Reviews for A Different Halloween
Lordlexx chapter 10 . 1/20
It always bothered me in this story that they never met and befriended the Weasleys with them being with Luna at her house and I'm pretty sure that the Potters and Weasleys were in the Order together.
InAnnaCat chapter 1 . 1/18
Albus dumbledore thinking about why he is attracted to bad bad boys and then thinking about severus just makes me gag! I think of both of them as greasy and saggy. Both are throughly unattractive!
"... the boy-who-defeated-Dumbledore ...?" That's just too cumbersome by far, more even than that silly cannon moniker of "the Boy-who-Lived."

May I propose an alternative, something more Succinct and Informative (always desirable traits)? How about "Dumblesbane" as a title (in the spirit of Wolfsbane obviously)?
Now see, your A/N raises an interesting question.

"A/N It was only after reading their first defence lesson again, I realised how closely it matched the one from ‘Letters and Lunches’ by Old Crow. Since I was happy with the way the piece flowed, I didn’t want to change it and intended to quote that story as my inspiration. (...) In my rush to get the chapter posted, my intended author note found itself replaced by my usual disclaimer so I’m sticking it here. better late than never."

So just how hard is it to replace individual chapters? You essentially replaced in-place each chapter of 'Knowledge is Power' with those for the subsquent rewrite, then called 'Taking the PISS,' and did so without changing the original 'Published' date (presumably to retain the original's submitted reviews). Still, if it were excessively awkward or time-consuming to do chapter replacements you presumably would have just deleted and reposted that whole story in its entirety. Here you forego updating the single chapter where the updated A/N should have gone and place it, instead, in an unrelated chapter which just happened to be the next posted at that time.

So replacing a single prior chapter is somehow MORE awkward than replacing all posted chapters with their corresponding replacements? Possible I suppose (I'm not a posting author here so wouldn't know personally), but it certainly seems oddly counterintuitive that FFN's system would be designed to make a single-chapter replacement more problematic than the mass-replacement of all chapters in a story. Curiouser and curiouser, indeed.
ToMyMuse chapter 20 . 12/31/2019
Enjoyed this story very much. Thank you!
rekrula chapter 3 . 12/31/2019
LOVE your handling of the soul pieces, and it makes sense! This is the only place I have seen that, so kudos for the originality! Thanks for sharing!
rekrula chapter 1 . 12/31/2019
The last line makes me laugh every time. Love this story! Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 16 . 12/26/2019
Um, Harry? Tuck that penis back in, Mighty Mouse - Draco wasn't aiming for your perfect little princess; Pansy just happened to dodge his curse at just the right time is all. Draco is certainly an asshole but this time he wasn't gunning for you or yours so get off your stupid high horse already.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/26/2019
Government theft of personal property is wrong, regardless. It's still theft no matter the excuse. In this one instance, I feel very sorry for Draco.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/26/2019
Yup, just like "modern" schools where bullying is concerned - let the bullies bully all they want to while someone hunts down a teacher who might eventually show up all the while the bully can do whatever they want to the kid in their grasp. Yup, real effective "anti-bullying" policy there...
Veronice chapter 20 . 12/24/2019
Most enjoyable, thank you. I especially loved Dumbledore's missteps early on, eg, ch 3, the meeting with Peter, Daily Prophet editor.
Darkangel28541 chapter 20 . 12/16/2019
I thought this would be longer but still great! I would totally read this again.
Lovroffanfic chapter 1 . 12/11/2019
About to start my 5th read through. This story just makes me feel happier when I’m going through a hard time. Thank you!
CaliforniaCougar chapter 20 . 12/4/2019
An interesting twist on that night. The day of the dead thing was interesting too!
Lizzarnia5887 chapter 20 . 11/30/2019
oh pretty please do a follow up story to this I loved it
4,500 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »