffrent sides but they were created on the same terms and are more alike than they would like to be. :)

Ooo, whose causing the commotion? :) Can't wait to find out!

Another great chapter girl! :) Always are. :)

~Alaskan Olive
Zarak342 chapter 17 . 9/28/2011
Aw, I feel so sad for them ):
DemonSurfer chapter 17 . 9/28/2011
Aaaaaagh I can't tell what's going to happen next. Only that it will be extraordinarily painful and awkward for all involved parties.
Fire From Above chapter 16 . 9/9/2011
That is quite a plan. It's great to see Megatron being so calculating.
Arken Elf chapter 16 . 9/7/2011
Había esperado esta actualización con ansias, la verdad es que Megatron desarrollo un plan sorprendente, je no lo había pensado hasta que se ve claramente la explicación sobre lo que paso por su procesador, pero por algo era el líder, honestamente lo dejaste en una parte que me dejo imaginando un sin fin de posibilidades, la reacción de cada miembro de los gestalt cuando vean a Air Raid será fabulosa, y lo que sucederá, ¿Formará parte de los Stunticons?.

Ah genial avance, quedo en espera de tu siguiente actualización.
Fliara48 chapter 16 . 9/6/2011
I admire your Megatron's wonderfully cruel logic.

I only hope Air Raid isn't crushed too bad by his former team.
Kasuto Vero chapter 16 . 9/6/2011
Megatron's got a plan! Wonder how it'll turn out... But what will this mean for Air Raid and Wildrider? How will they react once they see each other? Please, keep on writin'!
DemonSurfer chapter 16 . 9/6/2011
Ooooh... pretty good plan Megatron's got there. Let's see if it works...
317 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »