Reviews for A Different Halloween
maya215 chapter 16 . 7/24
loop
myafroatemydog chapter 4 . 7/23
Damn this fic is crazy gppd
RHJunior chapter 19 . 7/22
lightsabers. upgrade those puppies with a stunning curse instead of a stinging hex, and you'd really have something...
RHJunior chapter 9 . 7/22
c'mon, cut Ron a break in ONE story... Why does everyone flanderize him into the worst human being on earth? In the books he was brave (giant spiders, basilisks, dragons, dementors, death eaters, giants, trolls, cursed artifacts, need I continue) loyal (even when every other witch and wizard had turned their backs on Harry!), and levelheaded in a crisis (while Hermione freaked, it was RON who got them past the Devil's Snare and even sacrificed himself in the chess room.)

And his reward for following them into dangers that would have sent a hardened marine running was to be relegated to a footnote in their story afterwards.

Don't dump on Ron for being jealous from time to time unless you're willing to take Hermione to task for being a bossy, arrogant swot or Harry for being a chronic troublemaker (and a petulant git for all of book 5.)
jadethetroll chapter 20 . 7/13
wow. i'd would love to read a room-con about their university days :D i am astonished that you not only managed to include Dudley but actually made him a Hogwarts student of sorts. i always thought that herbology and potions und runes und stuff like that would be managable for muggles but i hadn't seen it in a story yet. you certainly went beyond my expectations
VioletBuckbeak chapter 17 . 7/13
Oh please tell me that harry and Hermione together attack Dumbledore. I can envision it now
Books85 chapter 20 . 7/12
I loved this the first time I read this and I loved it this time too. Thank you.
Sorry to bug but you use monitory instead of monetary. I mention it because I have a student who is learning English who pointed me to you. Have a good one. Loving your story. Keeps this up! You're the best.
Stefan Bathory chapter 20 . 7/11
As usual, I like very much your story. It is very well written and the point of divergence of canon is very good.

The first chapter is really amazing, the meeting between Hermione and Harry is very cute, and this chapter give a good idea of how difficult live can be for a young family and their son while a Dark Lord and his minions are after them. I like also the masquerade played by Lily about wizards powers and about the Statute of Secrecy, and the paranoia of James, Lily and Sirius.

The parts about how Petunia accepted to be protected by magic and so saved her son, and how Crouch senior sacrificed his own son are very good. I like Crouch as a stern Commander in Chief against the DE, the Daily Prophet campaign against the DE, the character of bad and manipulative Dumbledore.

Good ideas about providing Harry and Hermione a network of friends and an extended family, and the adoption of Dudley and his education.

But I have two problems, the main one is about the Slytherin House and its reaction toward its new members. Most of the canon First Year of 1991 are Death Eaters children, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Theodore Nott were all raised by their mothers or by others members of their families, because at least their fathers, and probably their mothers are in Azkaban because they were Death Eaters. You presented Draco as the only supporter of Pureblood prejudice but the Slytherin House is full of them, and the whole of magic society is so full of prejudice that only 11 years of reforms can't change the world so quickly.

The second fact, I don't like is that the Potter-Black clan considered a little Hogwarts as his own. I doubt about a former Gryffindor being able to the Head of Slytherin House. And I don't see a toddler welcome to the Teacher Table in the Great Hall during the meals, and children who shouldn't be in school be so welcomed in dormitories/lessons and others schools activities. You give too much specials favours for the Potter-Black members.
myafroatemydog chapter 3 . 7/10
I wonder where you will take this
I almost fell off of my chair from laughing at Dumbledore's alias. Richard Harris! Brilliant idea.

Also, I have been waiting for a while to hear someone connect Dumbledore to the song MacArthur Park.
myafroatemydog chapter 2 . 7/10
Dumbles alway meddling
myafroatemydog chapter 1 . 7/10
This was an excellent chapter.
torlan2003 chapter 20 . 7/5
Great story, One of my favorite what if stories. Thank you for writing
wow chapter 20 . 7/1
Hands down, my favorite story you've written. I only wish you continued it to 100 chapters as you did with Harry Crow. But spectacular nonetheless.
4,056 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »