Reviews for How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
Katarena chapter 96 . 2/24
I think Alaska needs Sandy around her. Sandy keeps her grounded in a way, doesn't she?

Wow, Looker doesn't mince words, does he? But I'd hardly call what Sandy said whining.
Katarena chapter 95 . 12/30/2014
I really like Alistair Melton. He's a pretty good character. I love the way he's so concerned for his son - but then, he's got a good reason to be, hasn't he?

Amelia's pretty awesome as well.

Alaska's going to take control...and I have a nasty feeling people aren't going to like what happens.

And now for the nitpicking. Did you mean 'scared of the unknown' and 'settled into her brain'?
Katarena chapter 94 . 11/24/2014
The Least Sexy Chapter ...well, that’s quite an interesting title.

Evelyn has a point: she IS spending money feeding, housing and protecting Alaska. And Alaska isn’t even grateful. Come to think of it, she does have a VERY good reason to be angry.

Sandy’s right. That is absolutely messed up. If anyone needs a kick in the face, it’s the League.

You made a slight mistake: “They are grooming you” is four words, not five.

I feel sorry for Damian, Lachlan and Chloe. They’re pawns in this situation as well.

I’ve noticed something rather interesting. From what I’ve seen, none of the Champions are living a happy life. Red and Kris are miserable and angry, and Steven outright said the life of a Champion isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. And this is Alaska’s potential future, what she’s aspiring to be. This seems to be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’ – was that what you intended?
Species Unknown chapter 94 . 11/24/2014
The Kanto League are a bunch of idiots. Frankly, I wanna see Alaska kick one of them in the crotch for not seeing the danger for what it is.
Guest chapter 93 . 10/25/2014
You may want to replace "Insert name of move here" with the actual move name.

Right the way I see it Alaska has done nothing wrong. Sabrina wanted her to win by her rules and she has, she set up an arena with no cover, commanded her pokemon psychically so that Alaska couldn't hear the orders, so Alaska used moves in an unorthodox way to change the arena to her advantage (I don't see what is wrong with that) and later ceased giving audible commands (using Sabrina's own tricks against her, is nobody going to mention that for the entirety of the match Sabrina used a cheap trick to make life more difficult for Alaska, hypocrite much). That's just adapting to the situation in my eyes.

In many of your previous tales various characters have used unorthodox tactics to achieve victory, hell Kris is taught to do so by Leaf, yet nobody calls them cheap tricks there, feels as though Alaska is being villified for doing exactly the same as the other characters simply because it suits the story.

I guess, thinking about it a little, the issue is that Alaska only tends to go for the unorthodox as a last resort, instead blindly charging in with her pokemon even if they are outgunned.

Honestly if Sabrina thought the match was that bad she should have just refused to let Alaska leave, she did say previously that "if Alaska battled well enough, she could leave" not exclusively if she won, suggesting that in losing but battling well she would be allowed to leave. Also if she could sense that Alaska was not sending orders she should have sensed that someone else was doing so.

The final duel is not too dissimilar to a battle in another fic I read a while ago, in that the protagonist had to fight a guy who ordered his pokemon by whistling, in the end he used this tactic against his opponent by having his last pokemon battle using its own initiative. Why are all your gym leaders so petty at their tactics being trumped, they are on the brink of war, they should be encouraging trainers to get better, not belittle them for trying.

I also liked Paige using the Twister on Gardevoir to make it electricute itself with its own move, that was really clever.
Katarena chapter 93 . 10/19/2014
How exactly does Alaska know Latios is her guardian? I mean, *we* know it's him, but how exactly does *she* know that? He's never named himself to her.
Chrysilis chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Can I put this fanfiction as an audio book on you tube as long as I say that it was written by you, and I send you the link?
MountainLord-92 chapter 91 . 7/8/2014
It's interesting to see the villains meet for the first time in the story, nice to find out some more about their old relationship.
Anonymous chapter 10 . 7/6/2014
Alexandra Samson? You mean there are characters in the story that have different letters for their first and last names? Must be a typo.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 7/6/2014
OMG! I was laughing so hard at this chapter. I have high expectations for future chapters.
Species Unknown chapter 91 . 7/6/2014
...And I say to both Buzz and Gideon, "FUCK. YOU."
Species Unknown chapter 90 . 6/14/2014
Well, YODO is MUUUUUCH better than Yolo.
MountainLord-92 chapter 90 . 6/13/2014
Well that was an intense set of chapters. Nice dose of reality for Alaska, if she was in any doubt as to how serious the villains were before she certainly understands now.

Couldn't help but laugh out loud at the "I imagine it would fill about seven chapters of a book that I'm sure people wished had wrapped up years ago."
Guest chapter 90 . 6/10/2014
Why not? Indigo Dreams has been pretty good so far, better than other trashy shows. I loved that last challenge and can't wait for their next show. You have no right to blog about rubbish shows.
Phairis chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
So, I was scrolling along the recently updated selection, WHEN I COME ACROSS THIS 90 CHAPTER BEAUTY. God I love long fics. I can't wait to dig into this. Plus, it looks really good so far. (I'll review the latest chapter when I get there, until then!)