Reviews for The Left Leg
QoS chapter 30 . 7/21/2013
It’s interesting how the Decepticon and Autobot gestalts pair up, isn’t it? The Aerialbots vs. the Stunticons, the Protectobots vs. the Combaticons. In a way that makes things easier for the Aerialbots (because the Seekers have been flying for millions of years and know every trick there is in the air) but I also think their feud with the Stunticons edges over into a personal vendetta, which is another thing the Autobots might not like – and which the Decepticons should exploit as much as possible.

But getting back to the story, nice variation on strip poker. We could call it shock poker instead. Poor Breakdown, if that goes on for much longer it might trigger some “involuntary” revving of his engine. And of course Drag Strip was cheating. Anything to win. I think the others are so used to his shenanigans by now that they either don’t care or just take it into account, though of course Air Raid is still new enough to the team that he’ll challenge Drag Strip on it. Not that a good punch-up damages team solidarity. Knowing the Stunticons, it probably strengthens that instead.

Speaking of punch-ups, though, Air Raid knew exactly what would happen when he took the best table, and he also knew how to get his team on his side. Way to go, appealing to Drag Strip. I love the way this is written, with Air Raid capitalizing on Breakdown’s empathy with him (fueled in part by Breakdown’s guilt over what happened to Wildrider) and how Breakdown then looks at Dead End. Oh yes, he knows very well that it’s the calm before the storm, and all he needs to be sure of is whether the entire team is in it together. Which they were, in the roundhouse punch-up that followed. I like how aloof Blast-Off is – too superior to be provoked by something as low-flying as an F-15 – but the rest of them were more than happy to join in. And Motormaster, watching, provided the seal of approval when Air Raid finally proved he was as tough as any of them and then some.

Hope the next chapter goes up soon!
CrazedPony chapter 30 . 7/20/2013
Another brilliant chapter Taipan! I love the relationships and struggles that you're builiding here. A fantastic read, and I hope to see more soon.
Guest chapter 30 . 6/29/2013
Keep the chapters coming. You are an absolutely amazing writer. We love you!
Fire From Above chapter 30 . 6/25/2013
That was quite a cunning plan.
Guest chapter 30 . 6/25/2013
I want more.
Doomstalker chapter 30 . 6/24/2013
Dear Taipan!
Thank you for this update! It was really great. I really love read about your Air Raid (I like Wildrider, but it's just so interesting to look at dynamics in Stunticons team) so I'm waiting for new chapter *_*
Starfire201 chapter 30 . 6/23/2013
He may have Motormaster's (and by extension, Megatron's) protection, but somehow I think Air Raid is going to get it somehow. Starscream is not someone you cross easily.

You gotta love the way the Reflectors handle things.
Arken Elf chapter 29 . 6/22/2013
Genial capítulo, debe ser tan com plicado para ambas partes adaptarse a lo que estan viviendo, pero creo que Wildrider ha logrado cumplirlo mejor que Air Raid, pero esta extraña relación de odio y hermandad es extraña, complejo, y fascinante.
Espero con ansia el siguiente capítulo.

¡Genial!
Scarlet Thorrn chapter 14 . 6/1/2013
Oh poor, poor all of them... My god... I died in this chapter. Parts of it had me wanting to bounce and run, and parts of it made me want to cry. I can't say who got hurt the worst. I feel it was Motormaster, but that one line Dead End said, "Wlidrider...why?" had me tearing up... It was as if 'End wasn't so...so...emo. That life mattered to him, Wildrider, mattered to him...

As with Motormaster, I cannot begin to describe what I believe he's feeling, and what I am, too. Why is Primus so cruel? As I think I said before, Motormaster seems to have his own way of caring for the Stunticons...and, he must feeling so betrayed, lost...

And then there's poor Wildrider, who must feel so insacure and scared and confused. I think his unstable emotions will be tested after today... Too lay over another, offering you life in exchange for one that should be your enemy...against you former Teammate no less! It's so strange, scary... I don't think he'll understand anything at all, only that, at the one moment in time, he needed to protect his brother from his former one.

It's sad. Unjust. Cruel.

But, along all other's, there is Drag Strip. I have no doubt how hurt, unsure, betrayed, angry, and sorrowed he'll feel. He was closest to Wildrider, and now, he's lost him...probably forever, and there is a stranger, Air Raid, there to take his brother's place... No. Just...no.

