Reviews for A Different Halloween
Name TaoistMonk chapter 4 . 9/10/2015
If the people with long bottom had their dwelling under a secrecy charm, known only to the bearded liar and the constipated gran. How could the Spectacled Goat and his Flower find the home of Bottom?
whitebuffalowmn chapter 4 . 9/10/2015
wonderful tale so far! I'm looking to finish it tonight lol thank you for writing a fabulous story. we appreciate you and your writing style.
katmom chapter 20 . 9/7/2015
Thank you! This was a joy to read. I'm sure I will read it again at some point. I laughed, and I shed a few tears. Well done!

Kathie
Maxtaf chapter 10 . 9/3/2015
I'm not sure what the obnoxious Guest reviewer was smoking, but I'm glad he wasn't sharing as well, because it was obviously a bad batch!

Contrary to his illiterate whining, I found this a very nice AU fic, with a single point of difference. I found your extrapolations of how the children's personalities would have changed, given they were raised in a different environment. All 6 children had been isolated it their own ways from social contact as children, and they were bound to turn out differently when raised in a different way. In particular, I loved how Hermione has become a much more socially confident child, having actually had friends growing up, instead of a socially awkward girl with an authority fetish, since they were the only ones she could talk to.
As bond fics go, the bond aspect of this one was very mild. Merely a compatibility in their magic that makes them want to be close. Not that I object to bond fics (many of my all time favorites are bond fics of one form or another, including your own A Kiss Can Save The World), but the bond was merely an undercurrent throughout the story. And I really liked the way the adults handled it, very hands off, merely making sure things didn't progress too fast.

On a site where the HP fics number over 700,000, you have multiple fics in the top 100 most favorited stories. That did not happen because people were angry at you for wasting their time. It happened because people, myself included, simply enjoy your writing style, and like reading your stories.

Thanks for writing, and thank you for taking the time to post it for us to enjoy. Your efforts are appreciated.

Maxtaf
Guest chapter 10 . 8/28/2015
Everything is unrealistic and they are all Mary Sues and Gary Stus. Hermione is a piece of shit in this fic and the whole ''magical bond" thing needs to go to hell. Those 3 thousand reviews had to have been in anger at wasting their time on such a fucking stupid fic
imketys chapter 20 . 8/30/2015
This really is a great story
CherryBlossoms016 chapter 3 . 8/28/2015
Okay. Nevermind. Voldemort's gone for good
CherryBlossoms016 chapter 2 . 8/28/2015
Hmmm... so if Dudley is seemingly unhurt and Snape was in the room and was hurt, does this mean that Snape is the hrocrux?
barbaratakuyaho chapter 9 . 8/26/2015
Been reading you off and on for several years. I agree with you about people who complain about characters not behaving like they should make me mad as well. Simple solution, do not like story do not read it. Why don't they read the Potter books again? Your PLOTS are ALWAYS GOOD. You update REGULARLY and FREQUENTLY. You EDIT your tales WELL. This is fan fiction and DIFFERENT IDEAS should be appreciated. If the story makes sense, and yours do, just relax and enjoy. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have MANY million more words to share.
Gunny Highway chapter 20 . 8/22/2015
Great story for those of us who enjoy non-angst stories.
SFC CopperHead chapter 16 . 8/22/2015
I've finally decided not to push the NEXT button until I reviewed this story. One problem with it is that I got so interested in it that my lovely wife had to tell me to go to bed. Of course that involved her using my first, middle, and last names so that I knew she was less than pleased with me. I find it interesting that you cut to the chase early and wrote about what should have been in canon. Dad (MSgt SilverDollar) told me that it was almost impossible to write about Harry Potter and not mention how children were abused and wizards and witches in in general were manipulated by Dumbledore. I think you have shown this really well without bashing some of canon's most unlikable characters such as Molly Weasley. Showing the Malfoys and Ron in a bad light I don't consider as bashing although I'm sure some Ron fans do.
Dad always said that you can't please everyone and that the only life some people has was to try to tear down those more successful than themselves. He called those flamers and either deleted the review if they were a guest or told them to piss off and get a life if they had an account with PM active. The three of us who read fanfiction in this family all agree the you are hands down in the top three writers on this site and anyone who disagrees can go pound sand up their arse.

Snake
Kamen Rider Ranger chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
wonderful start and read, you have a great imagination
epicvux chapter 20 . 8/15/2015
Omg! The feels are real right now! Great story and ending!
Jostanos chapter 9 . 8/2/2015
I just thought if something, robst..
Add an 'i' to PMP and you would have 'PiMP'! XD
Siggimondo chapter 12 . 7/25/2015
I never thought I'd say this, but thank Merlin for Rita Skeeter.
3,959 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »