Reviews for A Different Halloween
InAnnaCat chapter 20 . 3/21
One thing that I do not get. Did Barty Crouch kill his son or not. That is not clear.
Rico Perrien chapter 20 . 3/19
Excellent story, tying up all the loose ends.
fantasyinmymind chapter 20 . 3/18
What a fun "if only" story!
AJ-Evans chapter 20 . 3/12
Another great story and quite an interesting take.

All the kids growing up together was nice. I had anticipated a Susan/Neville 'ship too. :)

I like the ides of a nice!Dudley. Not often seen. He reminded me of Neville. As a muggle at Hogwarts that was momentous. And that he passed four NEWTS. I imagine they were History, Herbology, Astronomy and Potions. I imagine he could do theory tests on the other subjects, just not the practical.

You even made Barty Crouch Sr likeable. Which I personally thinks takes a lot of work. he has a bigger brush pole stuck up his arse than Percy.

Its nice to Slytherin House have a house to be proud of. Not one that consists of cheating and back-stabbing and what you said in Can't Have It Both Ways. I can't remember all of it.

Cheers.
Punmaster Maybe chapter 18 . 3/8
"Then it was only a matter of setting the screens so that Padfoot, Prancer or Minerva's pussy didn't trigger the alert"
"Minerva's pussy"

INNUENDO AHOY!
...Yeah, "pussy" can refer to a woman's privates. Oops. Still makes for a rather vulgar pun, considering it's a woman able to turn into a cat, which is 'nice'.
Also, the idea of an alarm going off because of a lady's privates is rather odd.
Jhn1 chapter 9 . 3/9
I was rereading Halloween (chapter 9) when I saw your bit about the inability to write non-manipulative (presumed bad/evil) Dumbledore.
I agree, from the perspective of 'what is plausible' given what JKR wrote?
Then I had an Epiphany, from "the greatest wizard" to "the greatest detective... in all of France".
Yes, Albus as portrayed by Peter Sellers (from the Pink Panther series) or maybe Steve Martin (who also did Pink Panther).
Albus no longer sluffs off his duties on Minerva, but rather she does them because if she doesn't, the bills don't get paid and supplies don't arrive, payroll isn't met, ect.
Albus of the really powerful core, but Inspector C.-like... no common sense.
Maybe a flashback to the capture of Gellert G.
Experienced hit wizards let moron out front to spring the traps. Guards recognize this, and deactivate the traps until lone scout (Albus) passes them.
Albus only survivor to reach fortress, and instead of entering obvious keyhole gauntlet, slips and after some misadventures enters from roof. Either some infinite water mishap, or near infinite aquarium enlargement mishap (where do you think the friendly giant squid came from) and escape, sealing that room. water leaks and door/wall groans and next room is sealed as well as the hall after it.
Eventually makes it to the main floor, avoiding the parts of the room where water is dripping, and Gellert springs his trap. Albus is trapped, and helpless so Gellert monologues (including Elder Wand invincibility) until the ceiling caves in from the hundreds of thousands of gallons of water Albus' earlier gaff had let in. Stones and water break the trap and knock out Gellert. Albus rescues Gellert, or the now giant squid rescues both.
Albus gets Order of Merlin - First Class, and a grateful public adds on all the accolades it can (Chief Mugwump ect)
Now you CAN have a manipulative Albus character completely insensitive to negative effects of his actions - because he knows they can't happen except as a result of somebody else's tampering.
Keep writing ANY of yours and I'll keep reading (favorite as an author)

J'hn1
People's Republic of Chicago
steve.moore.9081323 chapter 20 . 3/8
A really interesting story Delight to read Thank you for sharing
JerHat chapter 20 . 3/8
Absolutely love robst's works of wonder.
Thank you very much for sharing.
LilLinkGirl chapter 20 . 3/4
Opps, missed one lol I think I got them all this time :) Interesting take on things. Thank you for sharing.
MimiTaylor chapter 20 . 2/27
Oh that was so damn good! You really created a wonderful 'what if' scenario with a great plot, sweet romance, action and a perfect ending.

My only complaint? Who did Remus take to the wedding?!
throughhiseyes chapter 8 . 2/20
nice with Rita. Oh no
throughhiseyes chapter 5 . 2/19
Oh Marge, go away lol I'm glad she got to go. ugh Albus
throughhiseyes chapter 4 . 2/19
I'm stuck on how to feel for Barty buy I'm glad that he did do something to make sure his son didn't hurt anyone. wow! That was a close call for the Longbottoms! ugh Albus
4,249 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »