Reviews for Laughing With
EvilRegalGleek chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Spooky! Wish Mollie really could have come back in that moment...she would have just fixed everything up and been amazing, HATE THAT SHE HAD TO DIE!
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
You have re-defined the meaning of songfic here. So many songfics are clumsily done and the words fall flat rather than setting the mood for the story, but here you've incorporated the lyrics seamlessly with the text. It builds the story, deepening the mood and making the atmosphere almost ethereal. I love how it's Mollie that sits behind the piano. It creates a powerful image, between the words of the song and the performance itself. And, haunting as the piece as a whole is, it does make one wonder whether or not the image was simply a figment of Kurt's imagination or something else entirely (the fact that the piano cover is moved away from the keys). Kurt's breakdown was heart-wrenching, but at least he had a very cathartic moment with his mother. Whether or not it was real doesn't matter; the moment would stick with him, and it certainly would leave an impression.

As I mentioned in your last one-shot, I love your incorporation of religion into your fics. I think that Kurt would definitely be having a bit of an 'existential crisis' at this point in his life. With his friends attempting to help him by leading him off in different directions, I can definitely see him wanting to find out for himself in some tangible, concrete way if there is some form of God out there. The way you've folded Mollie into this piece is lovely, and overall I really enjoyed it. It's haunting, yet reassuring in its own way: Kurt needed the catharsis, whether or not his views on religion changed at all.
4 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
So beautiful... I teared up... 3
Ravenpan chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Wiping tears off my cheeks.

Poor dear Kurt. I love that his Mom is watching over him, and was able to be there, in whatever capacity whether in his mind or for 'real'.
bitchboughtmycookie chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
This was amazing and ever so slightly creepy. Your fanfiction is my favourite.
aridnie chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I cried. That was kinda beautiful. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Oh my God. (No pun intended) this one-shot was absolutely beautiful. Kurt has been through so much and I loved how you gave him a chance to express it. And the part with his mother! How you left it open-ended like that - perfect. I'd like to think she visited him to give him strength, and let him know he's not alone 3 Thank you so so much for your amazing writing!
Shu of the Wind chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
WHOA.

LOVE.
MagdaleneTheMagpie chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Oh my god, I cried so hard. I love Mollie so much. I can't see Kurt's mom being any other way now. This was beautiful. I'd never heard the song before (but I love Regina Spektor) and it so spoke to me. I love it. I'm just gonna go read more of your amazing stuff now, k?
NerdLifeIsAGreatLife chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Just read your AN at the end... Never been kissed gave you probably some of the most awesome Kurt material EVER... KLAINE!

Anyway, don't you just love reading really old fics or watching Glee (or and TV show, eg: Friends) Re-runs... you know what's going to happen on the show before, sometimes, even the actors! :)
justasecondlove chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I normally love your stories, as you are by far my favorite author. However, I just didn't like this one. Kurt's an atheist, a very stout one. He is very strong and comfortable with that belief, and he doesn't have any second thoughts. Saying that, I don't understand this fic. I understand that many, if not most, people are religious. I just don't think that you should impart those beliefs upon characters that are quite obviously and stoutly non-religious or atheistic. Yes, many people turn to god in hard times and I don't look down on them for that at all. But Kurt doesn't, that was made quite plain in Grilled Cheesus. Maybe this is just because I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I need god or religion or what have you to be happy, but this story really upset me, because my interpretation of it was that Kurt couldn't get through a hard time without god. I think it's perfectly acceptable for him to think about or talk to his mom, because it's his mother after all. But for him to go to the chapel and speak to god and have this whole religious experience even though he's stated his atheism... That's not only OOC but also offensive to atheists because it's saying that we need god, because we don't. I don't hate religion, and I am absolutely okay with other people being religious, please don't misunderstand me. I just don't think you should impress your own personal beliefs on a character that most definitely does not share them.

That being said, your writing was, as usual wonderful in and of itself. I hope you continue writing but I also hope that you will at least think about what I've said.

I hope you have a wonderful day (or night, or afternoon).

Oh, to reach me far more quickly, my tumblr name is justasecondlove.
gwendolyn.erin chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Ohmygoodness. I'm a little puddle of goo right now!

You're a fantastic writer and this story was just alksdfj. This was angst done right. And it's realistic, this is something Kurt would really have trouble with. You're amazing (:
hannahelaine13 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
So I just read this, and I cracked up at your author's note: "'Never Been Kissed' better give me some more awesome Kurt material to work with..."

I couldn't help myself.
I ATE YOUR OREO CHEESCAKE chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
This is so touching.

I'm serious.

I may not be religious, but that didn't make it any less impacting.

Perhaps it made it more so.

In any case, I would be scratching the surface of this story if I called it beautiful, for it was so much more than just that.

I applaud you.

-excuse me while I grab a tissue-
TheRomanticNerd chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Regina Spektor is awesome :) I only know one or two songs that she sings, but they are really unique :)

Poor, poor Kurt :'((