There are other's I could mourn over, such as Silverbolt and Breakdown, but I'll stop, for now. No doubt there will be hurt all around the Gestalt bonds tonight.
Scarlet Thorrn chapter 13 . 6/1/2013
Oh slag. O,o I have no idea what's going to happen...and I'm a little scared it find out.
Scarlet Thorrn chapter 12 . 5/31/2013
Fucking awesome. Dude, where do I start? Prowl... I was pretty pissed with him at first (as I do indeed get way too emotionally involved in stories) but then...

Prowls character is hard on me, like with other characters, (Starscream I can name right off the top of my head) he seems to almost shift with the settings. "Over here he's like this, and now over there he's like that." But, for me, I have a certain base for the characters I love, and somehow, shit, I love him in this story.

The characters are so real and distinct, I mean, I'm horrible at really defining what and how I feel, but what I can at least try to say is that: I find this story all too...real. The way it's written, right down from the emotions to the action, is absolutely fantastic. You do an impossibly good job capturing everyone the way they need to be viewed, and twisting the story in such a way that tugs me in, and completely forces me to symphonies; compromise; understand and level out everyone's actions and reasonings. I can't describe how much I love this story other than to express that it is fucking amazing.

Good job, man, good job.
Scarlet Thorrn chapter 11 . 5/30/2013
Yes! Yes they were! They got better...sorta, but yup, the punks were little bitches XD Ugh, I'm so...down, right now...but I gotta keep reading! I feel so bad for Air Raid and Wildrider! :'( this story is so great- I have no slagging idea what is going to happen next XD Amazing job!
Scarlet Thorrn chapter 10 . 5/19/2013
...And I'm about to cry.

Fuuuuuuu-

I loved this chapter. I mean, the first bit with Chip and 'Rider was...Ahhh, with all the desperation and insecurity, and then the fighting, with all that sense of wronged rights, and then that echo of utter depression at the end.

Man... I feel really bad for Wildrider, I'm like "Noooo..."- I really hope that he can somehow return to the Stunticons, but just like "Fleshling"...it's pretty hopeless, huh? But at the same time... Argh. This is really sad right now... I am a very emotionally weak person who gets attached to characters way too quickly and way too much- I wanna give Wildrider a hug :( And Air Raid too!

Blleee, I'm going on too much! Amazing story! I'll keep reading til the end for sure :P
QoS chapter 29 . 5/16/2013
Interesting switch in perspective (perspectives?) with Reflector’s take on the happenings. Reflector isn’t a character we see too often in fanfics, and to be honest, I can’t even remember what his/their personality was like. Which is strange when you consider how much I like gestalts, but part of the problem with Reflector is that his three components all look alike and I can’t tell the difference between their personalities. So this chapter promised to be interesting even before I started reading.

Soundwave’s cassettes being better spies than Reflector is a good point—and if all Cybertronians have zoom and image-capture abilities built into their optical systems, then technically they shouldn’t need a camera in the ranks at all. So yes, Reflector, I *would* like to know how you’ve survived so long.

Stick to your buddies? Yes, and someone like Reflector, someone whose three components even speak together, would know about that. Air Raid could take a lesson from him, but then again, Air Raid is not exactly interested in long-terrm (or even short-term) survival at this point. I felt sorry for him until “Ridiculous Bravado” made me grin. It was nice to see Breakdown’s obvious concern working its way under his self-destructive misery, too.

I think Air Raid is right, too, about Breakdown liking it among the Autobots, but IMO Breakdown is adaptable as long as his team is with him. It’s the others who would hate life among the Autobots. We can already see Wildrider breaking rules like they were porcelain traffic signs.

Love the moment when Megatron made an appearance like the shark passing by in the first half of “Jaws”, and yes, Air Raid is definitely not as suicidal as he might appear. Breakdown is also right about Megatron not slagging Air Raid at first sight—Megatron isn’t stupid or a rageaholic—but in Air Raid’s current emotional state, he would try the patience of a saint. And I got the “War Dawn” reference! One more obstacle in Air Raid’s assimilation into the ‘con ranks.

It was also fun to see Reflector get caught out—and Air Raid happily beating him up on Breakdown’s behalf (i.e. sticking together with his new gestalt despite everything). And Kremzeek at the end too! Great wrap-up. Sorry I took so long to review this chapter—it was a fun change in viewpoint and I loved the shout-outs to other episodes.
Scarlet Thorrn chapter 9 . 5/8/2013