Reviews for How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
Congrats on the 100th chapter.
I have reading this from very beginning.
It has been nearly 5 years since i started reading this story
MountainLord-92 chapter 100 . 6/19
Never liked Clair in the games, nice to see she is even less likeable here.

Have you uploaded Kris' battle anywhere, because it feels as though I should know what happened, and yet I don't. There's clearly a lot that's happened to Kris since Kris vs Gold, leaving me slightly confused. This is partially my fault, I haven't read Galactic yet... I probably should do that.

It is nice to see Chloe being given some depth at last. She may have a more privileged background than Alaska but hers was no less difficult it would seem.
Katarena chapter 100 . 6/16
First of all, congratulations on 100 chapters!

Clare is...well, she's spiteful and petty, isn't she? And then she gets her smugness thrown right back in her face.

I thought a certain unfriendly ghost was behind the crystal's theft. I don't know who Spike is (yet), but he seems quite the character. I have a feeling Kris' days as the Champion are numbered, and that it'll be a relief for her when it's over.

Uh-oh - the Indigo Dreamers are at Fuchsia as well. This could get interesting.

Amanda doesn't know what's happened to Buzz, does she? You've actually got me feeling sorry for her. Buzz wouldn't hesitate to throw her aside if (or perhaps when) it suits him.

Chloe gets some deeper characterisation. THANK YOU. That was long overdue. It seemed to me that she only existed to be a shallow, bitchy character that Alaska looked down on and trampled on (the way Chloe treated Alaska was exactly the same way that Alaska treated her). But she's getting some good development.

This was a good chapter!
Katarena chapter 99 . 5/11
In this blog entry, Alaska shows how far she's come and how she's changed as a character...and then the last paragraph shows she is still very much who she has always been.
Katarena chapter 98 . 5/2
Oh, that was genius! Alaska never technically released Darwin, so he was still her Pokemon. That was a nice touch!

Hopefully this time things will be better between them.

Everybody seems to be hoping Alaska will save the world just because she stopped the bad guys one time. They were putting serious expectations on her just from the museum incident.
Damian and Lochy seem like nice peeps.
MountainLord-92 chapter 98 . 4/22
Don't understand Jack at all, why would some random guy hate somebody he's never met enough to happily go out and murder her family (or nearest equivalent) just to prove a point. I'd have understood it if he was mercenary hired by one of the antagonists to harry her, but this? Nah, I don't buy it.

I did enjoy the battle, they are always done well, and it was nice to see Alaska developing further as a character. The simply returning of Darwin to his pokeball was quite clever, if it does make the whole battle a little pointless, hey i'm not complaining, you've gotta love a good battle.

Overall, good chapter, looking forward to the fuschia arc
GarionRiva chapter 98 . 4/20
Can you post or PM Alaska's pokemon list. I really want to know, thank you.
MountainLord-92 chapter 97 . 3/16
"Most of our colleagues just chase of Snorlax and go and get tea." Ok that killed me.

Nice to see some exploration into possible motives for Sabrina's actions, seems I'm not the only one who thinks her explosive anger was a little odd, to put it mildly.

You know I had this strange feeling that Darwin would be back. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part, but I had this feeling, given that they are near where he disappeared and would have settled, and it could be an opportunity to show how Alaska has grown as a person to have her finally bring under control her unruly fighting type.

I wonder what Jack's deal is, why has he got Darwin? Can't wait to find out.
Katarena chapter 97 . 3/15
Um...no. I didn't see that coming.
Katarena chapter 96 . 2/24
I think Alaska needs Sandy around her. Sandy keeps her grounded in a way, doesn't she?

Wow, Looker doesn't mince words, does he? But I'd hardly call what Sandy said whining.
Katarena chapter 95 . 12/30/2014
I really like Alistair Melton. He's a pretty good character. I love the way he's so concerned for his son - but then, he's got a good reason to be, hasn't he?

Amelia's pretty awesome as well.

Alaska's going to take control...and I have a nasty feeling people aren't going to like what happens.

And now for the nitpicking. Did you mean 'scared of the unknown' and 'settled into her brain'?
Katarena chapter 94 . 11/24/2014
The Least Sexy Chapter ...well, that’s quite an interesting title.

Evelyn has a point: she IS spending money feeding, housing and protecting Alaska. And Alaska isn’t even grateful. Come to think of it, she does have a VERY good reason to be angry.

Sandy’s right. That is absolutely messed up. If anyone needs a kick in the face, it’s the League.

You made a slight mistake: “They are grooming you” is four words, not five.

I feel sorry for Damian, Lachlan and Chloe. They’re pawns in this situation as well.

I’ve noticed something rather interesting. From what I’ve seen, none of the Champions are living a happy life. Red and Kris are miserable and angry, and Steven outright said the life of a Champion isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. And this is Alaska’s potential future, what she’s aspiring to be. This seems to be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’ – was that what you intended?
Species Unknown chapter 94 . 11/24/2014
The Kanto League are a bunch of idiots. Frankly, I wanna see Alaska kick one of them in the crotch for not seeing the danger for what it is.
Guest chapter 93 . 10/25/2014
You may want to replace "Insert name of move here" with the actual move name.

Right the way I see it Alaska has done nothing wrong. Sabrina wanted her to win by her rules and she has, she set up an arena with no cover, commanded her pokemon psychically so that Alaska couldn't hear the orders, so Alaska used moves in an unorthodox way to change the arena to her advantage (I don't see what is wrong with that) and later ceased giving audible commands (using Sabrina's own tricks against her, is nobody going to mention that for the entirety of the match Sabrina used a cheap trick to make life more difficult for Alaska, hypocrite much). That's just adapting to the situation in my eyes.

In many of your previous tales various characters have used unorthodox tactics to achieve victory, hell Kris is taught to do so by Leaf, yet nobody calls them cheap tricks there, feels as though Alaska is being villified for doing exactly the same as the other characters simply because it suits the story.

I guess, thinking about it a little, the issue is that Alaska only tends to go for the unorthodox as a last resort, instead blindly charging in with her pokemon even if they are outgunned.

Honestly if Sabrina thought the match was that bad she should have just refused to let Alaska leave, she did say previously that "if Alaska battled well enough, she could leave" not exclusively if she won, suggesting that in losing but battling well she would be allowed to leave. Also if she could sense that Alaska was not sending orders she should have sensed that someone else was doing so.

The final duel is not too dissimilar to a battle in another fic I read a while ago, in that the protagonist had to fight a guy who ordered his pokemon by whistling, in the end he used this tactic against his opponent by having his last pokemon battle using its own initiative. Why are all your gym leaders so petty at their tactics being trumped, they are on the brink of war, they should be encouraging trainers to get better, not belittle them for trying.

I also liked Paige using the Twister on Gardevoir to make it electricute itself with its own move, that was really clever.