Reviews for A Different Halloween
Awesome
gginsc chapter 20 . 7/16
Loved it.
gginsc chapter 16 . 7/15
What a fool! I hope Narcissca escapes them!
BlueKarou79 chapter 1 . 7/12
"Can we get a dog?" Hehehe, great line!
Ackamarackus chapter 20 . 7/12
this was amazing, and kind of revolutionary.
Bronze chapter 20 . 7/8
Wonderful story! I totally enjoyed the whole thing. I thought the part where Dudley also went to Hogwarts and got four N.E.W.T.S. was a very interesting touch. I truly can't think of any other ff story where Dudley attended Hogwarts. Never mind actually taking his NEWTS and getting four. Then Dudley asking Luna to marry him? NEVER! Luna/Harry, Luna/Neville, Luna/Ron sure. But never Dudley. I can only think of one other story where Harry and Dudley work together. The story's called The Lightsaber. It's a long story but still a good one. One of these days I'll actually finish reading it. ;) I've read some of your other stories and enjoyed them as much. So thanks for the entertainment. Keep up the good work.
dramonie1028 chapter 20 . 7/4
WOW! I love all your stories I've read so far but that is at the top of my favorites list. The difference in Harry and Dudley raised by Lily and James vs. Petunia and Vernon is so heartbreakingly sad. I'm extremely haapy to have gotten a chance to read this amazing version. I wish you would have touched a little more on him going to Hogwarts though you said he got 4 NEWTS I would think it would be Herbology, Astronomy, History of Magic but then what? Potions? Muggle studdies? That seems like a cope out though. Either way just wondering, great story!
Stormshadow13 chapter 20 . 7/2
This story was amazing! I loved reading it! And it was very refreshing. I don’t think I’ve ever read a Harry Potter story where Lily and James took in Dudley. I loved how it was reversed and deadly was raised as a good guy. I loved all the kids. And the way the wizard in world changed. Amazing story again loved it!
Village-Mystic chapter 20 . 6/25
Oh, I like that you solved the main plot points, but left a few in the air. Who will Susan find with witty humor and her equal (original character, character from the Potterverse that just wasn't a focus in this story, or crossover character - in 1998 Spencer Reid from CM would be 18 and already have one or two Phds, and I'm sure there are some others out there.)? Just because the light saber toys (shield and sting) couldn't be mass produced, doesn't mean they couldn't be hand-crafted - but who would have the time to charm them right and for what price? So many other characters as well in that universe, many of the likable. Thanks for sharing the tale!
Village-Mystic chapter 19 . 6/25
If Shakespeare was meant to have been a wizard or a squib, it makes you wonder if there were any magical world-only plays that he wrote. Meanwhile, I love what you did with the hex-reflecting light-saber toy and integrating Dudley into the story.
Village-Mystic chapter 17 . 6/25
The Weasley Twins were really trying to be thoughtful about consequences as well. Perhaps a muggle studies class, newly renamed "non-magical interactions and considerations" should be required for first years, even if it is just an abbreviated 3 week introduction course.

In terms of not thinking things through - anyone under-aged who hadn't gotten their full growth yet (not just babies) might have been damaged by the temporary transformation. That's something that should have been considered in some way by someone, too.
Village-Mystic chapter 16 . 6/25
I feel a little sorry for Draco, here. Raised by a mad-woman.
Village-Mystic chapter 10 . 6/24
I like that while Barty Crouch and Dumbledore are different people they are both ruthless politicians who seemed to have drunk their own "Koolaid". They both will do good, if it suits them... but it doesn't always suit them.
Village-Mystic chapter 8 . 6/24
I wonder how feral Draco would be. Raised more by the house elf? Or did he take to reading and be reasonably literate?
Village-Mystic chapter 5 . 6/23
Once again, you have a fine time showing the motivations of several different adult characters. I noticed that the way Walburga phrased her imperious that the person it happened to was not ordered to forget what she said. That could be in their favor, and I hope that Draco isn't raised by her for long.
4,305 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »